Was it just me or did Mitt become even more moderate last night?

You are ducking the question, because the question shoves your lame assed meme up your ass.

I answered your question directly. Indeed, I'm glad to, as it's the exact point I've been making.

Their allegiance is to winning now, not ideology. They've seen candidate after candidate stand up for the bullshit they spout at their rallies and lose. They watched every one of the Republican presidential candidates associated with them fall in the primaries.

Their wagon is hitched to Moderate Mitt and they couldn't cheer louder at his sudden realization that maybe the Democrats' ideas aren't so bad. They even like bailouts now!

I predicted a year ago that a Romney win in the primary would kill the Tea Party because they would abandon everything they claimed to believe in to support him. He pandered to them far longer into the general election than I thought he would, and for a time it looked like I was wrong. But the transformation is now complete and it turns out I was correct. The Tea Party is dead and Mitt Romney, one of the few people in the Republican Party who could accomplish this, is its slayer. We are all moderate Democrats now.

Again, for that we owe him.

Would you agree that fiscal responsibility is a Tea Party's top priority?

Would you agree that fiscal responsibility is a Romney's top priority?

Romney's plan is to cut taxes, increase military spending, not touch Medicare, not touch Social Security,

and somehow, magically, balance the budget.

That is about the least fiscally responsible plan one can imagine.

I could have sworn that Mitt was saying the same things Obama was saying. This dude gets more moderate as the debates go on. Good thing for him this was the last one. One more and he would be a democrat.

Right you are and right he isn't. If you were to believe Romney (always dangerous straits to navigate), he is more liberal than Obama is at this point. Of course we have seen that what Romney says isn't always what you get.

What do you expect from a sociopath with dementia?

I answered your question directly. Indeed, I'm glad to, as it's the exact point I've been making.

Their allegiance is to winning now, not ideology. They've seen candidate after candidate stand up for the bullshit they spout at their rallies and lose. They watched every one of the Republican presidential candidates associated with them fall in the primaries.

Their wagon is hitched to Moderate Mitt and they couldn't cheer louder at his sudden realization that maybe the Democrats' ideas aren't so bad. They even like bailouts now!

I predicted a year ago that a Romney win in the primary would kill the Tea Party because they would abandon everything they claimed to believe in to support him. He pandered to them far longer into the general election than I thought he would, and for a time it looked like I was wrong. But the transformation is now complete and it turns out I was correct. The Tea Party is dead and Mitt Romney, one of the few people in the Republican Party who could accomplish this, is its slayer. We are all moderate Democrats now.

Again, for that we owe him.

Romney's plan is to cut taxes, increase military spending, not touch Medicare, not touch Social Security,

Romney has the 'magic' touch for balancing budgets, as evidenced in both his public and private ventures.

Agree, disagree, or is it time for you to flee?

Romney has the 'magic' touch for balancing budgets, as evidenced in both his public and private ventures.

No he doesn't. If you can show where he balanced a budget using the above formula by all means do so,

but if you can't, shut up about it.

It's as though the Tea Party never happened.

And for that we should be thankful for Mitt Romney. I don't know how he pulled it off after waiting until October to do it but he got them on onboard with moderate policy positions.

Well-played, Mr. Romney.

You stepped in it.

LOL

Would you agree that you don't know anything about economics?

Balanced-budget efforts in America have always preceded national depressions. Republicans see the balanced budget as a political vehicle for enacting sweeping cuts in federal spending that, without the political cover of a balanced budget, likely would be significantly more difficult to sell to the American people.

Cuts, like Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, education, and every program that helps the poor and middle class.

No he doesn't. If you can show where he balanced a budget using the above formula by all means do so,

but if you can't, shut up about it.

LOL

There is perhaps no person on earth better at taking a tough situation and turning it around, budget-wise.

But keep swallowing the Libjizz.

SniperFire keeps drinking the TeaParty koolaide, which is fine, because we want those TP votes.

Thank heavens Mitt is moving back towards the right of center, where he belongs.

SniperFire keeps drinking the TeaParty koolaide, which is fine, because we want those TP votes.

Thank heavens Mitt is moving back towards the right of center, where he belongs.

You calling out SF? You, who is the biggest koolaide guzzler on this board. I once believed that you were intelligent. Not anymore...

Mitt Romney should go down in history as the biggest liar to ever run for office. He is WILLFULLY telling We, the People promises he can never keep, and if he did keep those promises, it would lead to the greatest depression in world history, and cause DEATH and destruction in America.

His strategy is to tell people what they want to hear, but offer NO DETAILS. On purpose.

Romney’s reluctance to lay out specifics is no accident. From the outset, this ambiguity was designed to attract the broadest possible segment of the electorate. The economy is so bad, his advisers say, that voters will jettison the president given an acceptable alternative.

Mitt Romney and the Fantasy Budget - Businessweek

Last edited:
What you think and know, bfgrn, about GOP politics would fill a thimble.

I have been telling the board for a long time this would happen: secure the right, then launch the final attack on the middle and right of center.

Romney will succeed, and your dems will go down in flames, at least with the knowledge the TP will have no role in a Romney administration.

I have been telling the board for a long time this would happen: secure the right, then launch the final attack on the middle and right of center.

Romney will succeed, and your dems will go down in flames, at least with the knowledge the TP will have no role in a Romney administration.

Jake, Romney is willfully lying to get elected, do you support that? Is that the kind of knowledge you claim to possess?

Not to worry, the old Romney will be back right after the election, it's all a ruse to pick up the independent votes. The real question isn't about Romney, he's the figurehead, sort of like Harding, but who really will run the government if Romney is elected. The Republicans have a wide array of potential leaders but it won't be Romney, the figure head remember, wink Wink.

No more than the Dems and the president.

Son, as Bill Clinton once told me and several thousand others, "politics is a contact sport". Yup.

Jake, Romney is willfully lying to get elected, do you support that? Is that the kind of knowledge you claim to possess?

Romney is the dictator of boards of directors.

He fired people like you and others who opposed him . . . wink wink
Not to worry, the old Romney will be back right after the election, it's all a ruse to pick up the independent votes. The real question isn't about Romney, he's the figurehead, sort of like Harding, but who really will run the government if Romney is elected. The Republicans have a wide array of potential leaders but it won't be Romney, the figure head remember, wink Wink.

No more than the Dems and the president.

Son, as Bill Clinton once told me and several thousand others, "politics is a contact sport". Yup.

The TP will have no role? Then a balanced budget is Romney's idea? Holy shit, then Mitt is a bigger MORON than the TP, he SHOULD know better.

Actually a LOT more than the 'Dems' and the President Jake. The President called Mitten out on many of his deceitful tactics, maybe you were too busy masturbating? Romney is the most deceitful candidate in modern history. But thank you for proving who and what you really are. You ARE a Republican, but not an honest or moderate Republican. You are lower than the tea partiers you rag about. Truth, honesty and ethics have no place in your priorities, just winning.

bfgrn, try making sense. Romney will not even try for a balanced budget. He knows a balanced budget is idiotic thinking. What he will do is try to decrease the amount of defense cuts will increasing the amount of social entitlement cuts.

And you are engaging mental masturbation here, son: it may feel good, but it is sterile.

So are your comments.

Isnt it great to have choice we can vote for coke a cola or pepsi-cola...if that aint freedom I dont know what is

People had a choice to vote for Ron Paul but they didn't...

bfgrn, try making sense. Romney will not even try for a balanced budget. He knows a balanced budget is idiotic thinking. What he will do is try to decrease the amount of defense cuts will increasing the amount of social entitlement cuts.

And you are engaging mental masturbation here, son: it may feel good, but it is sterile.

So are your comments.

My comments are spot on 'ma'am'...your comments SUPPORT WHAT I SAID in post 65: http://www.usmessageboard.com/6214261-post65.html

Balanced-budget efforts in America have always preceded national depressions. Republicans see the balanced budget as a political vehicle for enacting sweeping cuts in federal spending that, without the political cover of a balanced budget, likely would be significantly more difficult to sell to the American people.

Cuts, like Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security, education, and every program that helps the poor and middle class.

So you are admitting that Romney LIED...

During the third debate, Romney stated, "Come on our website, you'll look how we get to a balanced budget within eight to 10 years. We do it by getting -- by reducing spending in a whole series of programs. By the way, number one -- get rid of Obamacare"

AND, eliminating Obamacare will not reduce the budget. As scored by the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, repealing the president's health plan will increase the budget by $109 billion over the next ten years.

Romney LIED when he said that he has a health plan to replace Obamacare that will provide coverage for pre-existing conditions. Yet moments after he said this, one of his senior advisers had to say that pre-existing conditions would be covered only if the insured had continuous coverage that provided for it. In other words, if you lost your insurance for any reason, the new Romney plan would not cover your pre-existing conditions.

Just like President Obama SAID: Romney Budget Proposals Would Necessitate Very Large Cuts in Medicaid, Education, Health Research and Other Programs

For the most part, Governor Romney has not outlined cuts in specific programs. But if policy*makers repealed health reform (the Affordable Care Act, or ACA) and exempted Social Security from cuts, as Romney has suggested, and cut Medicare, Medicaid, and all other entitlement and discretionary programs by the same percentage to meet Romney’s overall spending cap and defense spending target, then they would have to cut non-defense programs other than Social Security by 22 percent in 2016 and 34 percent in 2022 (see Figure 1). If they exempted Medicare from cuts for this period, the cuts in other programs would have to be even more dramatic — 32 percent in 2016 and 53 percent in 2022.

If they applied these cuts proportionately, the cuts in programs such as veterans’ disability compensation, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for poor elderly and disabled individuals, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly food stamps), school lunches and other child nutrition programs, and unemployment compensation would cause the incomes of large numbers of households to fall below the poverty line. Many who already are poor would become poorer.

The cuts in non-defense discretionary programs — a spending category that covers a wide variety of public services such as elementary and secondary education, law enforcement, veterans’ health care, environmental protection, and biomedical research— would come on top of the substantial cuts in this part of the budget that are already in law , due to the discretionary funding caps in last year’s Budget Control Act (BCA). By 2022, the cuts under Governor Romney’s budget proposals would shrink nondefense discretionary spending — which, over the past 50 years, has averaged 3.9 percent of GDP and never fallen below 3.2 percent — to 1.8 percent of GDP if Medicare shares in the cuts, and to 1.3 percent of GDP if it does not.

These cuts would be noticeably deeper than those required under the austere House-passed budget plan authored by Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-WI). (Romney’s nondefense cuts are deeper because his proposal increases core defense spending — the defense budget other than war costs and some relatively small items such as military family housing — to 4 percent of GDP, while the Ryan budget does not.) Over the coming decade, Romney would require cuts in programs other than core defense of $6.1 trillion, compared with $5.0 trillion in cuts under the House-passed budget plan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...the poor and middle class must be punished because the financial crisis and the debt is THEIR fault.

And the rich must be rewarded!

If you support cuts to essential programs and services Jake, and tax cuts for the opulent, you are a REAL piece of shit Jake. You are NO MODERATE. You are a far right wing asshole...fuck YOU!

Last edited:
bfgrn, you are not a moderate with false statements as, "If you support cuts to essential programs and services Jake, and tax cuts for the opulent, you are a REAL piece of shit Jake. You are NO MODERATE. You are a far right wing asshole...fuck YOU!"

I said nothing of the sort, mental masturbator. :lol:

You are going to lose the presidency, and you know what, podjo, your world won't end.

bfgrn, you are not a moderate with false statements as, "If you support cuts to essential programs and services Jake, and tax cuts for the opulent, you are a REAL piece of shit Jake. You are NO MODERATE. You are a far right wing asshole...fuck YOU!"

I said nothing of the sort, mental masturbator. :lol:

You are going to lose the presidency, and you know what, podjo, your world won't end.

Well Jake, you can 'claim' you said nothing of the sort, but by supporting Romney, YOU ARE SAYING you support cuts to essential programs and services, and tax cuts for the opulent. Because THAT is what Romney and Ryan will do if they are elected.

A budget is a moral document. The Romney/Ryan budget is an immoral document. It violates the fundamental civil tenets of our society, the fundamental teachings of Ryan's Catholic Church and the Bible. It is not hyperbole to say it will cause not only hardship and harm for the most vulnerable among us, it will cause deaths of Americans.

Conservatism has become an evil in our society. It is a cancer that must be stopped.

You are not a moderate, you are a right wing piece of scum...fuck YOU Jake.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back