Warning: tainted halloween candy

Truthmatters

Diamond Member
May 10, 2007
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUB79WJ9ktQ]YouTube - USA Food Supply TAINTED? . . . . .Halloween Candy? Melamine + Toxins? Mike Mozart of JeepersMedia[/ame]

You really believe this tripe? 10 minutes I listened to this guy, and he offers nothing even remotely resembling proof of his accusations. The hurt face, and holding a piece of candy just doesn't cut it for me.

He must be a ib.

I had heard of this too.

Despite Ban, Tainted Candy Still On U.S. Shelves : NPR

Business
Despite Ban, Tainted Candy Still On U.S. Shelves

by Oanh Ha

Day to Day, October 8, 2008 · China's tainted milk scandal is now affecting California's large Asian American population. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued warnings late last week that stores stop selling a popular candy imported from China and an instant coffee from Taiwan, but some of the items are still on store shelves.

Oanh Ha reports for KQED.

Melamine-Tainted Candy Found In CT - Health News Story - WFSB Hartford

Melamine-Tainted Candy Found In CT
Chemical Associated With Other Recalls, Commissioner Says

POSTED: 2:23 pm EDT October 1, 2008
UPDATED: 3:53 pm EDT October 1, 2008
HARTFORD, Conn. -- The Department of Consumer Protection warned consumers Wednesday not to eat "White Rabbit Creamy Candy," imported from China and distributed by Queensway Foods Company Inc. of Burlingame, Calif.

The candy was found on several Connecticut store shelves the week of Sept. 29 by agency food safety inspectors and removed, agency Commissioner Jerry Farrell Jr. said. Tests by the Connecticut Agriculture Experiment Station Laboratory have determined that the product contains melamine, he said.

I think most kids would be pissed enough at getting something called "White Rabbit Creamy Candy," lol. Maybe my neighborhood growing up was old-fashioned...but unless it was Snickers, Reeces, M&Ms, Hersheys, KitKats, or something else recognizable....we didn't touch it.

I think most kids would be pissed enough at getting something called "White Rabbit Creamy Candy," lol. Maybe my neighborhood growing up was old-fashioned...but unless it was Snickers, Reeces, M&Ms, Hersheys, KitKats, or something else recognizable....we didn't touch it.

:lol: I'm with you!

I looked at the picture and it looked sort of like a tootsie roll. I mean the shape and the wrapping looked similar to that type of candy.

The Chinese have all sorts of bizarre flavored candy. I have had milk flavored, plum flavored, shrimp flavored (no i'm not kidding)...none of them would I eat for anything other than sick curiosity...and I definitely wouldn't give them away for Halloween.

Why is Halloween candy in the Environment Forum? Does the white creamy bunny rabbit crap contribute to global warming, or what?

Given who started the thread, do you *really* need to ask?

My 10 year-old son found out about this and now he refuses to go trick or treating! He and a friend spoke over the intercom of his school this morning about this whole deal.

My question is this - how the hell am I supposed to poach my son's Halloween candy if he won't even go out trick or treating?!

Forum List

Back