Was Obama's pick a political move to have Latinos vote like Blacks and Jews?

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I personally believe Obama picked Sotomayor fully aware of her controversial past in order to have the Republicans come out in force against her, in order to turn the already Democratic Latinos further left! Look GWB won 41% of the Latino vote as a unpopular President. McCain won 32-36% for a very very unpopular party. Blacks and Jews tend to vote 90% plus for the Democrats! If Obama can get the Latinos to fall in line with Blacks and Jewish (Jewish Voters are key in NY, NJ and FL) voters then the Presidency will be a Reagan type landslide and in 2010 and 2012 the Democrats will have no problem picking up the supermajority in Congress or in the States in order to have the second constitutional convention!

Smart political move for his party, horrible move for the country and for his patriotism!

I personally believe Obama picked Sotomayor fully aware of her controversial past in order to have the Republicans come out in force against her, in order to turn the already Democratic Latinos further left! Look GWB won 41% of the Latino vote as a unpopular President. McCain won 32-36% for a very very unpopular party. Blacks and Jews tend to vote 90% plus for the Democrats! If Obama can get the Latinos to fall in line with Blacks and Jewish (Jewish Voters are key in NY, NJ and FL) voters then the Presidency will be a Reagan type landslide and in 2010 and 2012 the Democrats will have no problem picking up the supermajority in Congress or in the States in order to have the second constitutional convention!

Smart political move for his party, horrible move for the country and for his patriotism!

Obama doesn't have to do anything.

The republican party is imploding, and has charted their own course to alienate every group in america, except for white evangelical southerners.

Visited the immigration thread lately? Hear Rush and Sean talk about invasions of brown people lately?

I personally believe Obama picked Sotomayor fully aware of her controversial past in order to have the Republicans come out in force against her, in order to turn the already Democratic Latinos further left!

Perceptive observation.

Look GWB won 41% of the Latino vote as a unpopular President. McCain won 32-36% for a very very unpopular party. Blacks and Jews tend to vote 90% plus for the Democrats! If Obama can get the Latinos to fall in line with Blacks and Jewish (Jewish Voters are key in NY, NJ and FL) voters then the Presidency will be a Reagan type landslide and in 2010 and 2012 the Democrats will have no problem picking up the supermajority in Congress or in the States in order to have the second constitutional convention!

Interesting theory.

Maybe his country and yours aren't exactly the same thing?

Last edited:
every move has political iomplications
but you seem to think that just appointing someone of the same race would get others of that race to vote for you

if thats the case, why dont more blacks vote for republicans since Clarence Thomas was appointed by a republican

faulty premise

Obama doesn't have to do anything.

The republican party is imploding, and has charted their own course to alienate every group in america, except for white evangelical southerners.

Visited the immigration thread lately? Hear Rush and Sean talk about invasions of brown people lately?

And the Democrat party has done a masterful job in dividing this nation into little groups. It won't take Obama long to destroy the very fabric of the nation at this rate. Anybody up for tossed salad? I think I'll pass.

Does it even begin to occur to you that he might have picked her for her experience, her education, and her intellect? in short, because she was the most qualified candidate? 2nd in your class in Princeton is not easy.

Does it even begin to occur to you that he might have picked her for her experience, her education, and her intellect? in short, because she was the most qualified candidate? 2nd in your class in Princeton is not easy.
no, she was picked because she is in agreement on a number of ideological issues, her being female and a Latino is just extra icing on the cake

True, I looked at that. And if that was the only case I would be more than satisfied with her, but the judicial activism and the La Raza membership is way to much for me to stomach

but you seem to think that just appointing someone of the same race would get others of that race to vote for you

if thats the case, why dont more blacks vote for republicans since Clarence Thomas was appointed by a republican

Maybe because Sotomayor is embracing her Latino-ness and telling people that it is a good thing, while Thomas seemed to be pretending that his race was entirely irrelevant?

Blacks understand the difference between house slaves and field slaves, know what I mean?

faulty premise

Because Thomas does not represent a view shared by his community. Exactly the same reason that David Duke cannot achieve major office today.

no, she was picked because she is in agreement on a number of ideological issues, her being female and a Latino is just extra icing on the cake

Hmmm......... A sitting President pick a Supreme Court nominee on the basis of judicial experiance and ideological agreement with his policies. Amazing!

True, I looked at that. And if that was the only case I would be more than satisfied with her, but the judicial activism and the La Raza membership is way to much for me to stomach

Get used to Sotomeyer, then. She will be confirmed.

Hmmm......... A sitting President pick a Supreme Court nominee on the basis of judicial experiance and ideological agreement with his policies. Amazing!
no shit, rockhead

as far as shouldshe be confirmed or not, there is no conastitutional grounds(shown so far) that she shouldnt be
hell, there isnt even a requirement that a nominee be a lawyer
and several justices werent
so most of the arguements against her are fallacies

Because Thomas does not represent a view shared by his community. Exactly the same reason that David Duke cannot achieve major office today.

But he was elected to public office, as so many seem to forget!

I think difference is that almost no black person genuinely agrees with Clarence Thomas. Very few whites will admit to agreeing with David Duke, on the other hand, but many more secretly do.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back