Warning !! Warning!! Will Robinson!!!

peach174

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
S.E. AZ
Don't download a program called Ascentive PC Speed Scan Pro. It's a program for fixing your PC errors.
Don't do it because it won't let you get rid of the program.
When you go back to the site they want to download another program called PC Doctor to remove the first program. Then PC Doctor said it could'nt download everything completely.
I got out of that and then found out it would'nt let me on the the internet.
It took me from 4:00a.m. tilL now - 11:40 am to get it all fixed.
It's a frigen nIghtmare. So don't use this program at all and be sure to check other sites like these that say they will fix your computer. THEY DON'T!!!!!
:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

I don't have MacAfee. I have Kaspersky. It wasn't about a virus it's about not letting you get rid of the program period!!
AND IT IS NOT FUNNY!

I don't have MacAfee. I have Kaspersky. It wasn't about a virus it's about not letting you get rid of the program period!!
AND IT IS NOT FUNNY!

Yeah it is funny and I was talking about trying to remove McAfee so I could install another antivirius on a PC I have.

The entire computer software thing is funny.

I learned the hard way and now I play it safe and never download anything.

Nor do I open any emails unless I personally know who they're from. And even then, if they have any attachments, they go right to the Deleted Items folder.

Last edited:
I agree with you the computer thing is funny, but It's a conspiracy thing I tell ya!!! A conspiracy!!!!!!!
It gave me a headache but I got it fixed.
Just didn't want anyone else to have to go thru it.

Leo Laport called in years ago when he called them personal confusers.
I wonder what ever happened to Leo....

Are you talking about Leo Laporte?
The journalist?
He still does The Tech Guy Labs on the radio and does blogs & twitter.

The journalist?

Yep that is him. I first saw him when Tech TV first started up, before it became G4.

He an Patrick something had a show on Personal confusers.

The journalist?

Yep that is him. I first saw him when Tech TV first started up, before it became G4.

He an Patrick something had a show on Personal confusers.

I watched him too, that was a pretty good show, learned a few things from it too.

Sooo..... everybody should use firefox huh?
Lots of people are using IE, that's why I put a warning up for those that do.
And what part of I got it fixed did'nt you get?
I think you need to go to bed like you said in another thread.
Oh - nevermind it looks like you did.

Sooo..... everybody should use firefox huh?
Lots of people are using IE, that's why I put a warning up for those that do.
And what part of I got it fixed did'nt you get?
I think you need to go to bed like you said in another thread.
Oh - nevermind it looks like you did.
You asked why it was happening. The answer I gave you is, unfortunately, the truth. It's too bad you have a problem with that.
Lets see, Opera is a great alternative if you don't like Firefox. I stopped using IE at least 5 years ago and will never go back, I no longer have the issues I had with IE.
I've discovered that if you're surfing with IE and you get attacked you deserve it, especially with so many other, better and safer, browsers out there to choose from.

Last edited:
Firefox won't let me play the videos here on the board. It said I needed a new download and firefox would not allow the new video play version to download.
I never had a problem with the software I downloaded it was removing the program that I had a problem with.

Firefox won't let me play the videos here on the board. It said I needed a new download and firefox would not allow the new video play version to download.
I never had a problem with the software I downloaded it was removing the program that I had a problem with.

Like I said if you don't like Firefox there are others like Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Flock. I wasn't recommending just Firefox.
What version of Windows are you using? The reason I'm asking is the Firefox download issue sounds fishy.

The only tune up site to go to, for morons running Winbloze, is PC Pitstop dot com.
They've been around since about 96 and have lot's of free services.

Forum List

Back