Was Adam really the first human and if so...

Well, if we have a creator and IF said creator decided to place fully formed humans on this planet, doesn't it seem likely that "he" seeded the planet with more than one set of "Adam and Eve"? After all, it seems unlikely that "Adam and Eve" would have spawned so many different races of humans that speak multitudes of languages.

FWIW, I do believe that we have a creator. What I'm unclear about is how our creator got the proverbial ball rolling in terms of creating the human race.
We are told that we come from dust and will return to dust. This means that man is a product of the material world he created.
So dust created the material world so that dust could become a human?
Nope. Try again. I know you have it in you.
I already FUCKING NAILED IT!!!! :biggrin:
No. You didn’t. Genesis and science both tell us that spirit created the material world and that man is a product of the material world.

“... because I say so”.

We are told that we come from dust and will return to dust. This means that man is a product of the material world he created.
No. You didn’t. Genesis and science both tell us that spirit created the material world and that man is a product of the material world.

“... because I say so”.
No. Because Genesis says so and the physical laws of nature say so.

It has nothing to do with me.

“... because I say so”.
No. Because Genesis says so and the physical laws of nature say so.

It has nothing to do with me.

Physical laws of nature prove Zeus. To the back of the line you go with your new-fangled gods.

Well, if we have a creator and IF said creator decided to place fully formed humans on this planet, doesn't it seem likely that "he" seeded the planet with more than one set of "Adam and Eve"? After all, it seems unlikely that "Adam and Eve" would have spawned so many different races of humans that speak multitudes of languages.

FWIW, I do believe that we have a creator. What I'm unclear about is how our creator got the proverbial ball rolling in terms of creating the human race.
Science says no such thing. Now you know.

Putting aside for now the question why there even had to be a ‘first human’ here’s a take on aliens by someone whose vision is fascinating and more than a bit scary.

From science fiction author Nnedi Okorafor.

"Three things are generally intrinsic about human beings: 1. We think we know everything. 2. We think everything is about us. 3. We need things to be about us in order to care. Thus, in most of our stories about aliens, the aliens come because of us (be it to kill, enslave, or study us) or to take things that are dear to us. We are also usually the first who make contact with the aliens, and they almost always look something like us or like something familiar to us.

"I believe aliens exist. However, I don't pay much mind to the little-green-men mythology. I don't think aliens have to be humanoid, carbon-based, or even alive by our definition of alive. Human beings aren't made to survive in space. If aliens arrive on Earth here, it means they have survived in space and have the means to adapt to our atmosphere. I think it highly possible that they'll be nothing like us.

"In my novel Lagoon, the aliens that show up in Lagos, Nigeria, are fundamental shape-shifters with consciousness and control all the way to the molecular level, and their molecules do not resemble or operate like anything Earth-based. They use matter (whatever that matter is and wherever it comes from) and they adapt to wherever they are. And their wants and needs and methods of going about their business are wholly foreign to humans.

"I don't see why aliens couldn't be microscopic, only be seen at wavelengths beyond human detection, be built in a way so outside of human understanding that to look upon them would cause one to faint. I don't think aliens have been, are, will be what we are expecting."

I am pretty certain that if there are beings out their that are intelligent, then they will be pretty much like us with the same five senses. They most likely will be quadrapeds (i.e. four limbs) and land lovers. Two of almost everything that is critical to survival; sight,audial, sinus, grasping, etc.

what is lacking for a truly beneficent almighty is a universe with an atmosphere that would allow travel from one end to the other and without doubt there would be others. - why make a void.

Forum List

Back