Warren Buffet owes 1 billion in back taxes, yet touts tax increases for everyone else

:cuckoo: It appears that someone has a reading comprehension problem.

All of the evidence presented thus far indicates that Berkshire Hathaway may owe a B in back taxes - not of it indicates that Warren Buffet owes back taxes.

Helloooooooooooooooooooo Berkshire Hathaway is Warren Buffett's company- he owns it, he is in charge of it and if he wants to pay that billion dollars in back taxes he can easily do it, he has not. There is the point.

He owns part of it. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation actually owns a bigger share. BH is not Warren Buffet, either. Its a separate legal entity. To say Warren Buffet owes 1 B in back taxes is quite simply a lie.

All of the evidence presented thus far indicates that Berkshire Hathaway may owe a B in back taxes - not of it indicates that Warren Buffet owes back taxes.

Helloooooooooooooooooooo Berkshire Hathaway is Warren Buffett's company- he owns it, he is in charge of it and if he wants to pay that billion dollars in back taxes he can easily do it, he has not. There is the point.

He owns part of it. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation actually owns a bigger share. BH is not Warren Buffet, either. Its a separate legal entity. To say Warren Buffet owes 1 B in back taxes is quite simply a lie.

The company he started owes back taxes of 1 billion dollars and Warren who is out there promoting higher taxes should man up and pay it. Quit the nonsense, he can, he won't. He would rather that everyone else pony's up. Berkshire Hathaway is a separate legal entity? then you agree, the wealthy hide money just like this in an attempt to get out of paying their fair share, Warren Buffett is not immune to this behavior, because he has just done it and is still doing it.

Last edited:
I wonder if he and Obama have struck a deal?? Makes you wonder does it not?? Now he is touting tax INCREASES for others, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder what he got in exchange for doing that??

Update: Warren Buffett’s Company Owes Nearly $1 Billion in Taxes | TheBlaze.com

You lie. He does not owe a billion dollars in back taxes.

Damn you fucking people.

Semantics you idgit
:doubt:

"According to page 56 of the company report, “At December 31, 2010… net unrecognized tax benefits were $1,005 million”, or about $1 billion. McCarty explained, “Unrecognized tax benefits represent the company’s potential future obligation to the IRS and other taxing authorities. They have to be recorded in the company’s financial statements.”
He added, “The notation means that Berkshire Hathaway’s own auditors have probably said that $1 billion is more likely than not owed to the government.”

Last edited:

Helloooooooooooooooooooo Berkshire Hathaway is publicly traded corporation. Buffett does not own it. He owns part of it and holds the position of CEO. It is not Buffett who owns $1 billion to the IRS. It is Berkshire Hathaway that allegedly owes it.

I wonder if he and Obama have struck a deal?? Makes you wonder does it not?? Now he is touting tax INCREASES for others, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wonder what he got in exchange for doing that??

Update: Warren Buffett’s Company Owes Nearly $1 Billion in Taxes | TheBlaze.com

Warren Buffet does not owe 1 billion in back taxes.

yeah, you should work on it

The company he started owes back taxes of 1 billion dollars and Warren who is out there promoting higher taxes should man up and pay it. Quit the nonsense, he can, he won't. He would rather that everyone else pony's up. Berkshire Hathaway is a separate legal entity? then you agree, the wealthy hide money just like this in an attempt to get out of paying their fair share, Warren Buffett is not immune to this behavior, because he has just done it and is still doing it.

you can't fix stupid, i guess.

So what if its a public company? He's the biggest share holder and can readily write a check from his personal account for $2 Billion and tell Treasury to keep the change

technically, Buffet does not owe the taxes personally.

Berkshire Hathaway, (As of July 1, 2010, Buffett owned 32.4% aggregate voting power of Berkshire's shares outstanding and 23.3% of the economic value of those shares) owes the taxes. Buffet is Chairman and CEO as well.

So what if its a public company? He's the biggest share holder and can readily write a check from his personal account for $2 Billion and tell Treasury to keep the change

As chairman and CEO, he certainly should ensure the company is current on all taxes. However, I'll draw the line at requiring him to personally pay them out of his pocket.

Sorry fellow conservatives, but I'm not in on this one.

As chairman and CEO, he certainly should ensure the company is current on all taxes. However, I'll draw the line at requiring him to personally pay them out of his pocket.

Then quit touting that everyone else pony up, I know he does not owe these personally, but the company he started has raised some eyebrows, and that alone raises suspicion, and it's all over the talk shows about 1 billion in back taxes that is owed. He can write a personal check to cover these and he has not done it.

The nonsense about his secretary paying more taxes than he does is a total fabrication and flat out lie. She is paying an income tax on what she earns while she is secretary, he is paying taxes on dividends and capitol gains, much of that money has already been taxed under income, this is second time it is being taxed. So if he is willing to promote a fabrication and flat out lie about this, he needs to man up and pay the back taxes from the company he started.

Then quit touting that everyone else pony up, I know he does not owe these personally, but the company he started has raised some eyebrows, and that alone raises suspicion, and it's all over the talk shows about 1 billion in back taxes that is owed. He can write a personal check to cover these and he has not done it.

The nonsense about his secretary paying more taxes than he does is a total fabrication and flat out lie. She is paying an income tax on what she earns while she is secretary, he is paying taxes on dividends and capitol gains, much of that money has already been taxed under income, this is second time it is being taxed. So if he is willing to promote a fabrication and flat out lie about this, he needs to man up and pay the back taxes from the company he started.

Plus, I don't care what the amount is, his company, under his direction has been fighting the IRS over this for the last 10 years. If he owes $ 10 bucks, a 100, a 1,000 I don't care he needs to make sure his company is paid up and current before he starts touting taxing everyone else and making sure they pay their fair share- it's time to man up and WALK your TALK, Mr. Buffett. Pay your bills.

Please... where did I tout everyone else pony up???

Please... where did I tout everyone else pony up???

I did not imply you did, but Warren Buffett is doing a fine job of it.

Forum List

Back