Was seeking God pleasant before literalism?

Your child murdering God was.

Answer the question?

Regards
DL
Genesis 3:4-5
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.​

Is it good to have ones mental eyes open?

How is A & E becoming as Gods, God's own words, a wedge between God and man or man becoming less familiar with God?

We have gone full circle so start communicating or get lost.

Regards
DL
I have given this question some thought and study. You are correct that Genesis 3:22 states that God does say A&E has become as us. I would not be too quick to make assumptions however. A horse is as us as in we are both mammals.

Yes but you forget that God said --- And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

We are not livestock.

Seems your thoughts do not run too deep.

Let me help you.

Regards
DL
(Why do I get the distinct impress that this is going to go back and forth for a while and then you will insult me and put me on ignore. If so please do it now and save both of us some time and effort.)

Yes, I mentioned the "as one of us". I did not address the "to know good and evil" but I do not see what the point of that would be but to muddle the issue.

We are not livestock but neither are we gods and neither were A&E.

Deep thoughts require digging to find. When I am working on something I try to keep everything I need in short term memory.

Please help away. I welcome anything which will either directly or even indirectly unlock one more piece of the puzzle.

"We are not livestock but neither are we gods and neither were A&E."

If you are going to deny what God himself says in the scriptures, what is the point?

You say you have given that story some thought but it seems that you have not remembered that it is a Jewish story and that Christianity reversed their moral of man's elevation in Eden to the Christian view of a fall.

Show how becoming as Gods, God's own word is a fall.

Show how A & E deciding to open their eyes instead of going around with them closed is somehow wrong.

I will not ignore you unless I think you are a lost case.

The Original Meaning Of Original Sin The Dish

Regards
DL

Genesis 3:4-5
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.​

How is A & E becoming as Gods, God's own words, a wedge between God and man or man becoming less familiar with God?

Regards
DL
I have given this question some thought and study. You are correct that Genesis 3:22 states that God does say A&E has become as us. I would not be too quick to make assumptions however. A horse is as us as in we are both mammals.

Yes but you forget that God said --- And the Lord God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil:

We are not livestock.

Let me help you.

Regards
DL
(Why do I get the distinct impress that this is going to go back and forth for a while and then you will insult me and put me on ignore. If so please do it now and save both of us some time and effort.)

Yes, I mentioned the "as one of us". I did not address the "to know good and evil" but I do not see what the point of that would be but to muddle the issue.

Deep thoughts require digging to find. When I am working on something I try to keep everything I need in short term memory.

Please help away. I welcome anything which will either directly or even indirectly unlock one more piece of the puzzle.

If you are going to deny what God himself says in the scriptures, what is the point?

You say you have given that story some thought but it seems that you have not remembered that it is a Jewish story and that Christianity reversed their moral of man's elevation in Eden to the Christian view of a fall.

Show how A & E deciding to open their eyes instead of going around with them closed is somehow wrong.

Regards
DL
How am I denying what God himself says? If you have a version of the bible that has any verse that does not include the word "as" in it please let me know. 'as' can mean to the same degree or extent but that does not necessarily mean in all aspects, hence the mammal example I gave.

As far as my religion goes as far as I know I have a religion of one. I believe the Old Testament of the King James version of the Bible is the word of God, and even then I might kick out everything except for the books of Moses and the book of Job. I have no interest any of the New Testament.

Perhaps there was a trade of between becoming as gods and a lose of something else. Maybe what man gained was not near as much as he lost. For example; if I sell you my car for $5 I have gained $5.

Why do you draw the conclusion that having their eyes opened was wrong? Eating the apple was something God told them not to do but I did not see anywhere where God specifically said having their eyes opened was wrong.

Your use of the word 'show' seems a bit aggressive to me. First of all this is a message board and second we are discussion religion and third of all we are discussing Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden so it only goes to reason that I can not 'show' you anything.

Regards
DL

We are not livestock.

Let me help you.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL
How am I denying what God himself says? If you have a version of the bible that has any verse that does not include the word "as" in it please let me know. 'as' can mean to the same degree or extent but that does not necessarily mean in all aspects, hence the mammal example I gave.

As far as my religion goes as far as I know I have a religion of one. I believe the Old Testament of the King James version of the Bible is the word of God, and even then I might kick out everything except for the books of Moses and the book of Job. I have no interest any of the New Testament.

Perhaps there was a trade of between becoming as gods and a lose of something else. Maybe what man gained was not near as much as he lost. For example; if I sell you my car for $5 I have gained $5.

Why do you draw the conclusion that having their eyes opened was wrong? Eating the apple was something God told them not to do but I did not see anywhere where God specifically said having their eyes opened was wrong.

Your use of the word 'show' seems a bit aggressive to me. First of all this is a message board and second we are discussion religion and third of all we are discussing Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden so it only goes to reason that I can not 'show' you anything.

True but I can show you much. But you do not want to see.

Like where your bible comes from and how much blood is on it.

The important part of God is his morality yet you think there is something more important.

It must be the fantasy and miracles that have hooked your pathetic soul.

You throw out the baby with the bath water.

Regards
DL

We are not livestock.

Let me help you.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

The important part of God is his morality yet you think there is something more important.

Regards
DL

(Almost missed this reply. USMB sure messed up the format of this board when they redid/undid the original thread format. :( )

Did not watch video. Besides the 3 hour length anything with "Untold" in the title makes me wary. Anything in particular you wanted me to learn from it? I have started watching "The King James Bible Documentary (Interesting)" which is really good so far, produced by the BBC. Of particular note is that the KJ was written in 1611 which is in the time frame the religiously persecuted were leaving England for the new country.

What do you mean the important part of God is his morality? What is considered moral might be pretty important although I do not consider that most important either.

I do not understand the bath water reference.

We are not livestock.

Let me help you.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

(Almost missed this reply. USMB sure messed up the format of this board when they redid/undid the original thread format. :( )

Did not watch video. Besides the 3 hour length anything with "Untold" in the title makes me wary. Anything in particular you wanted me to learn from it? I have started watching "The King James Bible Documentary (Interesting)" which is really good so far, produced by the BBC. Of particular note is that the KJ was written in 1611 which is in the time frame the religiously persecuted were leaving England for the new country.

What do you mean the important part of God is his morality? What is considered moral might be pretty important although I do not consider that most important either.

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is a term used to describe how one might accidentally throw out the best part of what is in the tub by accident. Like accidentally throwing out the baby along with the dirty water.

The link I gave dealt primarily with the time prior to 1611. It shows the murderous length that church went through to have us end with the bible we now use. I shows how much was thrown out and how much blood was spilled to have what we now have. It also talks about the future bible and how they might drop Revelation altogether.

It showed quite clearly how Christianity decimated all who did not think as they did. Something close to what Islam is trying to do right now.

Religions do not like people whop think freely.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Throwing out the baby with the bathwater is a term used to describe how one might accidentally throw out the best part of what is in the tub by accident. Like accidentally throwing out the baby along with the dirty water.

The link I gave dealt primarily with the time prior to 1611. It shows the murderous length that church went through to have us end with the bible we now use. I shows how much was thrown out and how much blood was spilled to have what we now have. It also talks about the future bible and how they might drop Revelation altogether.

It showed quite clearly how Christianity decimated all who did not think as they did. Something close to what Islam is trying to do right now.

Religions do not like people whop think freely.

Regards
DL

I am familar with the phrase about throwing out bath water, and babies. I do not know what the baby and the bath water are suppose to represent however.

When you say "Christianity decimated" are you referring to something specific or making a general statement that those who believe in Jesus Christ that ultimately violence is the answer?

The Bible is an independent object that transcends all else. The KJV Bible is above anything else on the planet. Not that I think burning a bible is some great offence against God, just print three more. Those who can not fully understand it, which no one can should not judge it. Here's an of just how much is within verses. I read Job 34:6 Should I lie against my right? my wound is incurable without transgression. One of my KJV Bibles gives a reference to Job 9:17 For he breaketh me with a tempest, and multiplieth my wounds without cause. I could not figure out how one could possible be related to another. Turns out lie means to tell a falsehood or recline. Right can be a direction or side or be accurate. I got my dictionary and there is also the definition of lie to stay in a particular location and a definition of right as 'something due to one by force of law or nature'. Therefore 'Should I lie against my right?' could also mean 'Should I maintain my position while being buffered by the force of law or nature.' (Law might actually apply here also.) As none of the commentaries referenced in biblehub on verse 34:6 gives the third possibility for the definition of right I could very well be wrong but it does give an example, and there are many, how rash judgements of what the Bible says are just that, rash. So before you jump to conclusions about Christians (which actually I am not) find someone who saw the ultimate conclusion of the Bible is violence.

^
Here is a list of Gnostic sects that were mostly all decimated by a non-violent Christian/Catholic church.

They were the baby that Christianity threw out with the bath water.

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back