Was getting worried about Ohio but feeling a little better

khafley said:
I was starting to get a little worried about Ohio, but I feel some what better now that I have found this.

All 21 electoral votes in the 2000 elections were for Bush and Cheney.

Now if we can just have the same people vote again!

http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/electoral_college/2000_certificates/vote_ohio.html

Is Ohio able to split their electoral votes by district? If not then it is highly probably that all 21 would vote the same way. Any Republican that jumped ship and voted for Gore in 2000 when he had the power to vote for Bush would not last long.

I think what Khaf is worried about is these Ohioans thinking they've ALREADY voted and not vote again. Ohio is filled with people from KY. Sorry Kentuckians.
Kentucky---5 million people, 15 last names.

JohnGalt said:
hehe, I am just nodding my head and trying not to look like an ass.

Hey, how's good ole Atlanta? I'm originally from Augusta.

Can someone please (possibly the original poster) what this post is about and where the confusion is?

MJDuncan1982 said:
Hey, how's good ole Atlanta? I'm originally from Augusta.

Can someone please (possibly the original poster) what this post is about and where the confusion is?

So I'm guessing you didn't click on the link, that might help explain this post better. Come on you can do it!!!

this is going to be really small but i guess if you get a magnifying glass you might be able to read it or you could just click on the link!!!!

I dont have a magnifying glass in my pocket... thankfully i dont need one. so can you give me the jist of it?

khafley said:
I was starting to get a little worried about Ohio, but I feel some what better now that I have found this.

All 21 electoral votes in the 2000 elections were for Bush and Cheney.

Now if we can just have the same people vote again!

http://www.archives.gov/federal_register/electoral_college/2000_certificates/vote_ohio.html

He posted this. However, if Ohio is like most states, it cannot split its electoral votes - either all vote democrat or all vote republican. The fact that all voted Bush last time doesn't mean much because in all likelihood, if one voted that way that meant all would vote that way.

I'm confused over whether Ohio can split its votes because if it can't, "all" 21 votes going to Bush wouldn't mean much.

Forum List

Back