Warning.....warning.....warning.....warning.....

If you have in the past used Amazon.com, you could receive what you might think to be an email from amazon confirming your present email address, or a chang to your email address.

DO NOT OPEN THIS EMAIL. IT LAUNCHES A WORM...DO NOT OPEN THIS EMAIL...

Whoa...I just ordered a battery-operated fan through Amazon on Saturday, have 3 separate emails from them, which I presumed were 2 confirmations and one ad for something else and haven't opened them. Thanks. I won't open any now.

If you have in the past used Amazon.com, you could receive what you might think to be an email from amazon confirming your present email address, or a chang to your email address.

Whoa...I just ordered a battery-operated fan through Amazon on Saturday, have 3 separate emails from them, which I presumed were 2 confirmations and one ad for something else and haven't opened them. Thanks. I won't open any now.

Contact customer service and let them know about the emails you have received. My wife has already let them know about the phony email sent to her.

Contact customer service and let them know about the emails you have received. My wife has already let them know about the phony email sent to her.

Well since I did order something, I'm not sure which one might be phony and I don't want to open them to find out. I can look at my Amazon account and see if its been shipped.

Still, the more notice Amazon gets, the better to solve the problem. They either have a security breach or something else that would allow capture of their email address information.

Still, the more notice Amazon gets, the better to solve the problem. They either have a security breach or something else that would allow capture of their email address information.

My wife has contacted Amazon from the computer at her office. She has let them know what happened and will let me know their response.

I would reccomend that for right now, unless you have recently ordred an item from Amazon, do not open any email from them, and make sure your anti-virus is up to date.

I use them a lot. Thank you for the warning!!

My wife has contacted Amazon from the computer at her office. She has let them know what happened and will let me know their response.

I would reccomend that for right now, unless you have recently ordred an item from Amazon, do not open any email from them, and make sure your anti-virus is up to date.

Rather than opening the 3 emails from Amazon, I'm just going to notify them that other people have warned they have a worm amongst them. I already got the fan. It's only 5" but enough to keep me cool during a power failure when it's 95% and 72% humidity. I had asked both at WalMart and KMart about a battery operated fan, and the clerks both looked at me like I was from another planet. That was my first online order in many months, since I'm fearful of doing much of anything online anymore (other than irritating people on USMB!)

Rather than opening the 3 emails from Amazon, I'm just going to notify them that other people have warned they have a worm amongst them. I already got the fan. It's only 5" but enough to keep me cool during a power failure when it's 95% and 72% humidity. I had asked both at WalMart and KMart about a battery operated fan, and the clerks both looked at me like I was from another planet. That was my first online order in many months, since I'm fearful of doing much of anything online anymore (other than irritating people on USMB!)

I called amazon yesterday and was told that their "Servers are down" for repair. I then informed them of the worm that was planted in my computer after my wife opened a mail from them and wanted to know if they were willing the cost of removing the worm.

It tooks about fifteen minutes and threat from one of the Members of California State Assembly I know before I was told by a supervisor that indeed they would pay for any cost(s) incurred by this mess.

Once in a very great while its nice to that you can use such threats, especially when they are true.

Forum List

Back