Warren Buffett, Government Propagandist

coolgeee

Jul 21, 2008
NYC Area
“Believing that fundamental conditions of the country are sound and that there is nothing in the business situation to warrant the destruction of values that has taken place on the exchanges during the past week, my son and I have for some days been purchasing sound common stocks”

~ John D. Rockefeller, October 29th 1929.

I’ll tell you what the real purpose is behind Warren Buffet’s recent column in the New York Times.

Buffett writes, “Buy American. I Am.” He goes on to say that Americans should not panic and flee equities, but instead, they should buy them. That’s right – Warren Buffett wants people to buy equity stakes in American companies.

Buffett is doing the government’s dirty work in trying to calm the fears of the masses. That was the whole purpose of his column. He agreed to become an instrument for the establishment, and when Buffett speaks, people tend to listen.

continued here:

I’ll tell you what the real purpose is behind Warren Buffet’s recent column in the New York Times.

Buffett writes, “Buy American. I Am.” He goes on to say that Americans should not panic and flee equities, but instead, they should buy them. That’s right – Warren Buffett wants people to buy equity stakes in American companies.

Buffett is doing the government’s dirty work in trying to calm the fears of the masses. That was the whole purpose of his column. He agreed to become an instrument for the establishment, and when Buffett speaks, people tend to listen. The timing was perfectly executed. As the markets splintered and rocked the world of regular people everywhere, they were exiting their speculative adventures in equities and escaping to safe havens in their 401k accounts. And here was the respected, industrious, sensible folk hero, telling everyone that the fear felt by others should be a sign to us, and let that dictate our speculative strategy.

continued here:

This is silly and should be in the Conspiracy area.

Warren Buffett is buying stocks because investors are panicking and stocks are getting cheap. This is how he has built his fortune.

Buffett is doing the government’s dirty work in trying to calm the fears of the masses. That was the whole purpose of his column. He agreed to become an instrument for the establishment, and when Buffett speaks, people tend to listen. The timing was perfectly executed. As the markets splintered and rocked the world of regular people everywhere, they were exiting their speculative adventures in equities and escaping to safe havens in their 401k accounts. And here was the respected, industrious, sensible folk hero, telling everyone that the fear felt by others should be a sign to us, and let that dictate our speculative strategy.

continued here:

no question about it...

Money managers like Buffett usually buy large stakes in certain companies and then publicly announce it. The result is the stock prices go up and they make billions. Except in this case Buffett has purposely bought stocks that the government (i.e., the taxpayers) are going to bail out, so he'll get even more profit.

“Believing that fundamental conditions of the country are sound and that there is nothing in the business situation to warrant the destruction of values that has taken place on the exchanges during the past week, my son and I have for some days been purchasing sound common stocks”

~ John D. Rockefeller, October 29th 1929.

Buffett is doing the government’s dirty work in trying to calm the fears of the masses. That was the whole purpose of his column. He agreed to become an instrument for the establishment, and when Buffett speaks, people tend to listen.

continued here:

continued here:

Warren Buffet needs to speak only once in one forum.:eusa_eh:

This is silly and should be in the Conspiracy area.

Warren Buffett is buying stocks because investors are panicking and stocks are getting cheap. This is how he has built his fortune.

Do bear in mind however that in at least one stock purchase he made that I know of, his stocks are "prefered stocks".

That means that he gets paid before anyone holding common stocks.

I suspect that every multibillion dollar purchase he's made in the last couple weeks are that way, too.

You small investors won't be given that exaulted position when you buy your equity purchases.

Something to consider.

Forum List

Back