Was Major Hasan an Islamic Terrorist?

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
or merely a "lonely, socially maladjusted outcast" as described in Esquire Magazine?

"It was a year ago today that 12 soldiers and one civilian died in a shooting rampage [allegedly] carried out by U.S. Army psychiatrist Major Nidal Malik Hasan on the Ft Hood military base in Texas."

I was reading through media coverage over the past couple days on the anniversary plans and all the various recaps of that sad and violent day when it occurred to me that the unifying thread among all the various stories was the apparent inability to directly address the Muslim angle.

While not a scientific survey, I must've gone through 8 newspaper articles and half a dozen write-ups from television online websites and none could bring themselves to refer to Hasan as an American-born Muslim, nor could they mention his contact with Yemeni radical cleric and Al Qaeda synchophant/recruiter Anwar Al-Awlaki.

There were no references to Hasan's increasing disaffection with America and certainly nothing noting he kicked off his shooting rampage by shouting "Allah Akbar."

FoxNews.com - Why Is Everyone Still Missing the Real Story of the Fort Hood Massacre?

These types of incidents tend to fall under one of four huge, major categories (broad brush stroke here...so don't get picky with all the sub-categories!):

1. Act is committed, and some yahoo claims credit. ("Traditional terrorist act.")
2. Act is committed, no one claims credit, but it's understood that this was done on behalf of some cause. (9/11-type attack.)
3. Act is committed, individual may have sympathy towards some cause but the organizers of this cause didn't specifically instruct this individual to commit the act. ("We didn't know about it, but we'll go ahead and take credit since it happens to help our cause.")
4. Act is committed by some wacko who happens to fit the profile of one of the above but truly acted alone.

I'd say Hasan falls somewhere between 3 and 4. I don't think he was specifically instructed to carry out this act. I think it is an act of terrorism because of the magnitude of the act, but I don't think it is the same type of terrorist act like the USS Cole bombing, 9/11 attacks or any of the other "traditional" terrorist attacks. In other words, there's no "mastermind" for us to hunt down. Hasan pretty much did this on his own, he did it in the name of his religion, he did it with the intent of drawing attention to his cause, but I don't think someone instructed him, equipped him or otherwise helped him do it.

Still, he's a terrorist and ought to be treated as one.

How long did it take the prez and Napolitano to acknowledge this? That ticked me off then, but here we are one year later and the MSM STILL can't bring themselves the mention it. The self censoring and apologist nature of something so important should be condemned.

Of course he wasnt , if he were than politicians could claim that there had be no terrorist attacks on there watch facts be damned.
There were dozens on Bush's watch ,all morphed into acts by psychotics with looooong newly discovered mental problems .

well. the world is full of " lonely, socially maladjusted outcast".....facebookism? hello? :lol:j/k...

anyway....how many decide to make methodical conscience decisions to affect a massacre based on a specific religious belief? Clearly delineating an enemy, detailing why they are an enemy and taking action all based on this religious dogma?

He isn't insane, far from it. He isn't a beat down minority who was pushed into a corner due to mistreatment and concomitant desperation. He is a man who massacred 13 people, who was driven by a pernicious form of religiosity.

That several of these attacks all bear the very same common denominator and not discuss this, is to me deep denial and a virulent form of PC that frankly beggars the mind. So the answer is yes. Period.

Last edited:
Good analysis Toome. I agree.
I don't want our intelligence in the matter leaked by press conferences by the President.
Are you other folks crazy?

mainstream_media.png

what worse is the military bitten by the PC bug is guilty of a grave malpractice and was more than happy to allow itself to sign off on this report absolving themselves of blame, throwing the heads of clinical officers at our feet......what they came back with? this is all I could find and dated Feb. 2010....have these actions been carried out yet? Whats more, is this it?

Six Faulted Over Fort Hood

Military to Discipline Officers for Failing to Report Views of Suspect in Texas Shootings

The military will formally discipline at least six officers, mostly from Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, for failing to take action against the officer accused of carrying out last year's deadly shooting rampage at Fort Hood, according to people familiar with the matter.

Senior Army officials said the decision to punish so many officers reflects the military's belief that the November assault, which killed 13 people at the Army base in central Texas, could have been prevented if Maj. Nidal Hasan's superiors had alerted authorities to his increasing Islamist radicalization.

The officials said that as many as eight officers could ultimately be censured over Maj. Hasan, mostly with letters of reprimand that effectively end their military careers. The punishments will be detailed in an "accountability review" that Army Gen. Carter Ham, who has been investigating the shootings for several months, will deliver to top Army officials as early as Friday.

Fort Hood Inquiry to Punish Hasan Supervisors - WSJ.com

And nothing will change.:eusa_wall:

When you live in a world where the worse charge is racist or bigot , you are going to trend very lightly .
If all you know about Islam are the facts that come from CAIR or Fox news ,you will go to your grave defending multi cukulture and drag the world into darkness.

Forum List

Back