Was purpose of Constitution to make liberals illegal?

Of course it was. The entire purpose of it was to keep government small while liberals openly stand for the exact opposite/
:eusa_hand:

The Govt was small because the US was small like under 200K citizens. No planes, trains or automobiles, no military, no foreign aid etc.

comparing the Govt of the 18th century with the current govt is like comparing a horse carriage to a 767....

The physical size of the country is of little relevance, but the rather the size of the government in proportion to the size of the nation. Just because we have a nation of 300 million today does not mean we can't still have a government in proportion to that of colonial times.

Utterly ridiculous.

Of course it was. The entire purpose of it was to keep government small while liberals openly stand for the exact opposite/

The Govt was small because the US was small like under 200K citizens. No planes, trains or automobiles, no military, no foreign aid etc.

comparing the Govt of the 18th century with the current govt is like comparing a horse carriage to a 767....

The physical size of the country is of little relevance, but the rather the size of the government in proportion to the size of the nation. Just because we have a nation of 300 million today does not mean we can't still have a government in proportion to that of colonial times.

Damn it... this one makes you look smart.... :confused:

The conservative position in those days was to the stay under the rule of Britain. It was the liberals of the day who risked everything to create this country. This makes your question pretty stupid.

This post makes you look pretty stupid.

True stuury

Not at all. I know exactly what I'm talking about. In fact, I very carefully chose my words.

Why is a pip-squeak newcomer barely 200 years old and change the sole super-power in the world while thousand year old civilizations are still living in dirt and abject poverty? The Constitution. Too bad today's liberals still don't understand the concept of freedom.

Utterly ridiculous.

Why...? because you said so?

Utterly ridiculous.

Why?

The conservative position in those days was to the stay under the rule of Britain. It was the liberals of the day who risked everything to create this country. This makes your question pretty stupid.

This post makes you look pretty stupid.

True stuury

Not at all. I know exactly what I'm talking about. In fact, I very carefully chose my words.

Only because you implied the FF were libs

The Constitution was written by Liberals

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHahahahahaha... Prove it? Then prove they were liberals in terms of liberals today.

Waiting for your fail.

The FF were none of what we see today if anything.

They weren't.

For one thing..Liberals today do not believe in slave ownership. For another thing, Liberals today believe women should be allowed to vote. Those weren't popular ideas for Liberals back in the day. But Liberalism is about growing. Conservatism is about staying the same.

This whole argument is about semantics, and how you define "liberal" or "conservative". Does it really matter? It is what it is, regardless of what word you want to use to label it. I'm in favor of change that makes things better and against change that makes things worse. Does that make me liberal or conservative? Who cares?

Last edited:
Why is a pip-squeak newcomer barely 200 years old and change the sole super-power in the world while thousand year old civilizations are still living in dirt and abject poverty? The Constitution. Too bad today's liberals still don't understand the concept of freedom.

:clap2:

The Constitution was written by Liberals

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HAHAHahahahahaha... Prove it? Then prove they were liberals in terms of liberals today.

Waiting for your fail.

The FF were none of what we see today if anything.

One man....one vote
All men are created equal

Ultimate liberal causes of the day. Too bad the conservatives of the day insisted on Slavery

Only because you implied the FF were libs

The Founding Fathers were liberals, for their time period, which is what I said the first time.

They were.... until progressives decided that the word 'liberal' was more socially acceptable than 'progressive'.... so they stole it. The Founders were Classical Liberals. Fine bunch.

Taz: The conservative position in those days was to the stay under the rule of Britain

J: too stupid!! Conservatism today means small government, not staying under British rule! The Founders then were called "classical liberals" but by todays definition they are considered ultra conservative.

No military? You've got to be kidding

1770 - The population of the American colonies reaches 2,210,000 persons.

The Sugar Act Titled The American Revenue Act of 1764

There were no planes and automobiles though, not much get past you ;)

No military? You've got to be kidding

1770 - The population of the American colonies reaches 2,210,000 persons.

The Sugar Act Titled The American Revenue Act of 1764

There were no planes and automobiles though, not much get past you ;)

The Continental army was disbanded shortly after the Revolution. The original intent of the Constitution was for citizen soldiers or militia to defend the homeland..and a permanent navy to defend from invasion by sea.

Forum List

Back