Was It Right To Interrupt Obama?

Bush was a workaholic? Seriously? He was more like The Vacation President.

jonox: George W. Bush's vacation time (grand total)

:eusa_whistle:

You do know that when Bush was at his ranch he had his staff with him right? He used his ranch as a second White House.

CBS's Mark Knoller, who keeps track of presidents' comings and goings, calculated that Bush spent all or part of 977 days at Camp David or in Texas during his two terms.
Blakeman noted that visits to those locations were working trips and not getaways. Bush's staff would travel with him, and work would continue as usual. The Crawford ranch was known as the "Western White House" because of the infrastructure there.

Obama vacation brings rest, relaxation and rebuke - CNN

How many times did obama have his staff with him on his 100 rounds of golf and his vactions?

Presidents travel with staff? Who knew. :laugh2:

How is it possible to find so many ignorant people in one thread. It is not right to interrupt anybody's speech, let alone the president of our country. And this incident has nothing to do with whether or not anybody laughed because the last president had a shoe thrown at him by some foreigner!!! Leave it to right wing idiots to mix apples and oranges.

It is rude to interrupt.

It is a bit worse when the one you interrupt is the President.

It is also not terribly cool to throw a hissy fit over someone being rude when you happen to BE the President.

And if one does not interrupt the President's propaganda speeches, one cannot ever ask a question. That's kind of uncool, too; on this President's part.

He should have been rude!!!! I hate to admit I am an oldie (but a goodie) but I have been watching presdents on tv since I was 11 years old. JFK was the first one I remember and he was in the first televised presidential debate. Believe me, I NEVER heard anybody interrupt a president during a speech, EVER. Not even Nixon when everybody was mad at him and he was under so much fire!!!

I am going to be honest about the shoe incident. I did laugh, but I had a good reason. Like him or not, W was still my prez. When he dodged those shoes, I was tickled to death!!! It was so cool. I truly would have been mad if he had been hit. That was one of the coolest things he ever did. :)

Forum List

Back