Warning to all 20 to 50 years old

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
Warning to all 20 to 50 years old

This Swine Flu is going to kill a lot of people in their 20's 30's and 40's because they are the ones with the strongest immune systems and are thus subject to Cytokine Storms that flood their lungs.

That is what is killing all those young healthy adults in Mexico. Being an old man, my immune system is not that strong, and the chances that I will have a cytokine storm are very, very low.

The same quick manner of death was noted in the 1918 world wide Spanish Flu outbreak, also H1N1. My great Grandfather Berthold Neubarth had six children who were young adults in 1918. During the height of the pandemic, two of them died suddenly from fluid in their lungs that was diagnosed as flu related pneumonia. Most likely it was a cytokine storm. Below is an explanation from Wikipedia. Unlike some of the articles in Wiki, this is accurate.

When the immune system is fighting pathogens, cytokines signal immune cells such as T-cells and macrophages to travel to the site of infection. In addition, cytokines activate those cells, stimulating them to produce more cytokines. Normally, this feedback loop is kept in check by the body. However, in some instances, the reaction becomes uncontrolled, and too many immune cells are activated in a single place. The precise reason for this is not entirely understood but may be caused by an exaggerated response when the immune system encounters a new and highly pathogenic invader. Cytokine storms have potential to do significant damage to body tissues and organs. If a cytokine storm occurs in the lungs, for example, fluids and immune cells such as macrophages may accumulate and eventually block off the airways, potentially resulting in death.

Oh, if you have any Sambucol medicine (Black Elderberry extract originally made in Israel) that is used to fight Flu, DON'T USE IT! It increases the potential for a cytokine storm and can kill you if you have Swine Flu.

the reason we haven't seen death's hear yet are have the medications to treat it and more than likely mexico those medications aren't in abundance. beside i would like to hear the number of people that have contract this thing. i believe its more than the 100 or so that have died.

One question I have is why no one here in the U.S. have died as a result while the death toll in Mexico is up to 80? How does the cytokine storm theory work in our country?
only 40 people have it so far in the united states and it is a milder form. When it kills 36,000 people which is the average amount of people influenza kills a year I will get worried.
No one has even died in the united states. All this scare is doing is ruining the tourism industry in Mexico and making the pharmaceutical companies money. Speaking of whatever happened to the bird flu?

Forum List

Back