Was Adam really the first human and if so...

I read it years ago and found it not worth reading again
As Jews have said for centuries: The Bible is not meant to be read. It is meant to be studied. When studied--especially in the original language--it is easy to understand the original story is not even close to what atheists (as well as others) claim it is saying.

If nothing else, stop looking at it as an encyclopedia of knowledge. It is a book of lessons--a lot of oral history that was presented in story form.
So the talking snake is, uh, real??

Hasn't anyone ever tried to get you to eat Jesus in the form of a handy snack food?
Cute. Yes, one reason I can't be a Catholic is that I feel like a vampire when I drink someone's blood, and a zombie when I eat someone's flesh.
Ok, just kidding. :04:
Doesn't "celebrating" the torture and death of Jesus every other sunday and high holiday seem strange too?

Careful there, this meriweather character might try to get you to believe that it is a holy obligation..

And some people don't believe in talking serpents..

Imagine that!
If they don't believe in talking serpents, then to be intellectually consistent, I'm sure that those particular people have removed those verses from their Bible. :)

As Jews have said for centuries: The Bible is not meant to be read. It is meant to be studied. When studied--especially in the original language--it is easy to understand the original story is not even close to what atheists (as well as others) claim it is saying.

If nothing else, stop looking at it as an encyclopedia of knowledge. It is a book of lessons--a lot of oral history that was presented in story form.
So the talking snake is, uh, real??

Hasn't anyone ever tried to get you to eat Jesus in the form of a handy snack food?
Cute. Yes, one reason I can't be a Catholic is that I feel like a vampire when I drink someone's blood, and a zombie when I eat someone's flesh.
Ok, just kidding. :04:
Doesn't "celebrating" the torture and death of Jesus every other sunday and high holiday seem strange too?

Careful there, this meriweather character might try to get you to believe that it is a holy obligation..

And some people don't believe in talking serpents..

Imagine that!
If they don't believe in talking serpents, then to be intellectually consistent, I'm sure that those particular people have removed those verses from their Bible. :)

No,they just got everyone to believe that the serpent is an invisible disembodied entity instead of a lowlife prancing around in robes pretending to be a messenger of God.

So he created Adam like I said and you'll notice that you quoted "the man" meaning there was only one
He created Eve like I said

Eve had 2 kids like I said

YOU said Eve's kids went to a city to find wives

Where in the bible does it say god created more people than Adam and Eve in numbers large enough to make a city possible?

When Adam was taken from the dust of the earth and formed into a living being everyone else was living like animals. They built cities, but they were unthinking brute beasts and lowlifes.

"Now the (talking) serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. "

When adam was shown every beast that the Lord God also made he gave them names. When he was shown a conman he called it a serpent.

So Eve's sons took "beasts of the fields" as wives?

Nowhere does it say god made any other people than Adam and Eve

Yup. There were plenty of wild women to choose from in the city. And yeah, it doesn't say that God made any other people into living beings , it calls other existing peoples the beasts of the field that the Lord God also made. Just like Adam was an existing animal, taken from the scum of the earth, before he was formed into a living being.

If you thought about Adam being formed into a living being intelligently, you might understand the true subject of the resurrection of the dead.

According to the story a person is not a living being until he tills his own earth and subdues his animal nature.

Thats what Jesus meant by saying that a person must be born again, not by the fleshy desire of a human father that forms the body of an animal, but by the spirit of God that forms the mind and produces a new creature, a living- thinking intelligent and rational - "living being".

So the beasts of the field were people not deer, mice, wolves, foxes, bobcats. or any insect or bird etc?

That is the most ridiculous rationalization I have ever heard

Yes. But its not a rationalization, its the only answer that resolves every mystery including kosher law, ritual sacrifice, what Jesus was actually doing while living in the wilderness among the wild beasts, etc... The truth, the very truth.

Angels, demons, the living and the dead, talking serpents, talking donkeys, wolves, sheep, goats, cattle, rats, worms, parasites, bottom feeders, swine that do not ruminate, teeming vermin who go down on all fours, are all metaphors for people that reflect the heights and depths of human potential in the kingdom of God.
No what it is is your interpretation.

When Adam was taken from the dust of the earth and formed into a living being everyone else was living like animals. They built cities, but they were unthinking brute beasts and lowlifes.

"Now the (talking) serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. "

When adam was shown every beast that the Lord God also made he gave them names. When he was shown a conman he called it a serpent.

So Eve's sons took "beasts of the fields" as wives?

Nowhere does it say god made any other people than Adam and Eve

Yup. There were plenty of wild women to choose from in the city. And yeah, it doesn't say that God made any other people into living beings , it calls other existing peoples the beasts of the field that the Lord God also made. Just like Adam was an existing animal, taken from the scum of the earth, before he was formed into a living being.

If you thought about Adam being formed into a living being intelligently, you might understand the true subject of the resurrection of the dead.

According to the story a person is not a living being until he tills his own earth and subdues his animal nature.

Thats what Jesus meant by saying that a person must be born again, not by the fleshy desire of a human father that forms the body of an animal, but by the spirit of God that forms the mind and produces a new creature, a living- thinking intelligent and rational - "living being".

So the beasts of the field were people not deer, mice, wolves, foxes, bobcats. or any insect or bird etc?

That is the most ridiculous rationalization I have ever heard

Yes. But its not a rationalization, its the only answer that resolves every mystery including kosher law, ritual sacrifice, what Jesus was actually doing while living in the wilderness among the wild beasts, etc... The truth, the very truth.

Angels, demons, the living and the dead, talking serpents, talking donkeys, wolves, sheep, goats, cattle, rats, worms, parasites, bottom feeders, swine that do not ruminate, teeming vermin who go down on all fours, are all metaphors for people that reflect the heights and depths of human potential in the kingdom of God.
No what it is is your interpretation.
No, This revelation is my flesh, given for the life of the world.

I read it years ago and found it not worth reading again

So you happen to be an expert in the Aramaic and Biblical Hebrew languages?

Why do I doubt that?

Let's be real. The ADVERSARY is basically a disembodied fallen angelic spirit. He certainly could manipulate the serpent to speak. I do believe in demon possession of non-Christians but not of true Christians. I also feel that Adam and Eve could likely communicate with the animals when the material world was controlled by perfection (before Adam's Fall).

Last edited:
Why do I doubt that?
Probably because I never claimed that I did. On the other hand, studying with someone who did have Hebrew as a first language makes a huge difference. From there, try studying commentaries by people who do know Hebrew.

IS the talking snake real, or did the Bible get that wrong?
1. Do snakes actually talk?
2. Do you understand the difference between serpents and snakes?
3. How would Eve come to the conclusion a snake spoke to her?

As I said, studying the Bible is better than reading the Bible. Studying provides answers to these questions.

IS the talking snake real, or did the Bible get that wrong?
1. Do snakes actually talk?
2. Do you understand the difference between serpents and snakes?
3. How would Eve come to the conclusion a snake spoke to her?

As I said, studying the Bible is better than reading the Bible. Studying provides answers to these questions.
Not to sound like a jerk, but snakes are real and serpents are NOT! I also can't believe in the Bible's unicorns - sorry.
Your family is so good that they deserve a book that can't at all be confused with a fairy-tale - this gives them more certainty in life. Wouldn't a real "god" want to provide a high level of certainty to his beloved children, Meriweather?

I love you even more than Jesus does - have a great day.

Why do I doubt that?
Probably because I never claimed that I did. On the other hand, studying with someone who did have Hebrew as a first language makes a huge difference. From there, try studying commentaries by people who do know Hebrew.

In Hebrew the word for serpent, Nachash, is both a noun and an adjective meaning snake, brazen, shiny one, and or one who practices divination, what the ancients called sorcery, what we think of as mind control.

It is no small coincidence that the Pharaoh, who disputed with Moses who allegedly wrote the story, wore a serpent on his headdress and could talk.

Wouldn't a real "god" want to provide a high level of certainty to his beloved children, Meriweather?
Wouldn't loving children want to know and understand their parent?

I'll get the kind of day I deserve, but thank you.

Forum List

Back