Warning Will Robinson! Warning!!!!

i tried to download the malware free thing. it said an email would be sent but i havent got one yet

Here's a link that shouldn't need e-mails.

link.

Click on the Green "Download Now" button.

images

Which by the way, Ringel. Nice work hipping the folks to this. It IS a legitimate concern. So few of these type deals actually are.

I ran the stinger program. Seems I'm clean as I thought I was. I have AVG antivirus and Advanced System Care. They are really all you need these days.

Fake "Facebook Security Team" account asks for your credentials

An account posing as that of the Facebook Security Team has been spotted sending warnings to page administrators, trying to fool them into believing that their Facebook account will be suspended due to a violation of the social network's Terms of Service:

Fake "Facebook Security Team" account asks for your credentials

There was a virus like this involving flash player downloaded onto internet explorer.

I stopped using IE, altogether. It sucks. I can't download videos on it any more.

There was a virus like this involving flash player downloaded onto internet explorer.

I stopped using IE, altogether. It sucks. I can't download videos on it any more.

I use Firefox for everything, but I don't like all that junk Mozilla tries to load on me, every time I get an upgrade. That's nothing more than bloatware.

I use Firefox for everything, but I don't like all that junk Mozilla tries to load on me, every time I get an upgrade. That's nothing more than bloatware.

I use google. Firefox is too busy. Too many pictures and stuff.

When I was using IE I would get about 29 threats detected on my norton virus scan.

Since switching to google I have not had any.

I remember when I used to use outlook express email.

I used to get viruses all the time.

I think IE is the most virus ridden one there is.

I use google. Firefox is too busy. Too many pictures and stuff.

When I was using IE I would get about 29 threats detected on my norton virus scan.

Since switching to google I have not had any.

I remember when I used to use outlook express email.

I used to get viruses all the time.

I think IE is the most virus ridden one there is.

You can forget all about Outlook Express. There is no such animal with Windows 8. In fact, Microsoft dropped Outlook Express with the advent of Vista. I had XP X64 until about a month ago when I was forced to upgrade just so I could play Crysis 3. I figured I might as well since Microsoft was pulling the plug for XP Service Pack 3 in April 2014.

If you have the Microsoft Office package, you can use Outlook, instead of trying to rely on the trash e-mail programs that Windows 8 provides.

I never use the windows email programs they are all infected. I do without.

I have a catchall web based e-mail address, but I do use Microsoft Outlook to access my main home e-mail address. It's great the way it is set up, and I used Outlook for work as well.

Just had an "update Adobe" pop up on my screen when I booted up. Clicked on it and it took me to get3.adobe.com.
Do not download from this site (I did not). If you click on an Adobe update and it takes you there you'll have to look at the address bar to see where you are because the update pop up and site looks legit.

Did a little more research. This may be a sub-site of Adobe but why they use a sub-site for this update is beyond me. The one thing reported is that the get3 update, if it's legit, is buggy.

Forum List

Back