Was Adam really the first human and if so...

Adam and Eve looked like us, but were perfect humans. It's a wonder why they didn't they last longer in paradise even with free will and all they had to to was not eat from the Tree of Knowledge. What if they put a barrier around it? I would've had it moved to some remote corner of the planet. Maybe there was more to it than meets the eye.

But it's the truth if you believe the Bible story

You would believe that only if you didn't read the story.

When the children of adam and eve wanted to find a mate they went to a city...

Where in Genesis does it say God created all the people in a city?

If Adam and Eve were the only people created then there were no cities for Kane and Abel to visit to find a wife

Ok, so you never read the book.

You might want to take a look before you try to discredit it.

I read it years ago and found it not worth reading again

But I notice you didn't point me to a page in the bible that says god created millions of more people than just Adam and Eve

Genesis 4:16-26.
Every Myth Has Some Fact Behind It

Was Iraq named after the grandsons of Cain (Gen. 4: 18)?

Adam and Eve looked like us, but were perfect humans. It's a wonder why they didn't they last longer in paradise even with free will and all they had to to was not eat from the Tree of Knowledge. What if they put a barrier around it? I would've had it moved to some remote corner of the planet. Maybe there was more to it than meets the eye.
The departure from paradise is a metaphor for their departure from sanity as a consequence of being beguiled by a deceitful lowlife, and no one knows better than you what thats like..

Last edited:

It will always serve as a useful allegory. Indeed, it is important religious literature. Much of it was probably appropriated from the Mesopotamian, "Epic of Gilgamesh". Cultural diffusion is often a good thing.

Last edited:
The departure from paradise is a metaphor for their departure from sanity as a consequence of being beguiled by a deceitful lowlife, and no one knows better than you what thats like..

Hob's sharp, cynical, depressive attitude strikes again. You're such an inspiration, Hob.

Hob's sharp, cynical, depressive attitude strikes again. You're such an inspiration, Hob.

lol...awww, relax sweetness, I have done him a favor for which he can never repay.

Now he might realize just how close he came to screwing up his chance to live forever. Maybe not. Like you give a shit.

I don't have such high hopes for you knowing that you will be judged in the same intolerant manner that you are judging others with...

You seem inextricably committed to being a dimwitted racist moron dreaming of the good old days when pigmen roamed free.

What happened to you mr tough guy? You left your grandmothers basement after a few decades in oblivion to glom a case of beer, realized that not everyone was pearly white anymore, :shok: shit your pants, and had a nervous breakdown?

Not to worry! You in your awesome whiteness can still keep dreaming that one glorious day pigmen around the world will find their way out of the pigpen.

Last edited:
...did he look like us? And if the answer is "yes", then what is or was Homo naledi?

The Creation Story is a myth / allegory. That doesn't mean it's useless, however. It's just not what actually happened. Personally, I believe in Intelligent Design.
I believe GOD. I do not believe man's interpretation of data unobserved and unduplicated... But I'm sure glad you accept that GOD's design is intelligent ant some accident/freak of "nature".

...did he look like us? And if the answer is "yes", then what is or was Homo naledi?

The Creation Story is a myth / allegory. That doesn't mean it's useless, however. It's just not what actually happened. Personally, I believe in Intelligent Design.
I believe GOD. I do not believe man's interpretation of data unobserved and unduplicated... But I'm sure glad you accept that GOD's design is intelligent ant some accident/freak of "nature".
To be totally fair, the Bible is "man's interpretation of data unobserved and unduplicated".

Now for a bit of reality. Today one of God's Intelligent Designed slaughtered a lot of His chosen people. Doesn't look very intelligently designed to me! He looks like "some accident/freak of "nature"."

Last edited:

- ant some accident/freak of "nature".

though possible that also indicates the metaphysical from whence we came is self directed.

To be totally fair, the Bible is "man's interpretation of data unobserved and unduplicated".

Now for a bit of reality. Today one of God's Intelligent Designed slaughtered a lot of His chosen people. Doesn't look very intelligently designed to me! He looks like "some accident/freak of "nature"."

A lot of monkeys have killed people, too.

It's not the departure from paradise that I am discussing.

Nor am I discussing lying scum that even scum wipe their feet to get rid of like you.

It's trying to understand why the first perfect humans disobeyed God. I suppose it's because they did not believe God's word. Naivete on Adam and Eve's part? I don't think so. It's like people do not believe in God's word in the bible today.

It's not the departure from paradise that I am discussing.

Nor am I discussing lying scum that even scum wipe their feet to get rid of like you.

It's trying to understand why the first perfect humans disobeyed God. I suppose it's because they did not believe God's word. Naivete on Adam and Eve's part? I don't think so. It's like people do not believe in God's word in the bible today.

lol... The answer is simple. Why did you exchange your birthright as a rational thinking intelligent human being for a handful of specious falsehoods mixed into a bowl of irrational fairy tale porridge not even fit for a monkey?

Did a talking serpent convince you that because Jesus was crucified you can sin without compunction for the rest of your life and receive eternal life after you die if you spend the rest of your Sundays violating divine law and celebrating the torture and death of Jesus (for a nominal service charge)?

As if you didn't swallow that lie and departed from sanity decades ago..

Why was that?

Fear? Conformity? Its a cash cow? Didn't want to upset mommy and daddy? Worried about what the neighbors would think? How you would survive? Couldn't take a beating so you took the easy way out, lifted your skirt and bent over??

Yeah, a real mystery.

pft.

Last edited:
If they made Eve out of one of Adam’s ribs, why doesn’t Adam have a scar?

It will always serve as a useful allegory. Indeed, it is important religious literature. Much of it was probably appropriated from the Mesopotamian, "Epic of Gilgamesh". Cultural diffusion is often a good thing.
Israel and Azerbaijan

"Yahweh" is close to the way Jove was pronounced in Latin. It is also related to the Greek wandering god, Io. Its meaning is "Go, run away." It signifies the Genghis-Khan type invasion that drove the Indo-Europeans out of the Caucasus, spreading out from Ireland to India. The prehistoric Hebrews to the south of them were driven further south into the Middle East.

Anyone who literally believes the Biblical Creation Story has committed intellectual suicide.
Anyone who literally believes the Biblical Creation Story has committed intellectual suicide.
1 Corinthians 1:27

“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;”

Like the Pope?

Good point.... He has to say he does, when actually he doesn't. Catholic Biblical doctrine teaches that literal interpretation is inappropriate.Yet our admitting that in a Protestant country would prove disastrous, from a PR perspective. The Bible must be put in historical and cultural perspective.

1 Corinthians 1:27

“But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;”

Don't start, Fundie. I can produce a slew of totally insane quotes from the Bible. For example, please explain the story about 40 kids who were eaten by a bear, because they called an old man bald.

Forum List

Back