Was Jesus Gay pt 2

Correction to the above, the Catholic Church's celibacy policy isn't due to an unmarried Jesus as evidenced by the first thousand years of the Church that didn't have the policy.

In Judaism in fact it's the exact opposite and rabbis are required to be married. Premise being if not, you're spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about sex.

You really need to get laid.

be careful what you tell him. His views on getting laid are different than most

True. I believe in masturbation instead. If you're in love with someone, and they love you equally sex is great. Unfortunately most relationships are lop-sided in the love area. People tend to give in to sex out of a sense of obligation moreso than the reasons they should as with being in reciprocal love.

Not so much me, as those who are Christian authorities.

"The first openly gay Episcopal bishop, Gene Robinson, made controversial remarks on ABC Australia's popular "Q&A" show on Monday, noting that Jesus lived an "alternative lifestyle" while highlighting how Jesus spent time with male disciples and that he loved them.

"Jesus had a very kind of alternative lifestyle," Robinson said, hinting at a possible sexual orientation for the Savior of the world.

When asked "What did Jesus say about homosexuality?" the Episcopal bishop responded "Jesus said nothing about homosexuality."

"This is a man who remained single for virtually all his lifetime in a culture that demanded marriage. He spent most of his time with twelve men, he singled three of them out for special leadership, and one of them is known as the beloved disciple, the one whom Jesus loved," Robinson said.

But quickly he added,"I'm not saying he was gay. I'm not saying he ever had sex with anyone. I'm"
First Gay Episcopal Bishop Gene Robinson Talks About Jesus Alternative Lifestyle

rest at link

Christian authorities should also be quick to point out that while there were Twelve Apostles who traveled with him, we also find that in the different regions he traveled through he was followed and ministered to by (gasp) a group of women. There were more women followers than male apostles who were present at the crucifixion.

This is the problem with cherry-picking scriptures. People can look at twelve male apostles and leap to the conclusion that Jesus must have had homosexual tendencies. Or people can take a look at all the women following after Jesus and conclude he must have been a pimp with a traveling brothel.

Or...just maybe...he saw a culture where it was normal for people to travel to their Rabbi or High Priest and Jesus cared about the people who could not travel, so he went to them. Jesus may have been the first itinerant preacher. He cared about people, he loved the Jewish culture that was being slowly crushed by Roman occupation and Jewish High Priests. He went from person to person reminding them of their true heritage. Men and women who agreed with him, followed along and assisted him with this ministry.

Twelve Sons of Jacob. Twelve Tribes of Israel. Twelve Apostles. This is Jewish heritage. Leave it to us of the twenty-first century to take this to Thirteen Males also equates to American Homosexual Heritage.

The women were their hags and 'beards.' If you're a bunch of gay guys in a time when people got stoned for such things you're well advised to have women around with ya too. :)

Correction to the above, the Catholic Church's celibacy policy isn't due to an unmarried Jesus as evidenced by the first thousand years of the Church that didn't have the policy.

In Judaism in fact it's the exact opposite and rabbis are required to be married. Premise being if not, you're spending an inordinate amount of time thinking about sex.

Happy to see your correction. In fact, the reason the Catholic Church decided upon an unmarried priesthood was primarily for economic reasons. When a married priest died...what belonged to the Church? What belonged to the family? There were issues.

Also was the issue of which had priority? Parish or family?

Happy to see your correction. In fact, the reason the Catholic Church decided upon an unmarried priesthood was primarily for economic reasons. When a married priest died...what belonged to the Church? What belonged to the family? There were issues.

Also was the issue of which had priority? Parish or family?

Not a correction of anything I said, was just aprt of a quote. I know more than whoever wrote that piece. :)

Forum List

Back