Was Allah Originally a Babylonian God of Violence

That's because the Old Testament is about the establishment of an Earthly kingdom and required Earthly methods. The New Testament is about the Spiritual kingdom, and as such is established by spiritual means. Much less physical violence required.

Islam still has the establishment of the physical kingdom in it. Hence the violence. Typically when a spiritual religion tries to establish earthly power, it always degenerates to violence as that tends to be what we as people understand.

Jesus didn't abolish the old testament as law. It's still applicable to Christians.

It is, it's just that much of it is taken to have been fulfilled, or is not as relevant because you're not looking at an earthly kingdom. But it is still there, and it still reflects back to us how short we all come.

Is that why Christians have such a shitty, "I don't give a fuck about the Earth, Jesus is going to come back anyway and fix everything." view of our planet?

My point was that they are far more alike than they are diffrent. Also thanks, I hadnt thought of Abraham.

Edit to add- or Moses lol:)

That's true they are more alike but with different interpretation of some events....they all sound like same God to me....if you read you can tell its Angel Gabriel speaking

I was always taught they all worship the same god, 13 years of religious classes couldn't have been totally wrong :tongue:

Yes I know they are lol but some ignorant people refuse to believe that...God is the one delivering the Message in all 3 books by telling Gabriel what to say...it's not a form of speech we don't know what it is....but Gabriel translates it, that's why in Islam you have to recognize Gabriel as the Angel of God..and respect him

As a Christian, I acknowledge Jesus Christ as a Son of God, and I don't respect those who want to drag Him down to the level of a murderous adulterous philandering child abuser, and call Him a Prophet.
Yes, Jesus is in better company with other biblical Prophets.

Like Lot who got drunk and had sex with both of his daughters and got them pregnant.

Or Moses who murdered a man and had to go on the lame to escape the authorities.

And King David who directed his commanders to let a soldier be killed so that he could marry the widow.

Since Jesus is the Son of God, He is not a fellow Prophet of Mohammed and any of those others you mentioned.

As The Son of God, He was without sin, no matter what you might say and how you would like to equate Him to those you talk about.

As a Christian, I acknowledge Jesus Christ as a Son of God, and I don't respect those who want to drag Him down to the level of a murderous adulterous philandering child abuser, and call Him a Prophet.
Yes, Jesus is in better company with other biblical Prophets.

Like Lot who got drunk and had sex with both of his daughters and got them pregnant.

Or Moses who murdered a man and had to go on the lame to escape the authorities.

And King David who directed his commanders to let a soldier be killed so that he could marry the widow.

Since Jesus is the Son of God, He is not a fellow Prophet of Mohammed and any of those others you mentioned.

As The Son of God, He was without sin, no matter what you might say and how you would like to equate Him to those you talk about.

My religious figure is more powerful than your religious figure!

Face it buddy, your Jesus is just a hodgepodge composite figure of older religions and stories.

Is that why Christians have such a shitty, "I don't give a fuck about the Earth, Jesus is going to come back anyway and fix everything." view of our planet?

The focus is on the spiritual.

Personally, I see deliberate misuse or damage of the environment as defacing of God's creation and fairly disrespectful. So I'm a bit more environmentally minded. But again, for a devout Christian the focus is on the eternal, which isn't the Earthly stuff that occupies most of the day.

The focus is on the spiritual.

Personally, I see deliberate misuse or damage of the environment as defacing of God's creation and fairly disrespectful. So I'm a bit more environmentally minded. But again, for a devout Christian the focus is on the eternal, which isn't the Earthly stuff that occupies most of the day.

Tell that to the church. They always asking for the "earthly stuff" but then me not to concern myself with it!!

Something is wrong with that. Very wrong, indeed!!

Forum List

Back