Warning: Xotoxi, DO NOT ENTER. Spiders!

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Spent the day in and near the Pond. Here are some of the critters I saw.

How many spiders are in this first picture? I did not see them all when I snap the pic.

rodishi-albums-mics-picture407-spider-three.jpg

rodishi-albums-mics-picture409-spider-big-mom.jpg

rodishi-albums-mics-picture408-spider-baby.jpg

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I saw the warning, I ignored the warning, I looked and now . . . my toes are tightly curled. Painfully so. <sigh> When will I learn.

Please tell me you used a super, duper zoom lens and that you weren't that up and close and personal with . . . . spiders!!

I saw the warning, I ignored the warning, I looked and now . . . my toes are tightly curled. Painfully so. <sigh> When will I learn.

Please tell me you used a super, duper zoom lens and that you weren't that up and close and personal with . . . . spiders!!

:eusa_eh: Why not? As long as you keep your blood pressure down when near them they don't even notice you half the time, and when they do they run. I love spiders, handled them all my life, love them almost as much as I love cats. Figures, all my favorite animals/insects/etc. are the most efficient hunters of their types.

I am one of those weird gals who love spiders! Whenever they are in the house, I just pick them up (with a towel or something) and put them outside, never kill them.

Those are great pics RodISHI! Now would I want THEM in my house? No way, Jose.....the cats might eat them! :lol:

No telephoto on the digital. I reached out and snapped for that first one hoping it turned out. Did not see the babies until I got it on the computer so I went back to get some more pictures. Sorry it scared ya. I gave warning.

What was the name of that song? "I don't like spiders and snakes....":eek:
Spiders are the reason people started rolling up newspapers. Make great spider wackers. You sneak up on them and go wack, wack, wack. Then, no more spider. Just spider parts.:lol:

I am one of those weird gals who love spiders! Whenever they are in the house, I just pick them up (with a towel or something) and put them outside, never kill them.

Those are great pics RodISHI! Now would I want THEM in my house? No way, Jose.....the cats might eat them! :lol:

I don't kill them either unless they come near me. When that happens, they're toast.

Yikes, spiders. I love them in theory, hate them in actuality.

But then I live where black widows and recluses hang out.

Luckily, I have the sense to know where black widows and recluses hang out.

I kill housespiders, sorry, but I don't want them in the house. They start out small, but there's nothing more awful than seeing a spider out of the corner of your eye and thinking it's a freaking mouse.

But as far as outside, I won't let the kids kill them and I don't kill them either. I've taught them to protect the green ones, which are garden spiders, and leave them alone or at the most, move them out of the line of traffic if they're in danger.

The only bugs in my house that need killing are the spiders themselves, and I have no qualms about it. Sorry. Unless it happens to be a poor lost garden spider...then he gets an all-expense paid trip to the rose bush.

Yikes, spiders. I love them in theory, hate them in actuality.

But then I live where black widows and recluses hang out.

Luckily, I have the sense to know where black widows and recluses hang out.

I kill housespiders, sorry, but I don't want them in the house. They start out small, but there's nothing more awful than seeing a spider out of the corner of your eye and thinking it's a freaking mouse.

But as far as outside, I won't let the kids kill them and I don't kill them either. I've taught them to protect the green ones, which are garden spiders, and leave them alone or at the most, move them out of the line of traffic if they're in danger.

The only bugs in my house that need killing are the spiders themselves, and I have no qualms about it. Sorry. Unless it happens to be a poor lost garden spider...then he gets an all-expense paid trip to the rose bush.

We don't have black widows and recluses around here, I don't think, but I'm of the same opinion. There is a whole great big world out there for the spiders - they do not belong in my house.

And just to add insult to injury, I lecture them about it before I put them outside. Figure maybe the talking-to will deter them if they think about coming back in. :D

Forum List

Back