Warren and the Divine Right of Capital: Accountable Capitalism Act

Everything she says involves big govt.
She is the arch nemesis of our constitution.
Fucking totalitarian.
a9552920-f437-11e9-bbe9-91266fd151ff

She's read the Constitution.
Her ACA would require corporations that claim the legal right of personhood to accept the moral obligations of personhood.
What's your problem with that?

Accountable Capitalism Act - Wikipedia

"Section 3 of the Act would establish an 'Office of United States Corporations', with a director appointed by the President on consent of the Senate, at the Department of Commerce to grant charters to large federal corporations, and monitor compliance with the Act's requirements.

"Section 4 requires corporations with over $1 billion in tax receipts to obtain a federal charter.

"Section 5(b)(2) requires US corporations to have the purpose of 'creating a general public benefit', while section 5(c) requires that directors have a duty to consider the interests of shareholders, employees (including of subsidiaries and suppliers), customers, the community, environment, and the long-term."

Her ACA would require corporations that claim the legal right of personhood to accept the moral obligations of personhood.

Warren deciding what are "moral obligations" is a problem for me.

requires that directors have a duty to consider the interests of shareholders, employees (including of subsidiaries and suppliers), customers, the community, environment, and the long-term

Every liberal who feels this way should definitely run their own corporations that way.
If they own 100% of the stock, they make 100% of the decisions.
Every liberal who feels this way should definitely run their own corporations that way.
Who does most of the work?

The Divine Right of Capital by Marjorie Kelly: A Summary

"Chapter 2: Lords of the Earth

"The Principle of Privilege:
Stockholders claim wealth they do little to create, much as nobles claimed privilege they did not earn.

"'If equality under the law is the hallmark of democracy, privilege sanctioned by law is the hallmark of aristocracy.'

"Just as feudal lords extracted wealth from serfs on their lands, today’s aristocracy does the same with corporations. Privilege – the right of the aristocracy – is 'a right to income detached from productivity.'"

Who does most of the work?

Employees, the people who are free to quit if they feel they are being mistreated.

Stockholders claim wealth they do little to create

Sounds easy. You should try. Be sure to pay your employees all the earnings.

Why not stop all the pretense and just have The State take over all business?

It's already clear that you and Princess Lying Rug are Marxists, so just be done with it.
What's your problem with bringing democracy (not the state) to the workplace?

"With the Reward Work Act, the Accountable Capitalism Act is the second recent proposal to give employees a right to elect representatives on a company board of directors.

"The United States is in a minority of countries in the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development that gives no representation of the workforce in corporate governance.[2]

"The Bill's explanatory document states that it seeks to borrow 'from the successful approach in Germany and other developed economies', by introducing that right."
It is owned by someone-not the workers-if they want to own it, either put in equity or buy stock. Are we going to make parenting a Democracy too?

Love that idea of those working being allowed to elect the heads of companies. We all like George, he can't add two plus two but he would be great management though because he always let's us take time off to golf.

Why not just outright give the share's of the shareholders to the employees?
Or tax shareholder (unearned) income at twice the rate of the income of productive workers.:14:

1*IgMrOf4gjSurcueCsHoV6Q.jpeg

How do you square this circle: The structure and legal basis of the modern MAGA corporation bears a great deal of resemblance to feudal estates, and this reality is at odds in an era that claims to value democracy over the Divine Right of Kings?

Warren has a plan:

"The Accountable Capitalism Act, 115th Congress (2017-2018) S. 3348 is a proposed federal bill introduced by Senator Elizabeth Warren in August 2018.

"It would require that employees elect 40% of a board of directors of any corporation with over $1 billion in tax receipts, and that 75% of shareholders and directors must approve any political spending.

"Corporations with revenue over $1 billion would be required to obtain a federal corporate charter.

"The Act contains a 'constituency statute' that would give directors a duty of 'creating a general public benefit' with regard to a corporation's stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, and the environment, and the interests of the enterprise in the long-term.[1]"

The US is among a minority of OECD countries that gives no representation to the workforce (majority) in corporate governance.

For years Warren has claimed "corporations are not people."

Now her Accountable Capitalism Act demands that corporations that claim the legal rights of personhood should be legally required to accept the moral obligations of personhood.
If you don't like Capitalism, sell your computer and delete your USMB account.
If you don't like Capitalism, sell your computer and delete your USMB account.
You "think" like one of Trump's slaves.
Why do you support income without productivity?

"'If equality under the law is the hallmark of democracy, privilege sanctioned by law is the hallmark of aristocracy.'

"Just as feudal lords extracted wealth from serfs on their lands, today’s aristocracy does the same with corporations.

"Privilege – the right of the aristocracy – is 'a right to income detached from productivity.'
main-qimg-77814cf3e0beb07c72490f1546859017

"After the fall of the Roman empire, the feudal lords emerged as a source of order.

"They played a valuable role in bringing social stability, but over time this role and its associated responsibilities faded – and the benefits did not.

"The same has happened with stockholders today."

How do you square this circle: The structure and legal basis of the modern MAGA corporation bears a great deal of resemblance to feudal estates, and this reality is at odds in an era that claims to value democracy over the Divine Right of Kings?

Warren has a plan:

"The Accountable Capitalism Act, 115th Congress (2017-2018) S. 3348 is a proposed federal bill introduced by Senator Elizabeth Warren in August 2018.

"It would require that employees elect 40% of a board of directors of any corporation with over $1 billion in tax receipts, and that 75% of shareholders and directors must approve any political spending.

"Corporations with revenue over $1 billion would be required to obtain a federal corporate charter.

"The Act contains a 'constituency statute' that would give directors a duty of 'creating a general public benefit' with regard to a corporation's stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, and the environment, and the interests of the enterprise in the long-term.[1]"

The US is among a minority of OECD countries that gives no representation to the workforce (majority) in corporate governance.

Now her Accountable Capitalism Act demands that corporations that claim the legal rights of personhood should be legally required to accept the moral obligations of personhood.
I owned a business once and decided who did what. If I had to share decision making,I would sell the business. Being boss is one reason you risk your money AND do extra for your workers.
I owned a business once and decided who did what. If I had to share decision making,I would sell the business. Being boss is one reason you risk your money AND do extra for your workers.
How many employees did you exploit?
What was your revenue?

"Capital Income + Retained earnings = Revenue – (Employee income + Cost of materials)

"Kelly uses some simple algebra to show that this formula could just as easily be re-written as:

"Employee income + Retained earnings = Revenue – (Capital income + Cost of materials)

"In other words, the company could just as easily be optimized to maximize employee income."

Sounds great! And then readers/viewers can elect 40% of boards for media companies and the support of 75% of readers/viewers would be needed before running any political stories.

"In other words, the company could just as easily be optimized to maximize employee income."

Employees are free to implement this plan at any company they own.
Sounds great! And then readers/viewers can elect 40% of boards for media companies and the support of 75% of readers/viewers would be needed before running any political stories.
What percent of productive labor do readers/viewers contribute to the operation of media companies compared to that of GM, Kulak?

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

"Capital Income + Retained earnings = Revenue – (Employee income + Cost of materials)

"Kelly uses some simple algebra to show that this formula could just as easily be re-written as:

"Employee income + Retained earnings = Revenue – (Capital income + Cost of materials)

Employees are free to implement this plan at any company they own
Never Underestimate Trump
Labor627_n.jpg

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

She was not smart enough to get into college using honest means, but now pretends she is smarter than all business owners combined.

And it wasn't even a business degree she cheated an Indian for...
She was not smart enough to get into college using honest means, but now pretends she is smarter than all business owners combined.

330px-Elizabeth_Warren%2C_official_portrait%2C_114th_Congress.jpg

" She was formerly a law school professor specializing in bankruptcy law.

" A member of the Democratic Party and a progressive, Warren has focused on consumer protection, economic opportunity, and the social safety net while in the Senate.

"Warren is a graduate of the University of Houston and Rutgers Law School and has taught law at several universities, including the University of Houston, the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Pennsylvania, and Harvard University.

"She was one of the most influential professors in the field of commercial law before beginning her political career. She has authored five and coauthored six books."

Elizabeth Warren - Wikipedia

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

" A member of the Democratic Party and a progressive, Warren has focused on consumer protection, economic opportunity, and the social safety net while in the Senate.

"Warren is a graduate of the University of Houston and Rutgers Law School and has taught law at several universities, including the University of Houston, the University of Texas at Austin, the University of Pennsylvania, and Harvard University.

"She was one of the most influential professors in the field of commercial law before beginning her political career. She has authored five and coauthored six books."

She specialized in bankruptcy law?

Today she specializes in bankrupting America. Thank god Trump will beat the fake Indian. The smoke signals have spoken.

Warren has a plan:

You were a private business which is different from the public corporations which Warren is addressing.

I think there are a lot of businesses for which it was detrimental to our economy that they went public. Banking especially.

This is a horseshit belief. The laws of our nation affect how businesses operate. Now Warren is trying to pass a law which would have a tremendous impact on how businesses operate, and she wants them to be gagged and have no say about her proposed law.

Fuck. That. Shit.

Business has every right to have a voice in the legislative arena when they are affected by those laws.

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

Love that idea of those working being allowed to elect the heads of companies. We all like George, he can't add two plus two but he would be great management though because he always let's us take time off to golf.

Or tax shareholder (unearned) income at twice the rate of the income of productive workers.:14:
I've got news, the last productive worker I saw was in 1998. Seriously, most workers don't deserve what they get, never mind MORE money! Let them buy or invest some of their pay in company stock.

Warren has a plan:

I think it's a good idea. Take it back to what the founders wanted.

Corporations used to have to do some of those things. Including telling the government when they will close down. In those days corporations weren't allowed to live forever.

Humans don't live forever.

I know I'm sick and tired of big business getting away with crimes. With maybe paying a small fine in comparison to the money they made from the crime.

The big Pharma caused the opioid problem. Thousands of people died. Families were destroyed along with communities. The companies and the executives walk away clean with maybe paying a small fine in comparison to the huge profits they made.

Equifax had a huge hack a couple years ago. My information was in that hack. It caused a big problem for me and millions of other Americans. I know I never had an account with Equifax. They gathered my information against my permission, against my knowledge and against my consent. Yet they didn't protect it. Then when it was hacked, they took their time to tell people.

Millions of people were harmed. What consequences did Equifax face? None. All they had to do was reimburse people money or give them free credit monitoring for 6 months.

If your company is allowed to collect data on people then they should be held to a much higher standard to protect that data and face very serious consequences when they don't.

Same with Wall Street and big banks when the economy collapsed in the bush boy years.

People and corporations who commit crimes should be held accountable including being sent to prison for their crimes.

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

Employees are free to implement this plan at any company they own
Never Underestimate Trump
Labor627_n.jpg
Labor without oversite is like Trump without the House???

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

I heard of two employee owned companies locally that went belly up-just sayin...

Everything she says involves big govt.
She is the arch nemesis of our constitution.
Fucking totalitarian.
a9552920-f437-11e9-bbe9-91266fd151ff

She's read the Constitution.

"Section 3 of the Act would establish an 'Office of United States Corporations', with a director appointed by the President on consent of the Senate, at the Department of Commerce to grant charters to large federal corporations, and monitor compliance with the Act's requirements.

"Section 4 requires corporations with over $1 billion in tax receipts to obtain a federal charter.

"Section 5(b)(2) requires US corporations to have the purpose of 'creating a general public benefit', while section 5(c) requires that directors have a duty to consider the interests of shareholders, employees (including of subsidiaries and suppliers), customers, the community, environment, and the long-term."

requires that directors have a duty to consider the interests of shareholders, employees (including of subsidiaries and suppliers), customers, the community, environment, and the long-term

Would you consider yourself a moral authority or just another greedy capitalist piggy?
morality-of-capitalism.png

Is Capitalism Moral?

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

For all her supposed knowledge on the subject, Warren told a whopper of a falsehood to the rube herd the other day. She claimed every dollar an insurance company makes is from saying, "No".

So she's either incredibly stupid, or deliberately lying.

Warren has a plan:

What was your revenue?

None and none of your business-obviously you don't understand a good employer employee relationship.
None and none of your business-obviously you don't understand a good employer employee relationship.
What role should shareholders play in that relationship?
feudalism-chart.png

Financial Parasites Have Become Neo-Feudal Landlords

New Topics

Forum List

Back