Was Jesus a deadbeat?

uscitizen

May 6, 2007
My Shack
Does the bible ever speak of Jesus actually doing productive work?

Heck he was even asleep while his buddies were sailing in a storm.
Why was he not up helping out?

Disclosure:
I do not believe in any deity or afterlife.
But I do think Jesus taught some good ways to live together. ie ethics.

Disclosure:

If Jesus has the ability to save the soul of a wretch like me, then I would say that would be a hard days work. Wouldn't label him as a dead beat in my case. Sounds like he has his work cut out with you too... Just thinking.

By tradition, he was a carpenter. Since he did not start his ministry till age 30, that must mean that he had been productive for quite a while.

from the story of Cannae, he was good at weddings. From the story of the sermon on the mount, he was a great caterer, and when his friends had a frustrating night fishing, he found them a better fishing spot, so he must have been a great guide.

By tradition, he was a carpenter. Since he did not start his ministry till age 30, that must mean that he had been productive for quite a while.

from the story of Cannae, he was good at weddings. From the story of the sermon on the mount, he was a great caterer, and when his friends had a frustrating night fishing, he found them a better fishing spot, so he must have been a great guide.

3 little words..... "that must mean "

Heck he could have been a pimp for 30 years for all we know.

But he still taught some good ways to live together.

Last edited:
Mark 6:3 (New International Version)

"Where did this man get these things?" they asked. "What's this wisdom that has been given him, that he even does miracles! 3Isn't this the carpenter? Isn't this Mary's son and the brother of James, Joseph,[a] Judas and Simon? Aren't his sisters here with us?" And they took offense at him.

3 little words..... "that must mean "

Heck he could have been a pimp for 30 years for all we know.

But he still taught some good ways to live together.
He also taught how to be saved. You will have to ask yourself "Are teachers productive?" If so then are they worthy of their wages?

Don't get me wrong now. I am all for real Christinas, those striving to live as Jesus taught them.
Just forget the supreme deity and afterlife stuff.
If you are correct then there will be salvation for you since Jesus is the way. That is what that really means.

Live the way not for the rewards later but for the enhancement of all of our lives in the here and now.

Don't get me wrong now. I am all for real Christinas, those striving to live as Jesus taught them.
If you are correct then there will be salvation for you since Jesus is the way. That is what that really means.

Live the way not for the rewards later but for the enhancement of all of our lives in the here and now.

Both, you follow Him each and everyday while here on earth and hope that when your time comes you can be an overcomer of this world and enter into His rest.

What did He teach that you find valuable? Worth living by?

He was a carpenter.
His father was a carpenter.

He carried no purse, never worked, and lived off of handouts.

Basically... Jesus was a hippie who was born before his time.

Nah, he was a small businessman who went Gault.

Living during the Reign of Tiberius, I don't think he was the only one.

It would become a bigger and harsher problem as the Empire went on .

i am all for some real christinas, too.

What did He teach that you find valuable? Worth living by?

Less prejudice. Help the poor and sick, love your fellow man, heck he even did not shun a tainted lady. .... Perhaps he was a pimp ? :D

My main point in this thread was why did the bible leave out so much of Jesus's life?
If it was good or to religions purpose surely the bible would have included it all?

Disclosure:

You ever Mock Islam?...

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back