Was Jesus a deadbeat?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
I do not recall anything in the bible talking of Jesus actually doing any work.
heck he was sleeping while his friends fished when the storm came up.

No different then any religious/cult leader now. Sponging off of their minions and idiot fanatic followers.

The Bible says he was a carpenter. See Mark 6:3. Some of his work includes the Great Pyramid of Giza, the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus and the Statue of Zeus at Olympia.

He turned water into wine, multiplied loaves and fishes, raised a guy from the dead and healed others. What more do you want him to do?

The real deadbeat was the Buddha. He was a Prince, he left his wife and kid, and sat around all day.

Last edited:

The Bible says he was a carpenter. See Mark 6:3. Some of his work includes the Great Pyramid of Giza, the Temple of Artemis at Ephesus and the Statue of Zeus at Olympia.

does it say he was a carpenter or that he was the son of a carpenter?
And actually a professor at a seminary told me it actually translated to handyman vs carpenter.

Awesome.

I like my deities to be hard-working.

does it say he was a carpenter or that he was the son of a carpenter?
And actually a professor at a seminary told me it actually translated to handyman vs carpenter.

Both.

If you were Gawd would you work!

"Our lives are not in the lap of the gods, but in the lap of our cooks." Lin Yutang

Last edited:
The mythical Jesus seemed sorta commie to me.

You need to read ACTs

Members of The first Church shared everything, and when someone tried to conceal part of their property, they died!

How they died is a bit of a mystery. Something about breathing their last in front of the Leadership!!

Does that remind you of what the Commies do to the rich? Kill them and take their stuff!:eek:

jesus was not a deadbeat

jesus is a metaphor for the sun, his life and ministry are metaphors for the seasonal solar changes we see manifest here on earth

Forum List

Back