Was Moses the greatest labor organizer of all time?

He would have been crocodile food if it had not been for the fact that the Pharaoh was his adoptive brother.

If he is, then when will the Hebrews stop the strike and come back to work?

Looks like never!

Seem like a strong contender at #1 union organizer to me.

Considering he didn't negotiate with their 'employer' for better work conditions, I would say no.

He demanded complete freedom from the tyrannical government, not to compromise with it.

Considering he didn't negotiate with their 'employer' for better work conditions, I would say no.

He demanded complete freedom from the tyrannical government, not to compromise with it.
A ringing endorsement for collective bargaining rights!

Bargaining with who? Unions bargain with their employers, to get more benefits from them. Not to leave the company and go be on their own. :eusa_whistle:

Employees do not need collective bargaining rights to quit. They can do that on their own. Which is what separates employees from slaves.

In the days of the Pharoah when the slave asked for better working conditions they got a spear in the chest, so much for unionization.

Employees do not need collective bargaining rights to quit. They can do that on their own. Which is what separates employees from slaves.

In the days of the Pharoah when the slave asked for better working conditions they got a spear in the chest, so much for unionization.

Yeah! Who needs good working conditions? Why, that just cuts into the bonuses companies can pay to the executive suite! And those are the people who work hard and are smart! Just ask the guys over at Bear Stearns or Enron or Worldcom!

Employees would be better off with a spear in the chest.

Yeah! Who needs good working conditions? Why, that just cuts into the bonuses companies can pay to the executive suite! And those are the people who work hard and are smart! Just ask the guys over at Bear Stearns or Enron or Worldcom!

Employees would be better off with a spear in the chest.

And this has to do WHAT with Moses? Specifically what does it have to do with Moses being a labor leader? You lost an argument and instead of slinking off back under your rock, decided to deflect the discussion.

The Jews under Pharoah were not employees who got to ask for better wages and working conditions. They were slaves whose lives depended on whim. Moses did not get rights, he got freedom from bondage.

Aside from other arguments raised, there is no historical evidence from the Egyptian records that the Hebrew people were ever slaves there, so I would tend to say no.

395752_10150535188964843_679794842_9069294_1646957946_n.jpg

Aside from other arguments raised, there is no historical evidence from the Egyptian records that the Hebrew people were ever slaves there, so I would tend to say no.

According to the bible they went to Egypt for work since there was a famine in their land.

you got the order wrong. Joseph led his relatives into the Land of Goshen.

Several generations later there arose a pharaoh who din't know Joseph.

If you are going to make silly about the bible, at least read the damned thing so you have a clue about the order of events.

I was not aware he wanted to work, or have his followers work..... seemed like one long break to me... where they sat around being bums letting others feed them.

but then again.... isnt that the unions #1 goal..... the less work possible with the most breaks you can work in?

What do unions fight for? Fair wages and working conditions.

Why did American businesses move into the world? To exploit workers for higher profit.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back