Was Moses just high?

Hey, I posted MY evidence. You know, the first step in reasonably proving a position?

I must've missed that post. Got a number for it?

I DO see where you say Moses was a Christian tho ...:rofl:

Point is, you don't make reasonable arguments about religion and you know it. Why pretend otherwise? All you do is attack. It's long been established that unless any person arguing for religion can produce God as evidence, it ain't good enough for you.

I must've missed that post. Got a number for it?

I DO see where you say Moses was a Christian tho ...:rofl:

Point is, you don't make reasonable arguments about religion and you know it. Why pretend otherwise? All you do is attack. It's long been established that unless any person arguing for religion can produce God as evidence, it ain't good enough for you.

no you dont. reread that. I said that the writer of Revelations was a christian whose religion was a cult branch of the same dogma that moses and his anointed oil were a part of. Which, is a direct link to my original statement that the writer of Revelations was probably zoinked on drugs.

Hey, what can I say, EVIDENCE is pretty much standard operating procedure for those of us who put more stock in science than mythology.

I'll let you scroll up since you seem to have missed what I actually posted.

Not really relevant but funny as hell.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKb3qRljGBc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKb3qRljGBc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

find it laughable the extremes to which people will go to disprove that which is actually much easier to believe because of their hatred of the concept of God.

I find it sad that some confuse their way of seeing the world as the only way. Also that they confuse the concept of having to believe in Jesus as the son of God to believe in God.

But back to Moses. If anyone leading me got lost in the frigging desert for 40 years, I would seriously be looking for another leader.

Study the basic beliefs of most religions there are very many common themes which tends to validate that no one religion is the true religion.

no you dont. reread that. I said that the writer of Revelations was a christian whose religion was a cult branch of the same dogma that moses and his anointed oil were a part of. Which, is a direct link to my original statement that the writer of Revelations was probably zoinked on drugs.

Hey, what can I say, EVIDENCE is pretty much standard operating procedure for those of us who put more stock in science than mythology.

I'll let you scroll up since you seem to have missed what I actually posted.

Hey, you can make excuses to believe what you want. Clearly, if the bible doesn't say that moses was taking bong hits then there must not be any mention of DRUGS being used by christians.. well, except for the psychadelic plant specifically mentioned in the making of anointing oil.... and the ALCOHOL that jebus himself magiked up.

:eusa_whistle:

RE: Evidence ... so you're saying you have once again posted scientific theory/mythology as evidence?:eusa_think: No WONDER I missed it. I thought you said "evidence," as in REAL facts supported by REAL evidence, not some scientists' guesswork.

:eusa_whistle:

RE: Evidence ... so you're saying you have once again posted scientific theory/mythology as evidence?:eusa_think: No WONDER I missed it. I thought you said "evidence," as in REAL facts supported by REAL evidence, not some scientists' guesswork.

uh, is the recipe for anointed oil, as quoted in the bible, some "scientists guesswork"? Is this NOT evidence that a cultish offshoot of Moses's religioin, specifically the author of Revelations, may very well have been taking drugs?

Gosh, I get the feeling that your concept of evidence requires a petrie dish and a bunson burner, dude. Scroll up, I've cited the bible and clarification of a specifically mentioned psychoactive substance. If you'd rather stick with insisting that I called moses a christian be my guest.

Except for the slight problem he had witnesses to the plates and the translations.....

The plates were never found, and the alleged Egyptian Heiroglyphics that J.S. Jr. wrote down, were never identified as any known heiroglyphics by Egyptologists.

J.S. Jr. was a known scam artist, as well as his dad in New York. They both were treasure hunters.......also well documented.

He wasn't martyred in Illinois, but was in jail for damaging a local newpaper's printing press. Why? Because the newspaper published damning articles on the falacy of J.S. Jr. and his followers. They were subsequently run out of Illinois and many other states on their sojourn that ended in the territory of Utah, near the Great Salt Lake.

The Illinois folks came to lynch him, and he fought his way out of jail with a pistol and was subsequently killed. No, he wasn't a martyr, but was actually a felon for breaking in and attempting to destroy a newspaper's press. You won't hear that in Mormon authorized history of this alleged prophet, that had a very high failure rate of prophecies. In the bible, all it takes is one failed prophecy, and a prophet is classified as a false prophet. In fact God had some pretty tough punishments for false prophets.
Just about every ritual of the Mormon Temple rites is taken straight out of Freemasonry rituals. J.S. Jr. was a freemason, and some believe he was or had been a 33 degree freemason.

The secret handshakes used for those "worthy" Mormons and also the ceremonies are straight out of J.S.Jr.s, freemasonry background.

Actually there are lots of Buddhists, Hindus and those of other religions who haven't accepted the holy spirit and do not view faith as foolish.

No, actually. Most people I know who have truly asked never "found" religion.

Oh, well, because something is easier to believe that makes it true. :rolleyes:

And we MIGHT be in the Matrix. Watch out Neo!

Where the Hatred comes from? The Crusades. The Priest sex abuse scandal. Religious whackos who tell gays they are going to hell. Where was god then?

You disagree with me?...then you must be posessed! WhooooOooOOOOOo!!

No, they don't believe faith as foolish. They don't, however, believe in Jesus as God, and can't because they have never asked him into their hearts.

And if a person prays for understanding and enlightenment, it will come. YOu might not agree with it, but it happens. But they have to "ask" the right deity.

I'm not even going to respond to the "easier to believe" comment, because it just proves my point that unless you have the spirit, it's all foolishness. God could be knocking at your door, and because you are against him, you would still not believe.

Whatever you're babbling about the Crusades is vague and inconsequential. There's nobody alive today who knows what happened during the crusades or has a grudge. And if they do, then that grudge is inspired not by God but by the devil. Same with evil priests and the other blather. God doesn't make them evil. They choose to be evil, and that happens the world over, regardless of your religion or ethic.

Forum List

Back