Was Mitt Romney really the GOPs best candidate?

What say you House?

Have you actually endorsed anyone yet or are you just going to wait till Romney loses and throw him under the bus?

Romney is the best choice to remove the mistake that is Barry 0bama...

Was Barry the right choice for the Democratics? It's not looking too good for him right now...

Oh...this is great

I get to label House as a Romney supporter from now on

Romney voter...

Whatever makes your day brighter, sunshine...

I didn't know you cared about me so much... Kinda creepy, though...

Romney is the best choice to remove the mistake that is Barry 0bama...

Was Barry the right choice for the Democratics? It's not looking too good for him right now...

Oh...this is great

Romney voter...

Now...lets see

Once Romney loses.....How will House throw him under the bus?

1. Romney wasn't conservative enough
2. The Democrats cheated
3. It was the MEDIA
4. People voted for Obama because he is black

Oh...this is great

Romney voter...

Now...lets see

2. The Democrats cheated
3. It was the MEDIA

Romney isn't going to lose...

When Barry loses will leftwinger:

1. Claim the republicans cheated
2. Barry wasn't liberal enough
3. Romney's lies caused the public to sway from the empty chair
4. America is racist
5. Biden brought the ticket down
6. Hillary should have stepped in
7. The media didn't do enough

Romney voter...

Now...lets see

2. The Democrats cheated
3. It was the MEDIA

4. America is racist

I guess originality is not your forte

But thanks for contributing anyway. I know you try so hard

Was Mitt Romney really the GOP's best candidate? - The Week

Republicans had better options — but those people didn't run: Romney was "head and shoulders above candidates like Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain," says Doug Mataconis at Outside the Beltway. Former Utah governor Jon Huntsman, might have been more electable, but primary voters weren't interested. If Romney was the best the GOP had, though, it was because the rivals who "might have posed a challenge" to him — "Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Mitch Daniels, and Marco Rubio come to mind" — didn't run

The GOP primaries damage even strong candidates: Romney is "robotic" and "severely out of touch," says Richard Cohen at The Washington Post, but the GOP's "real problem" is its "incredibly damaging" primary system. It forces everyone to pander to the right so much "that it all but dooms the winner." The resultant "brain drain" is why, in 1980, Ronald Reagan had to beat a future president and two future Senate leaders, but Romney just had to outshine "a bunch of nobodies" who weren't "remotely qualified."

Quit being so fucking stupid and dishonest. There's not a Republican on earth you would approve of and we all know it.

You're actually ad-hominen attacking a quote, you simpleton.

He is the one they chose.

crusade3.jpg

They chose...poorly.

Last edited:
Now...lets see

2. The Democrats cheated
3. It was the MEDIA

4. America is racist

I guess originality is not your forte

But thanks for contributing anyway. I know you try so hard

I enjoyed mocking you, thanks...:thup:

Thankfully, Republicans picked our own candidate this time, Dems picked Juan McCain last time

We did? Are you really this fucking dense? We had our own major primary last time. Nope, it was Republicans, who went blindly along with their establishment leadership, that nominated Juan[sic] McCain. If there were ever an opportunity to head fuck the right, it would have been this cycle, since Obama was essentially unchallenged.

Thankfully, Republicans picked our own candidate this time, Dems picked Juan McCain last time

We did? Are you really this fucking dense? We had our own major primary last time. Nope, it was Republicans, who went blindly along with their establishment leadership, that nominated Juan[sic] McCain. If there were ever an opportunity to head fuck the right, it would have been this cycle, since Obama was essentially unchallenged.

Even worse is that Dems picked Obama and then so did America.

Even worse is that Dems picked Obama and then so did America.

528653_529050203788298_661645320_n.jpg

Was Mitt Romney really the GOP's best candidate? - The Week

Republicans had better options — but those people didn't run: Romney was "head and shoulders above candidates like Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain," says Doug Mataconis at Outside the Beltway. Former Utah governor Jon Huntsman, might have been more electable, but primary voters weren't interested. If Romney was the best the GOP had, though, it was because the rivals who "might have posed a challenge" to him — "Jeb Bush, Chris Christie, Mitch Daniels, and Marco Rubio come to mind" — didn't run

The GOP primaries damage even strong candidates: Romney is "robotic" and "severely out of touch," says Richard Cohen at The Washington Post, but the GOP's "real problem" is its "incredibly damaging" primary system. It forces everyone to pander to the right so much "that it all but dooms the winner." The resultant "brain drain" is why, in 1980, Ronald Reagan had to beat a future president and two future Senate leaders, but Romney just had to outshine "a bunch of nobodies" who weren't "remotely qualified."

The GOP is going to have trouble winning any presidential election that doesn't feature an abundance of incumbent fatigue. Their process is such that you end up with someone like Romney who has to run to the right in the primaries then pivot back to the center in the general. So the "Etch-a-Sketch" comment applies and becomes the ironic symbol of his campaign.

So the natural inclination becomes a paradox that is to run a guy who starts on the right then works his way to the middle. The problem with that is she or he has to be so far right; getting back to the middle is difficult. Or you run a guy/gal that doesn't steer to the right at all (Huntsman) and is perfectly positioned to fight for the independents and moderate democrats--the Reagan Democrats.

This is the wrecked GOP Party body that the cancer of the TEA party is leaving. States in the middle get absorbed by the Democrats which is why you see Romney having such trouble in WI, MI, PA, OH, NH, CO, NM, VA, and FL. If Obama were stronger, IN, MO, NC, and AZ would likely be up for grabs too. I'm still not convinced that the Dems should give up on MO. Akin has wounded the GOP there very badly and Claire McCaskill is well positioned for another 6 year term. Obama could possibly win the State but they have their strategy and it's working very well.

Forum List

Back