Was Anyone Here Ever Afraid of Santa?

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
I was... Meaning the Santa in stores, not the other one.. In fact I feared Santa as much as I feared the doctor.

Bonnie said:
I was... Meaning the Santa in stores, not the other one.. In fact I feared Santa as much as I feared the doctor.

I assume you are referring to the chubby guy in the Red Suit vs St.Nick! Maybe something to do with.."were you a good little girl?" :p:

fuzzykitten99 said:
i was.
i think it was because right from the start (around 4 or 5 yrs old), somehow i knew the guy at the mall or dept store was not the "real" santa, but some strange guy letting kids sit on his lap. it just creeped me out.

I can relate to that. LOL

Bonnie said:

Nope, but we always went to the State Street Marshall Field's, which always had the jolliest Santa. Now, don't get me started on clowns, :eek2: I still don't like them much!

Kathianne said:
Nope, but we always went to the State Street Marshall Field's, which always had the jolliest Santa. Now, don't get me started on clowns, :eek2: I still don't like them much!

Clowns, ventriloquist dummies, and porcelain dolls actually any kind of creepy looking doll...:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

He's watching you all the time. He knows wether you've been good or bad. You know that's not sanctioned in the Patriot Act. :D

I was watching Montel one afternoon, when his guest was Syliva Brown (lover her). I think the theme of that show was hauntings, I forget now. Anyway, this woman had a doll that she thought was haunted. She used to keep it in a box in her closet because it creeped her out so much. I forget why she thought is was evil, exactly, however, I do remember her being distraught over the fact that her husband didn't take her seriously and put the doll in their bed when she was in the shower to freak her out. :D

Santa.... never afraid of him, always trying to prove he/they were a frauds. Typical kid I suppose.

Bonnie said:
Clowns, ventriloquist dummies, and porcelain dolls actually any kind of creepy looking doll...:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:
I was terrified of ventriloquist dummies when I was little (like 3 or 4). Whenever one would appear on "The Ed Sullivan Show" or any of variety shows that were on television back in those days, I'd run out of the living room screaming and crying.

Now that I'm older, I'm not afraid of dummies, in fact, I've run into a few during my travels.... :) :) :)

nbdysfu said:
He's watching you all the time. He knows wether you've been good or bad. You know that's not sanctioned in the Patriot Act. :D
You know... I heard that Santa is a Republican spy for the Bush Administration... that's why he wears red!!!! And he's in and out of people's homes a lot this time of year... what a great opportunity to plant wiretaps and listening devices!!!!

I've been afraid of mannequins since that Twilight Zone Episode. I'm scared I might be one, so I'm afraid of them. Like homophobes?

twilightzoneafterhours11.jpg

KarlMarx said:
You know... I heard that Santa is a Republican spy for the Bush Administration... that's why he wears red!!!! And he's in and out of people's homes a lot this time of year... what a great opportunity to plant wiretaps and listening devices!!!!
Grossly misinformed. He wears red because St. Nicholas was a bishop. :laugh:

Bonnie said:

God, yes. Terrified. "Well, come here, little girl. Come sit on Santa's lap and tell him what you want for Christmas!" :eek2:

I still don't care for that fat bastard too awfully much. I always have images of him carrying an axe and creeping through a window to steal my gifts or kill me. Maybe I should step back away from the computer and stop watching those creepy videos from consumptionjunction.com!

My sister was deathly afraid of Santa Claus. Every Christmas eve she would pile the covers over her head to the extent it's a wonder she didn't smother for lack of oxygen. My mother always had to get her out of bed on Christmas day. When she got older, she said she was always afraid Santa would find her and take her to the North Pole with him. :)

Bonnie said:

Me too! Clowns are the worst. And the dolls stare at you when you walk around the room, like they are waiting for the chance to get you.

Forum List

Back