Was reading this.

earlycuyler

Extra long Bad Ass Cut.
Sep 17, 2011
Drivers seat.
Broken Immigration System Hurts Texas Construction Workers Industry

Yes I know it's from the AFL-CIO, but they are saying what most here, even the all American God fearing super patriotic Republicans. In this article one of the things pointed out is that employers have no choice but to hire illegal immigrants because no one will do these jobs, and that they will also treat these workers badly because they are in fact illegal. Hm. This article is geared toward construction. This is the industry I make my living in. It's funny, the illegals were smart enough to steal an identity and get a social security number, file for food stamps and medicade, and exploit food banks, as well as work on or off the books. This is not just an issue with illegals from South of our border. Lazyness on the part of fat spoiled American citizens is to blame. To me, immigration reform without welfare reform is pointless.

As soon as all this "reform" happens? The cost of doing business will rise.

Businesses LIKE the cheap labor with no rules. Keep in mind, this is a worker rights page. They don't want competition from labor that will work for dirt cheap. Obviously.

So you need to think, what will happen when all these "reforms" happen? The market will once again readjust. If workers can get more for their labor here than they can south of the border, then the flow of illegal immigration will once again explode like never before if there are jobs.

IOW, this isn't any way to solve the problem.

The way to move forward is to two fold.

First, pass draconian fines on the businesses that hire ineligible workers. Make enforcement of immigration law fund itself. In the process, you make business realize that it isn't economically in their interest to hire ineligible workers, for if they get caught doing business with those ineligible to work here, their bottom line is sunk, and they may go out of business. If all the documentation necessary to work was harder to forge, this wouldn't be a problem. Make licenses only electronically readable, and birth certs. readable with a special light. etc.

Second, make violation of immigration law so draconian that once word gets out of what happens if you get caught, no one would dare try to come in. It's a RISK/BENEFITS scenario. REMEMBER, these people attempting to get in are NOT American citizens, therefor they are due no constitutional protections. If you get caught entering illegally, well, first you are tortured for a few weeks, then you are imprisoned for a couple years in solitary.

How many do you think would attempt to try and come then? Especially if we caught say, 97% of them? Eventually, be self-deportation and discouragement by knowing the penalties of coming here, all labor needs could be filled by LEGAL immigration.

Broken Immigration System Hurts Texas Construction Workers Industry

Yes I know it's from the AFL-CIO, but they are saying what most here, even the all American God fearing super patriotic Republicans. In this article one of the things pointed out is that employers have no choice but to hire illegal immigrants because no one will do these jobs, and that they will also treat these workers badly because they are in fact illegal. Hm. This article is geared toward construction. This is the industry I make my living in. It's funny, the illegals were smart enough to steal an identity and get a social security number, file for food stamps and medicade, and exploit food banks, as well as work on or off the books. This is not just an issue with illegals from South of our border. Lazyness on the part of fat spoiled American citizens is to blame. To me, immigration reform without welfare reform is pointless.

What utter BS! Americans were drove off those construction jobs by cheap, illegal labor because the builders wanted to increase their profits. Americans are not too fat, lazy or spoiled to do most jobs that illegal aliens doing for a fair wage. Are you really this stupid?

Forum List

Back