Warning Will Robinson! Warning!!!!

so do i do something or not?

Simple, if you see something like this don't click on it.

Just for the halibut, after reading the article I decided to run Stinger on this. If you all don't have stinger, get it and run it. Here's the astonishing results of my scan, the FIRST time anything has EVER been found on any computer I have ever owned:

scan.png

The reason I never actually GOT the fake alert? It's dependent on advertisements that use flash. AdBlock blocks all of these. So I was in no real danger from this virus.

Get Stinger here, and run it NOW: Stinger | McAfee Free Tools

That is all.

Last edited:
Just for the halibut, after reading the article I decided to run Stinger on this. If you all don't have stinger, get it and run it. Here's the astonishing results of my scan, the FIRST time anything has EVER been found on any computer I have ever owned:

scan.png

That is all.

Dude...I can't PM you no more.

What's up with that?

scan.png

That is all.

Dude...I can't PM you no more.

What's up with that?
No idea. I bet I can PM you though.

Which by the way, Ringel. Nice work hipping the folks to this. It IS a legitimate concern. So few of these type deals actually are.

For all you Firefox users!!!!!!!!

Yet another scam has hit the users. And this time the target audience is Mozilla Firefox users. This fake antivirus software uses a replica of Windows Update page to load fake antivirus software into a user’s PC.

Mozilla® Firefox hit by a fake antivirus
I've been hit by that one lots.

MM is right...Stinger flushes that little bit of electronic poo.

scan.png

The reason I never actually GOT the fake alert? It's dependent on advertisements that use flash. AdBlock blocks all of these. So I was in no real danger from this virus.

That is all.

Thanks. I use Adblock, just finished using Stinger on all my systems and it showed up on both Windows desktops.
Thanks for the Stinger advice!
One other note I don't keep personal info on my Windows machines, all my online banking, etc is done on my Linux machines.

Anytime you get hit by a popup message in regards to your computer being unsafe, and it begins to run a scan, if it's not a familiar message from your antivirus immediately shut off your PC. Reboot in safe mode and run malwarebytes. This tool is free to all and can usually catch worm if you are quick.

The best way to shut down your PC in a hurry is to hold down your power button for 5 seconds. When rebooting you will get an option to go into safe mode.

I recommend the following to keep your PC running smoothly. (All free)

Malwarebytes:

Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

Ccleaner registry cleaner:

Download CCleaner 3.09.1493 - FileHippo.com

Advanced Systemcare: Amazing software

Advanced SystemCare Free 4 Download Review for Windows XP/Vista/7 - IObit

Avast antivirus:

Download Avast! Free Antivirus 5.0 | Anti-virus Scanners | Windows Downloads - Yahoo! Downloads

Alert!!

Watch out for e-mails from trusted friends. It seems there's a new/rehashed bot/virus attack going around, if you open the link your computer will either be turned into a zombie or it will attach another malicious virus in your system that may be a key stroke logger, not good if you do online shopping or banking.
My wife received one that was an online money making offer, something a friend may or may not send.

Last edited:
i tried to download the malware free thing. it said an email would be sent but i havent got one yet

Forum List

Back