Was Obama naive,stupid or what when he pledged

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
"Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited [deficit 2008 $ 459 billion] in half by the end of my first term in office." [That would be $230 billion]

But the Reality is Obama's deficits have been:
Recent US Federal Deficit Numbers
  • FY 2012: $1,089 billion
  • FY 2011: $1,300 billion
  • FY 2010: $1,293 billion
  • FY 2009: $1,413 billion
Total of $5 trillion in deficits since Obama made that promise to cut in half the $459 billion deficit...

Again.. YOU undecideds... HOW could someone be YOUR president for 4 more years if he WAS so WRONG in his pledge to cut the deficit in HALF!!!!
Think about it if you had an employee.. (Remember Obama works for you!!!)
A) Made an outrageously obviously uninformed PLEDGE and you foolishly accepted that pledge and
B) 4 years later NOT only DIDN"T KEEP the pledge but GROSSLY hugely MISSED by over 1,100% !

"Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited [deficit 2008 $ 459 billion] in half by the end of my first term in office." [That would be $230 billion]

Total of $5 trillion in deficits since Obama made that promise to cut in half the $459 billion deficit...

Again.. YOU undecideds... HOW could someone be YOUR president for 4 more years if he WAS so WRONG in his pledge to cut the deficit in HALF!!!!
A) Made an outrageously obviously uninformed PLEDGE and you foolishly accepted that pledge and
B) 4 years later NOT only DIDN"T KEEP the pledge but GROSSLY hugely MISSED by over 1,100% !

I guess he was counting on a Congress that had the sense to listen to the overwhelming number of economists that say we can't control the deficit by cuts alone. That doesn't make him naive about the deficit, just about how ultra-partisan and obstructionist the Republicans could be.

I guess he was counting on a Congress that had the sense to listen to the overwhelming number of economists that say we can't control the deficit by cuts alone. That doesn't make him naive about the deficit, just about how ultra-partisan and obstructionist the Republicans could be.

OH come on! YOU are naive! HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED at the actual tax revenues from the IRS i.e. how much tax payments made by various income levels?
HERE take some time and do a little intellectual effort:
Go to this site and download this file: SOI Tax Stats - Individual Statistical Tables by Size of Adjusted Gross Income
You will see the FACTS:
YOU want to TAX the wealthy like Obama wants: OK
227,202 returns were filed in 2009 by people that had over $1 million in taxable adjusted income
These people paid at 25% of the adjusted income $123 billion.
SO LET's tax them at 75% of their adjusted or another $250 billion! THAT's IT!
Could that have affected the 2009 deficit of $1.4 trillion YEA less then 15% of the deficit! $1.4 trillion less another $250 billion from these "wealthy" STILL deficit of $1 Trillion!

AND tell me what those people that NOW would pay 75% be planning to do?? LEAVE THE COUNTRY!!!

while he enjoyed two years of a very significant majority in congress. which is exactly why he lost that comfortable majority after two years

When did FY 2009 begin?

while he enjoyed two years of a very significant majority in congress. which is exactly why he lost that comfortable majority after two years

He promised the voters he would cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. However, the voters took away his Democratic majority in the legislature halfway through his first term.

Therefore the voters chose to relieve him of his obligation to his promise by taking from him the means to fulfill that promise.

While he was trying to blow that smoke up my ass I was exhaling some better chronic.

He didn't cut the deficit in half, he only cut it by 23%. He would have reached a 50% deficit reductions if he had been allowed to raise taxes on those making over $250K like in his deficit reduction plan

obama knew at all times that he was going to skyrocket the deficit. He's following Cloward Piven to the letter and it's right in that plan.

It is important to note that Obama made that pledge AFTER he had been sworn in. No one can claim he did not know we were in the middle of the worst economic crisis since the Depression.

So to make that claim with that knowledge demonstrates the profound ignorance of the man.

Notice the trend? The yearly deficit cut by nearly a third. At this rate, in four more years, we will have a surplus like Bill Clinton. Remember, 12 years of Republican economics left Clinton with the same mess Bush left Obama. Carter was about even. Only what Obama was given was worse because Republicans also controlled both houses for so many years.

Democratic economics is based on study, data, Universities. Republican economics comes from the Heritage Foundation and they give their policies silly names like "trickle down". Republicans love to say if you took all the money from the wealthiest and put it towards the debt, it wouldn't be enough. Exactly the argument "trickle down" doesn't work. Too bad they too indoctrinated to "get it".

OH come on! YOU are naive! HAVE YOU EVER LOOKED at the actual tax revenues from the IRS i.e. how much tax payments made by various income levels?
HERE take some time and do a little intellectual effort:
Go to this site and download this file: SOI Tax Stats - Individual Statistical Tables by Size of Adjusted Gross Income
You will see the FACTS:
YOU want to TAX the wealthy like Obama wants: OK
227,202 returns were filed in 2009 by people that had over $1 million in taxable adjusted income
These people paid at 25% of the adjusted income $123 billion.
SO LET's tax them at 75% of their adjusted or another $250 billion! THAT's IT!
Could that have affected the 2009 deficit of $1.4 trillion YEA less then 15% of the deficit! $1.4 trillion less another $250 billion from these "wealthy" STILL deficit of $1 Trillion!

AND tell me what those people that NOW would pay 75% be planning to do?? LEAVE THE COUNTRY!!!

75%?!?! Where'd you get that number? Obama was just looking to go back to the 39% from the 35% of the Bush tax cuts.

Obama is a goddamned lying Marxist asshole. His plan is to spend the USA into bankruptcy...and it appears to be working!

If we don't repeal that ObamaCare bullshit, we will be deeply in debt for the rest of our lives. Our great grandchildren will be in debt for the rest of their lives.

Obama is a goddamned Marxist asshole. Just remember that!!

According to your own post. Obama promised to cut the deficit by $230 billion in four years and he ended up cutting the deficit by $324 billion in four years

Looks like he kept his promise

FY 2009 was the last year of the Bush administration.

When did FY 2009 begin?

They're trying to pull the same kind of stunt they do with the jobs numbers, when they create the December 2008 jobs report to Obama to claim the unemployment rate hasn't fallen over the course of his term.

Romney's promising to balance the budget with a plan that simple mathematices proves cannot possibly work.

So...

...given that he has already broken that promise before he's even elected, that more than cancels any promise shortfall the President may be guilty of.

Forum List

Back