Was a Faith in The Book of Mormon a Factor?

I agree with you. I have no issue with Mormons whatsoever... I occasionally get a tad grouchy with Baptists.... they are some of the most high and mighty bunch of faux Christians I have come across.

Catholics and Mormons... we scare the Baptists. LOL

I do think the Mormon thing was definitely in play in SC.... I think Newt's spat with the media also helped give him a bounce.... but the bounce effect don't last. It was a flash in the pan. I'll wait and see how Florida plays out.

I agree with you. I have no issue with Mormons whatsoever... I occasionally get a tad grouchy with Baptists.... they are some of the most high and mighty bunch of faux Christians I have come across.

Catholics and Mormons... we scare the Baptists. LOL

I do think the Mormon thing was definitely in play in SC.... I think Newt's spat with the media also helped give him a bounce.... but the bounce effect don't last. It was a flash in the pan. I'll wait and see how Florida plays out.

I remember when I was an evangelical... I would have had a hard time voting for a Mormon no matter what else he had going on.

Not that I have any love loss for Romney, but it seems a shame for the wheels to come off his American Dream because of his religion.

The polling data indicates that religion was a major factor in why people voted for Newt. What that means exactly, who knows? But I highly doubt they were voting for him because of his humility and virtue that comes from being a Christian.

Besides, Romney didn't loose because he's a pasty-white New Englander - he lost because the evangelicals of South Carolina would rather see a cheating Catholic who chooses his religion like a country club in the White House over a Mormon.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-accuses-the-gop-of-racism-2.html#post4707179

Wow, do you think they just might not like his politics? Why does everything have to be based on hate with you?

With me? :lol:

It's not about hate, it's an opinion based on observation and my personal experience as a Mormon fearing evangelical.

Besides, if it was about the politics and not the religion, Romney would have won in SC.
I'm simply observing a micro-manifestation of a prediction that Romney would have trouble with the evangelicals. I find that fascinating.

Besides, Romney didn't loose because he's a pasty-white New Englander - he lost because the evangelicals of South Carolina would rather see a cheating Catholic who chooses his religion like a country club in the White House over a Mormon.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...-accuses-the-gop-of-racism-2.html#post4707179

Wow, do you think they just might not like his politics? Why does everything have to be based on hate with you?

The exit polling indicates that those who supported Newt did so largely for religious reasons. Considering the data, it seems like a valid question to me. Im curious what religious reasons they were.

The exit polling indicates that those who supported Newt did so largely for religious reasons. Considering the data, it seems like a valid question to me. Im curious what religious reasons they were.

You Mormons are even more scary than we Catholics? :lol:

Yeah. We might knock on someone's door and invite them to change their life for the better:)

Yeah. We might knock on someone's door and invite them to change their life for the better:)

I know. Thanks for sending the hawt ones to my house! Lovin' that about you guys. LMAO. Bless them, they were homesick so they came back after they were done doing their door to door and joined us for a cook out. :lol: After which, they used to drop by every month or so, just to hang out.

Also, there was a time when I was on a train late in the evening and there was a bunch of drunk guys hassling me... and one of them came over and kind of pinned me against the wall... next thing I know, there's two Americans, in suits, one either side of me... suggesting he 'back off'. Saved me from having to break his arm so it was a win for all concerned. LOL. :lol:

Forum List

Back