was Obama being elected merely a fluke?

A fluke? In 2008 Obama got the same share of the vote the GOP got this year in a much higher-turnout election. If 2008 was a fluke, than 2010 has to be one, too. I don't think 2010 was, and I definitely don't think 2008 was.

if people knew president obama as well as they have gotten to know him by now, would he defeat a relatively poor mccain campaign peddling an unknown female as vice? what about the race element?

No it was not a Fluke, He ran a great Campaign, and sold himself as a Moderate and a Fiscal Conservative.

Which Americans like.

To Answer your second question. Clearly if people had known the truth about how he would govern. It would have been a much closer race, and we might have a Female VP right now.

I liked many of the things Obama the Candidate said, I have not liked much at all that Obama the President has done.

he did run a great campaign, and for the time in history. he knew what to do, he used hollywood to the fullest, he was in the right place at the right time, no one can argue that. if people would have known how he would govern, we might have a female president now!

Last edited:
Obama got elected because most of those voting were not educated enough to know who would have been a better candidate. Most of them went off of what the media was feeding them. If every voter did their homework on all the candidates then we most likely would not be in the shape we are in now. In every election we have people voting on what they were told by their family, best friend, or the media rahter than finding out the facts themselves.

If you go to Youtube and look up some of the interviews of voters 'before' the election you will find many saying they were voting for Obama but not know why or their reasons would make no sence. My favorites were 'because he is a 'black' man' and 'because he is leading in the polls'. LOL, no intelligence there!

I didn't want either Obama nor McCain. I wanted Ron Paul as President. He was the only one with a good track record. He voted as he preached so to speak :D. If more people would have done the homework, I believe Ron Paul would have won.

I always liked Ron Paul's honesty. But he just is not an effective communicator, and he still isn't. At the time of the 08 campaign he hammered away on the follies of the federal reserve and I can guarantee only about 10% of the population had a clue what he was talking about. Now, of course, following the meltdown and the financial disaster which includes the fed's attempts to prop up the economy, more people have done their homework and have a better idea of what it's all about. Thus, Ron Paul's (and Rand's) sudden popularity.

Exactly the problem, they should have done their homework to begin with, then maybe we would be in a better shape than we are now. Funny how something bad has to happen before people start to wise up.

And I disagree with Ron Paul's communication. I can fallow him just fine and he don't need a teleprompter ;). He gets passionate about the things he talks about which shows that he is truly speaking of what he will do, not just doing lip service. Not to mention, if only 10% of the people could fallow him then maybe they need to find out what it is he is talking about and read up on it.

Obama got elected because most of those voting were not educated enough to know who would have been a better candidate. Most of them went off of what the media was feeding them. If every voter did their homework on all the candidates then we most likely would not be in the shape we are in now. In every election we have people voting on what they were told by their family, best friend, or the media rahter than finding out the facts themselves.

If you go to Youtube and look up some of the interviews of voters 'before' the election you will find many saying they were voting for Obama but not know why or their reasons would make no sence. My favorites were 'because he is a 'black' man' and 'because he is leading in the polls'. LOL, no intelligence there!

I didn't want either Obama nor McCain. I wanted Ron Paul as President. He was the only one with a good track record. He voted as he preached so to speak :D. If more people would have done the homework, I believe Ron Paul would have won.

I always liked Ron Paul's honesty. But he just is not an effective communicator, and he still isn't. At the time of the 08 campaign he hammered away on the follies of the federal reserve and I can guarantee only about 10% of the population had a clue what he was talking about. Now, of course, following the meltdown and the financial disaster which includes the fed's attempts to prop up the economy, more people have done their homework and have a better idea of what it's all about. Thus, Ron Paul's (and Rand's) sudden popularity.

Exactly the problem, they should have done their homework to begin with, then maybe we would be in a better shape than we are now. Funny how something bad has to happen before people start to wise up.

And I disagree with Ron Paul's communication. I can fallow him just fine and he don't need a teleprompter ;). He gets passionate about the things he talks about which shows that he is truly speaking of what he will do, not just doing lip service. Not to mention, if only 10% of the people could fallow him then maybe they need to find out what it is he is talking about and read up on it.

ron paul has always appealed to me as "the least political" politician. i like that he's a doctor. i'm a libertarian, sort of.... he does have a remarkable ability to whittle complicated issues down to understandable, and clear cut.
i wish he had the pretty package and smooth, (albiet empty) eloquence of obama, so he could get elected. but he'll never have the hollywood image machine behind him...

Forum List

Back