Was Jesus Gay?

The commandment is "Thou Shalt Not Committ Adultery". It is NOT:

"Thou shalt not fornicate".

He was washing other guys feet at the last supper.

That's pretty gay.

You have to consider cultural practices in those times. We also have Mary Magdalene washing Jesus feet with oil and her hair. That's not gay.

Is fornication a sin or not?

I don't know. Fornication refers to voluntary sexual intercourse between unmarried people.

It's not mentioned in the Ten Commandments.

Gluttony and drunkenness are also not mentioned in the 10 commandments, yet they are considered sins. Have you ever considered studying the bible so you can maintain credibility in a biblical discussion?

Is fornication a sin or not?

I don't know. Fornication refers to voluntary sexual intercourse between unmarried people.

Gluttony and drunkenness are also not mentioned in the 10 commandments, yet they are considered sins. Have you ever considered studying the bible so you can maintain credibility in a biblical discussion?

I'm asking you, the so-called biblical scholar, how you know which sins are graver than others?

We have the Pope saying that it is a more serious moral crime to ordain women as priests than for priests to molest children.

Pardon me, if I question Christian condemnation priorities. You all act as though being gay is worse than killing someone.

Last edited:

I'm asking you, the so-called biblical scholar, how you know which sins are graver than others?

We have the Pope saying that it is a more serious moral crime to ordain women as priests than for priests to molest children.

Pardon me, if I question Christian condemnation priorities. You all act as though being gay is worse than killing someone.
To the bolded, do you have a link?

Otherwise, well............. :lol:

Murder is a sin and homosexuality is a sin. God doesn't grade on a curve. Deal with it.

He was washing other guys feet at the last supper.

That's pretty gay.

You have to consider cultural practices in those times. We also have Mary Magdalene washing Jesus feet with oil and her hair. That's not gay.

Cultural practices notwithstanding, touching another man's feet in a familiar manner, though not an outright homosexual activity (not that there's anything wrong with that), is certainly a step in that direction.

On the other hand, a woman washing a guys feet with oil and her hair is pretty hot.

"When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, 'Woman behold your son!' Then he said to the disciple. 'Behold your mother!' And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home."

That disciple was John whom Jesus, the gospels affirm, loved in a special way.
All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus.

John 19: 17-30

Is this proof that Jesus approved gay marriage? These are his last words and he sends his mother to live with John. Heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual: Jesus could have been any of these. There can be no certainty which. The homosexual option simply seems the most likely. The intimate relationship with the beloved disciple points in that direction. Whether Jesus was gay or straight in no way affects who he was and what he means for the world today. Spiritually it is immaterial.
Daily Reading and Meditation

Oh dear God....

Sins are sins, the bible offers some insight into it but it's technical and you need to delve into the language and the fine print to discuss it intelligently.

I do know that there are a couple that are particularly bad..one is to take the name of the Holy Spirit in vain (which I think is to mock the Holy Spirit)...and the other is to kill innocents.

Which is why you'll find Christians particularly grim when you choose to titter at the bible....the Bible is the Word, and contains the Holy Spirit in the very words.

It's not a good idea to make fun of it, and Christians won't.

"When Jesus saw his mother and the disciple whom he loved standing near, he said to his mother, 'Woman behold your son!' Then he said to the disciple. 'Behold your mother!' And from that hour the disciple took her to his own home."

All the other disciples had fled in fear. Three women but only one man had the courage to go with Jesus to his execution. That man clearly had a unique place in the affection of Jesus.

Is this proof that Jesus approved gay marriage? These are his last words and he sends his mother to live with John. Heterosexual, bisexual, homosexual: Jesus could have been any of these. There can be no certainty which. The homosexual option simply seems the most likely. The intimate relationship with the beloved disciple points in that direction. Whether Jesus was gay or straight in no way affects who he was and what he means for the world today. Spiritually it is immaterial.

The strongest evidence is that He was married to Mary. There were once hundreds of Gospels but a bunch of guys got together, picked the ones they like and made owning copies of any of the others, punishable by death. But there are strong clues in the Gospels were are left with and even stronger evidence in the additional Gospels we found in the library of nag hammadi.
The ancient Jews would have been VERY suspicious of a single man who was over 25. They certainly would never had refeered to Him as Teacher. Philip referred to Mary as his "companion" and in the Gospel of Mary Magdeline, Jesus kisses her on the mouth.

Of course the Catholic and most Evangelical churches would consider this heresy because it elevates Mary above the disciples but there IS that old saying: Screw 'em.

However, it is interesting that although both were common in His day, Jesus never commented on homosexuality or abortion. Not a word.
What is also interesting, is that the same Christians who say "Oh I can eat pork, lobster and such, and I don't have to worry about violating Levitical Law ("sinning") because Jesus said He came to fulfill and thus, do away with that Old testament stuff!"
Also say "But I get to choose the stuff from the Old Testament that I DO want say hasn't been done away with! That way i can be a self-righteous PO and judge others! Woohoo!"

That kind of ignorance is saddening.

You asked about sin, not commandments.

There are sins other than those listed in the commandments. Fornication is one of them.

The strongest evidence is that He was married to Mary. There were once hundreds of Gospels but a bunch of guys got together, picked the ones they like and made owning copies of any of the others, punishable by death. But there are strong clues in the Gospels were are left with and even stronger evidence in the additional Gospels we found in the library of nag hammadi.
The ancient Jews would have been VERY suspicious of a single man who was over 25. They certainly would never had refeered to Him as Teacher. Philip referred to Mary as his "companion" and in the Gospel of Mary Magdeline, Jesus kisses her on the mouth.

Of course the Catholic and most Evangelical churches would consider this heresy because it elevates Mary above the disciples but there IS that old saying: Screw 'em.

However, it is interesting that although both were common in His day, Jesus never commented on homosexuality or abortion. Not a word.
What is also interesting, is that the same Christians who say "Oh I can eat pork, lobster and such, and I don't have to worry about violating Levitical Law ("sinning") because Jesus said He came to fulfill and thus, do away with that Old testament stuff!"
Also say "But I get to choose the stuff from the Old Testament that I DO want say hasn't been done away with! That way i can be a self-righteous PO and judge others! Woohoo!"

That kind of ignorance is saddening.

Because Tom Hanks said so.

tom_hanks_as_jim_lovell.jpg

Why would an astronaut lie to us about the origins of Christ???

images

The strongest evidence is that He was married to Mary.

Jesus was married to Mary?

Dear God - that was his mother, you ignorant fuck

LOL

Wow - stupidity supreme!!

Do you have a TV show on Comedy Central assbrain??

LOL

No, silly, they're talking about Magdalene, I think.

This is all "Da Vinci Code" scholarship.

LOL! Yes I would think even Warrior102 might have figured that out - especially with the later reference to Mary Magdalene. But I frequently over-estimate his intellect and he's obviously suffering from feelings of impotency which have displayed themselves in his constant need to scream and yell at strangers who he feels are superior to him. Sad little guy. I feel sorry for him.

This is not just Dan Brown mythos. Are you not familiar with the Biblical writings from the Library at Nag Hammadi? The Gospel of Mary Magdelene?
There are literally hundreds of Gospels, Histories, Epistles and Apocrypha that most people have never seen. What you have seen, was passed down ORALLY for hundreds of years before the first book (Job) was ever written. Then it was translated again and again. Then a bunch of guys who wanted to make sure they had power (and women didn't!), picked the books they liked best. And so on.

After all that, there are people who think their belief is better than that of another.
Hell, most Christians believe that jesus came with the intent of starting a new religion.
Interesting, eh?

Forum List

Back