Was Allah Originally a Babylonian God of Violence

This.

In fact, Muslims are supposed to treat Christians and Jews fairly as they are fellow "People of the Book". They worship the same God, but have not acknowledged Mohammed yet.

As a Christian, you can't help but notice the parallels with other Old Testament prophets or even the Apostle Paul. The problem is that Muslims appear not to acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God which makes Mohammed a false prophet.

The Muslims acknowledge the virgin birth, but Doesn't believe that Jesus Christ as the son of God. But rather created the way Adam was created.

You're the first guy ive seen post the right information....it's all right on they do acknowledge his virgin birth and they say he was created like Adam but not as a body as a soul/spirit I believe...

To add to that they believe he is the Messiah to come back and angels will land him at Damascus..and will be wearing a yellow robe....I think they are pretty similar prophecies in the Relevations? Right?

I prefer gal..LOL Anyway, Muslims do believe that Jesus will return at the end of times. However, Muslims believe that he will be a follower of monothiesm and he will reject trinity and any other forms of associating other dieties with God.

And there is none of the People of the Scripture, but must believe in him, before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he will be a witness against them. (Al-Nisa, 159)

And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the Knower of all that is hidden and unseen. Never did I say to them ought except what You (Allah) did command me to say: `Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelled amongst them, but when You took me [up], You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your servants, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the Almighty, the All-Wise." (Al-Maidah, 116 - 118)

The Muslims acknowledge the virgin birth, but Doesn't believe that Jesus Christ as the son of God. But rather created the way Adam was created.

You're the first guy ive seen post the right information....it's all right on they do acknowledge his virgin birth and they say he was created like Adam but not as a body as a soul/spirit I believe...

To add to that they believe he is the Messiah to come back and angels will land him at Damascus..and will be wearing a yellow robe....I think they are pretty similar prophecies in the Relevations? Right?

I prefer gal..LOL Anyway, Muslims do believe that Jesus will return at the end of times. However, Muslims believe that he will be a follower of monothiesm and he will reject trinity and any other forms of associating other dieties with God.

And there is none of the People of the Scripture, but must believe in him, before his death. And on the Day of Resurrection, he will be a witness against them. (Al-Nisa, 159)

And (remember) when Allah will say (on the Day of Resurrection): "O `Isa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)! Did you say unto men: Worship me and my mother as two gods besides Allah?" He will say: "Glory be to You! It was not for me to say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, You would surely have known it. You know what is in my inner self though I do not know what is in Yours, truly, You, only You, are the Knower of all that is hidden and unseen. Never did I say to them ought except what You (Allah) did command me to say: `Worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord.' And I was a witness over them while I dwelled amongst them, but when You took me [up], You were the Watcher over them, and You are a Witness to all things. If You punish them, they are Your servants, and if You forgive them, verily You, only You are the Almighty, the All-Wise." (Al-Maidah, 116 - 118)

Sure:) gal...and yes he will be a monotheist according to Islam and I agree with that..I dont think we know God he is Unseen

According to the Islam religion, Mohammed went to a cave in the mountain. The angel Gabriel appeared to Mohammed and trying to force Mohammed to read the tablets Gabriel was showing Mohammed. Mohammed was Illiterate. Gabriel kept forcing the tablets on Mohammed until he could read them. The writings on the tablet are what is now the Quaran.

Allah is suppose to be the one true God from the Bible but told in a different interpretation in the Quaran.
This.

In fact, Muslims are supposed to treat Christians and Jews fairly as they are fellow "People of the Book". They worship the same God, but have not acknowledged Mohammed yet.

As a Christian, you can't help but notice the parallels with other Old Testament prophets or even the Apostle Paul. The problem is that Muslims appear not to acknowledge Jesus as the Son of God which makes Mohammed a false prophet.
One would think that after 600 years, they would have managed their plagiarism a bit better....

According to the Islam religion, Mohammed went to a cave in the mountain. The angel Gabriel appeared to Mohammed and trying to force Mohammed to read the tablets Gabriel was showing Mohammed. Mohammed was Illiterate. Gabriel kept forcing the tablets on Mohammed until he could read them. The writings on the tablet are what is now the Quaran.

Allah is suppose to be the one true God from the Bible but told in a different interpretation in the Quaran.
This.

One would think that after 600 years, they would have managed their plagiarism a bit better....

I don't think it's due to religion....Africa and the middle east have a lot of corruption and violence and problems man...

This.

Christians don't have a despicable excuse to murder and discriminate against people of different faith, as Muslims do. In THE BOOK, i.e. the Bible, Old Testament or New Testament, ALL people are people of God, not of some book, parroted by an illiterate.

As a Christian, I acknowledge Jesus Christ as a Son of God, and I don't respect those who want to drag Him down to the level of a murderous adulterous philandering child abuser, and call Him a Prophet.

Mohammed deserves the same recognition and respect as Joseph Smith.

Or, at least, the reverse proportion based on the bloody dead bodies each have piled up in order to promote what their own angels or God revealed to them.

There's a body count associated with The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints. Most people forget that the US Army had to occupy Utah at one point.

This.

Christians don't have a despicable excuse to murder and discriminate against people of different faith, as Muslims do. In THE BOOK, i.e. the Bible, Old Testament or New Testament, ALL people are people of God, not of some book, parroted by an illiterate.

As a Christian, I acknowledge Jesus Christ as a Son of God, and I don't respect those who want to drag Him down to the level of a murderous adulterous philandering child abuser, and call Him a Prophet.

The Bible has violence just as much as the Quran. More passages, less percentage of whole.

On a totally unrelated note, I do find it interesting that out of the 4 one god religions, save for the Jewish faith, they all have their own "prophet".

Jews have Abraham, and later Moses as a major prophet. It is interesting though that the Jewish faith recognizes that while Abraham is in some sense "The First Jew," there are references to others that knew and worshiped God before and at the same time as Abraham.

On a totally unrelated note, I do find it interesting that out of the 4 one god religions, save for the Jewish faith, they all have their own "prophet".

Jews have Abraham, and later Moses as a major prophet. It is interesting though that the Jewish faith recognizes that while Abraham is in some sense "The First Jew," there are references to others that knew and worshiped God before and at the same time as Abraham.

Dont all 3 religons consider Moses and Abraham as their prophets as well?

The Bible has violence just as much as the Quran. More passages, less percentage of whole.

That's because the Old Testament is about the establishment of an Earthly kingdom and required Earthly methods. The New Testament is about the Spiritual kingdom, and as such is established by spiritual means. Much less physical violence required.

Islam still has the establishment of the physical kingdom in it. Hence the violence. Typically when a spiritual religion tries to establish earthly power, it always degenerates to violence as that tends to be what we as people understand.

Yes, but I may have missed AmyNation's point. Judaism also has the tradition of revelation of divine law. It just happens with Moses instead of Abraham. That's somewhat unusual.

Yes, Jesus is in better company with other biblical Prophets.

Like Lot who got drunk and had sex with both of his daughters and got them pregnant.

Or Moses who murdered a man and had to go on the lame to escape the authorities.

And King David who directed his commanders to let a soldier be killed so that he could marry the widow.

Yes, but I may have missed AmyNation's point. Judaism also has the tradition of revelation of divine law. It just happens with Moses instead of Abraham. That's somewhat unusual.

Abraham wasn't Jewish so they take Moses as their Prophet so yeah you're right....Moses is the main Prophet they follow

That's because the Old Testament is about the establishment of an Earthly kingdom and required Earthly methods. The New Testament is about the Spiritual kingdom, and as such is established by spiritual means. Much less physical violence required.

Islam still has the establishment of the physical kingdom in it. Hence the violence. Typically when a spiritual religion tries to establish earthly power, it always degenerates to violence as that tends to be what we as people understand.

Jesus didn't abolish the old testament as law. It's still applicable to Christians.

My point was that they are far more alike than they are diffrent. Also thanks, I hadnt thought of Abraham.

Edit to add- or Moses lol:)

Last edited:

Jesus didn't abolish the old testament as law. It's still applicable to Christians.

It is, it's just that much of it is taken to have been fulfilled, or is not as relevant because you're not looking at an earthly kingdom. But it is still there, and it still reflects back to us how short we all come.

My point was that they are far more alike than they are diffrent. Also thanks, I hadnt thought of Abraham.

That's true they are more alike but with different interpretation of some events....they all sound like same God to me....if you read you can tell its Angel Gabriel speaking

Mohammed deserves the same recognition and respect as Joseph Smith.

Or, at least, the reverse proportion based on the bloody dead bodies each have piled up in order to promote what their own angels or God revealed to them.

There's a body count associated with The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter Day Saints. Most people forget that the US Army had to occupy Utah at one point.

And I am sure the body count as result of spreading Mormonism is equal to that of the atrocities committed spreading of Islam throughout Asia and Europe.

That's true they are more alike but with different interpretation of some events....they all sound like same God to me....if you read you can tell its Angel Gabriel speaking

I was always taught they all worship the same god, 13 years of religious classes couldn't have been totally wrong :tongue:

Forum List

Back