Warren Explains To Romney Why Corporations Aren’t People: ‘People Have Hearts’

If your mother had told you that you were 1/32 Cherokee, and you were applying for a very desirable job where such information could possibly help your competitive chances of employment, would you have checked the “minority” or “Native American” box on your job application?

It's almost impossible to have honest debate with wingnuts these days - because facts and truth no longer matter to them. Now, they mostly spin and just make shit up - politics before country. Bullshit has always played a role in politics, but nothing like today.

You can say that again! Elizabeth is SO FULL OF SHIT!! Preach it Brother!

Warren may be 1/32 Cherokee like she was reportedly told. She may have milked her reportedly Native American heritage a little. However, what does that make her? It certainly doesn't make her unqualified for the office she is seeking. Does it...?

No, it doesn't. At all.

Just look at it through the Romney filter. If he did it, would they have a problem with it? No? Then there's not a problem.

:thanks:

If your mother had told you that you were 1/32 Cherokee, and you were applying for a very desirable job where such information could possibly help your competitive chances of employment, would you have checked the “minority” or “Native American” box on your job application?

If I was 90% anything and 1-10% something else
I would have chosen the box that represented the 90%....
But that's just me.

But some people like to cheat and game the system,if you will.
We live in a society where playing the race card is rewarded.

SCOTUS ruled that corporations are people. So what makes them so special...?

Why Is the Supreme Court So Unpopular?

By David R. Dow

A new poll found that 75 percent of Americans believe Supreme Court justices are influenced by their political beliefs. Of course justices are political! writes David R. Dow. That’s how they got to be justices.

You know the definition of a federal judge? It's someone who went to law school with his or her senator.

Yes, many judges are very smart people, but they don’t get appointed to the federal bench because they have the greatest legal minds. They get to be judges because they are competent and well connected.

So the New York Times–CBS News poll released Friday—finding that three out of four Americans believe Supreme Court justices have their decisions influenced by their personal and political beliefs—should come as no surprise. Of course justices are political animals! That’s how they get to be justices in the first place.

This has been true for more than 200 years, but clearly something new has happened. A generation ago, two thirds of Americans approved of the way the court was doing its job. Today, according to the Times poll, the figure is 44 percent. A 23-point drop in an approval rating over 25 years doesn't just happen spontaneously—something causes it.

More: Why Is the Supreme Court So Unpopular? - The Daily Beast

No one wonders why Mitt identifies with corporations.
It wasn't a "paper cut" and it wasn't a "trim", it was a "hack" job.

By David Taintor

Progressives who have any doubt where Mitt Romney, Brown and their supporters stand, Warren said at Netroots, should consider: Romney wants to repeal financial reform, says that people who are concerned about income inequality are envious and claims that corporations are people.

“No, Mitt, corporations are not people,” Warren said, to applause. “People have hearts, they have kids, they get jobs, they get sick, they love, they cry, they dance, they live and they die. Learn the difference.”

More: Elizabeth Warren hammers Scott Brown at Netroots Nation | TPM2012

So then the Millions of People who Own stock in, and Run Cooperation's are not people with Hearts?

You people are Pathetic. If Unions can Take peoples money, with out even giving them a choice if they want to be a member, Let alone if they want their money Funding Democrats. Then Cooperation's Should be able to do exactly the Same.

Or don't you guys like to play Fair?

Unions Represent only 10% of American Workers Today. while 60% own Stocks.

Hmmmmm.

lol

You guys are such fucking Losers. Really, Fuck Civility. This is war, I am sick and tired of Ignorant, Arrogant Liberals Ruining this Countries Future for my Kids, and spending their money before they are even out of Grade School. All the while Running around like you are some kind of Hero knights on White horses, that know what's Good for us all even if we don't.

Barrack Obama and the Congressional Democrats have Utterly Failed to Lead this Country. No Budget passed even. Need I say more. Complete and total Incompetence.

As Roger says in, In the Flesh Part 2, If I had my way, I'd have all of (them) shot.

lol

:)

But that's just me.

Why is it cheating if it's true - and it could be the edge you need to get the job?

But that's just me.

Why is it cheating if it's true - and it could be the edge you need to get the job?

It's not true....It's playing the minority/affirmative action race card....
Is it fair to those who are truly a minority to lose a job to someone who is 1/32 anything...

ZA-IL33.jpg

Corporations are actually defined as individuals for only some purposes; in Florida a person may represent themselves in Court, i.e.,pro se. A corporation must have legal counsel.

"People have hearts" is easy to understand, and it is true.

Why are you trying to confuse me?

:eusa_angel:

But that's just me.

Is it fair to those who are truly a minority to lose a job to someone who is 1/32 anything...

Says who? I have never applied for a job where "fairness" to my competitors ever entered my mind. Honesty, yes, but not fairness.

Last edited:

Says who? I have never applied for a job where "fairness" to my competitors ever entered my mind. Honestly, yes, but not fairness.

If you are 90% Caucasian and 10% something other and you fill out an application
saying you are the 10% other......

YOU ARE LYING ON A JOB APPLICATION.....IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE

Says who? I have never applied for a job where "fairness" to my competitors ever entered my mind. Honestly, yes, but not fairness.

If you are 90% Caucasian and 10% something other and you fill out an application

If it's true and legal, how is it a lie?

If it's true and legal, how is it a lie?

It's not true it's a lie....
If that's the way liberals live their life that's their choice....

You guys hold this lady up to God like standards just like you do Obama....
I see a pattern here....and it's not a good one.

A little bit Cherokee? Elizabeth Warren not alone in ancestry claim

By Mitchell Landsberg

Kevin Costner, James Garner, Johnny Depp, James Earl Jones, Chuck Norris, Cameron Diaz.

You guessed it (no, you probably did not). This is a partial roster of the people included in Wikipedia’s “List of People of Self-Identified Cherokee Ancestry,” which, inexplicably, does not include Elizabeth Warren.

A little bit Cherokee? Warren not alone in ancestry claim - Los Angeles Times

List of people of self-identified Cherokee ancestry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NOTE: Apparently Elizabeth Warren has since been added to the Wikipedia list.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back