Warning: Using a mobile phone while pregnant can seriously damage your baby

Shogun

Free: Mudholes Stomped
Jan 8, 2007
Study of 13,000 children exposes link between use of handsets and later behavioural problems

By Geoffrey Lean, Environment Editor
Sunday, 18 May 2008

Women who use mobile phones when pregnant are more likely to give birth to children with behavioural problems, according to authoritative research.

A giant study, which surveyed more than 13,000 children, found that using the handsets just two or three times a day was enough to raise the risk of their babies developing hyperactivity and difficulties with conduct, emotions and relationships by the time they reached school age. And it adds that the likelihood is even greater if the children themselves used the phones before the age of seven.

The results of the study, the first of its kind, have taken the top scientists who conducted it by surprise. But they follow warnings against both pregnant women and children using mobiles by the official Russian radiation watchdog body, which believes that the peril they pose "is not much lower than the risk to children's health from tobacco or alcohol".

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...nt-can-seriously-damage-your-baby-830352.html

:eusa_whistle:

From your article:
They add that there might be other possible explanations that they did not examine – such as that mothers who used the phones frequently might pay less attention to their children – and stress that the results "should be interpreted with caution" and checked by further studies. But they conclude that "if they are real they would have major public health implications".

there may always be "other reasons" for survey results. Hell, people get lung cancer without ever having smoked a single tobacco product yet....

there may always be "other reasons" for survey results. Hell, people get lung cancer without ever having smoked a single tobacco product yet....

Very true. And kids that never play video games are sometimes violent.

Just sayin.

Very true. And kids that never play video games are sometimes violent.

Just sayin.

indeed, and here we are with a FORCED rating system and RESTRICTIONS based on potential risk of violent influence...

say.. do you see where im going with this yet?

oh and some graduates of backwoods missouri colleges...

here.. lemme finish that sentence for you since you seem to have gotten captivated by a passing dogs ass:

..... have proven to be smarter than your average poster from the mean como political forum.

here.. lemme finish that sentence for you since you seem to have gotten captivated by a passing dogs ass:

..... have proven to be smarter than your average poster from the mean como political forum.

I'm still willing to bet money that you are the smartest person in Missouri.

that' probably true for now what with the national bowling convention going on in vegas...but when those folks return...

thats probably a bet that a bank would take as a co-signer of a high interest loan.

that' probably true for now what with the national bowling convention going on in vegas...but when those folks return...

Is it the giant balls or phallic shaped pins that would cause you to know the schedule of the national bowling convention? When they come back i'll still be showing you how this being knowledgeable thing is done.

:cool:

Unless of course you count all the SHS they've inhaled over the years. :eusa_whistle:

is that something you can prove or something that you assume must be the case? Is there really a dispute regarding cell phone use?

is that something you can prove or something that you assume must be the case? Is there really a dispute regarding cell phone use?

I'm not sure what "something" you are referring to.

If it's that pretty much everyone has inhaled SHS in his/her lifetime, then I consider it a generally accepted truth. If it's that this is the cause for their cancer, then my answer is neither.

that those with lung cancer MUST HAVE inhaled SHS at some point.

If you've got some evidence you'd better run to the CDC right now. EVERYONE has inhaled SHS? Wow, I can't wait to see your evidence!

now, would any of you goofy bastards like to tell me how the above study should be used to force pregnant off the cell phone?

that those with lung cancer MUST HAVE inhaled SHS at some point.

Quit being a retarded assclown for once in your life would ya?

Anyone that ever went to a bar or restaurant prior to the bans has inhaled SHS. Just about anyone that has ever walked in and out of their workplace has inhaled SHS. Of course it's not something that can be PROVEN according to your ludicrous standards, but to suggest it's untrue is just plain ignorant.

Forum List

Back