Was Jonah in the belly of a whale or a UFO?

Anybody really believe there's enough air to breathe in the belly of a whale for three days? With 70% of the world covered by oceans, it's a perfect place for UFO's to hide. Columbus saw a UFO rise out of the ocean and fly off. So has many navy personnel recently. There's more known about outer space than what's under the oceans. For all we know, there could be a vast alien civilization down there. We've spent six months and a billion dollars trying to find flight 370. Did the aliens get them?

Having been in the Navy, I can tell you with 100% absolute certainty that's there's no alien civilization residing in a base in the Challenger Deep. That's just silly. ;)

Anybody really believe there's enough air to breathe in the belly of a whale for three days? With 70% of the world covered by oceans, it's a perfect place for UFO's to hide. Columbus saw a UFO rise out of the ocean and fly off. So has many navy personnel recently. There's more known about outer space than what's under the oceans. For all we know, there could be a vast alien civilization down there. We've spent six months and a billion dollars trying to find flight 370. Did the aliens get them?

Having been in the Navy, I can tell you with 100% absolute certainty that's there's no alien civilization residing in a base in the Challenger Deep. That's just silly. ;)
Wow, that's amazing! Every sailor in the navy is an authority on what's under the all the oceans! You must know where flight 370 is then. Pft!

Wow, that's amazing! Every sailor in the navy is an authority on what's under the all the oceans! You must know where flight 370 is then. Pft!

Are if you were a quartermaster (in the Navy it's about maps and navigation.) I know who's down there. I mean what, what's down there. Laughs. There's no one down there of course. ;)

"Was Jonah in the belly of a whale or a UFO?"

Neither.

The Jonah myth is just that: a myth.

not a myth-----a very artistic cautionary tale. Your evaluation of fine literature leaves much to be desired. -----even robin hood rises about mere "myth"

fine literature for children. I take that back, it should not be read by or told to children.

you have no idea. no doubt when assigned to read THE ODYSSEY
in junior high school----you opted for the classic comic version. An interesting
anecdote----my baby attended a yeshiva type school for grammar school years----
then transferred to a well known "magnet" school from the ninth grade thru 12th.
He was fascinated-----one day told me-----"Ma... Christians I meet seem
to have a comic book understanding of "tanach"----for them the book of
Jonah is about a man who gets swallowed by a whale"-------well---nothing new
Penelope----you are not alone----Lots of people like you see the Odyssey as a
story about a BIG WOODEN HORSE. Not your fault---it's that legacy of unwashed illiteracy with which you are burdened

Are you trying to imply Christians are stupid? Because some think Jonah is a stupid story. Atlas, the Hebrews can't take credit for it, as it was already a myth before you changed it a bit and made it your own.

absolutely not----I am correctly stating that YOU are stupid. Intelligent
Christians---when they GROW UP----realize that sunday school presentations
were silly. I did attend Christian sunday school several time----I did color
cartoons of jesus hold a lamb----the wise men and the star and---
JONAH about to be swallowed by a whale-----thus I am familiar with
some of the early recreations offered Christian children. Since most
americans never read the bible (like you) most persist in imagining
that the book of Jonah is a about a man and a whale. It isn't. In fact
the WHALE is not even mentioned in scholarly discussions of that book---
it is a non issue-----just as the big wooden horse is not really the THEME
of THE ODYSSEY. It is the superficial stuff that impress six year old kids and
really stupid adults-----like you. My kid was talking to adolescent
school mates who, like you----never actually read the book
Puke :puke3:

Are if you were a quartermaster (in the Navy it's about maps and navigation.) I know who's down there. I mean what, what's down there. Laughs. There's no one down there of course. ;)

Forum List

Back