Warning: Gravity is “Only a Theory”

Well, "gravity" is actually the combination of two forces. Curvature of space-time by mass, and motion by that mass.

The curvature that mass creates does not actually "attract" anything. It just stretches the rubber field of space around it inwards, to a certain degree.

The attraction is caused by the motion of that mass. If the sun just stayed still relative to the universe, it would just curve the space around it, and everything would just fly by along those curves and escape. It takes the constant motion of the sun to keep other objects travelling along in the curves it creates.

So how "gravity" works is a subject that can be debated if not understood properly. The above is my theory of how mass creates the illusion of gravity. The illusion exists, but it does not work the way popular thought thinks it does. Gravity (attraction) is not a force in and of itself, it is the observable result of two other forces acting together.

Last edited:
Yes, Gravity too is "Only a theory"
15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense
By John Rennie - Editor in Chief - June 2002
15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense - Scientific American

1. Evolution is Only a theory. It is not a fact or a scientific law.

Many people learned in Elementary School that a theory falls in the middle of a hierarchy of certainty--above a mere hypothesis but below a law. Scientists do Not use the terms that way, however.
According to the National Academy of Sciences (NAS), a scientific theory is "a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world that can incorporate facts, laws, inferences, and tested hypotheses."
No amount of validation changes a theory into a law, which is a descriptive generalization about nature.
So when scientists talk about the theory of evolution--or the atomic theory or the theory of relativity, for that matter--they are NOT expressing reservations about its truth.

In addition to the theory of evolution, meaning the idea of descent with modification, one may also speak of theFACT of evolution.
The NAS defines a fact as "an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed and for all practical purposes is accepted as 'true.'" The fossil record and abundant other evidence testify that organisms have evolved through time. Although no one observed those transformations, the indirect evidence is clear, unambiguous and compelling."...."
`

STILL no answer to ANY of my strings by Mental-institution Lutroo, or Stealth Kweationist 'Boss'.
`

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?
I've asked the same question a number of times and never got an answer.
Bump for two. Table with silver platter.

There are many gaps, holes, unexplainable missing pieces in the THEORY of evolution, ergo, NOT FACT. For centuries, man thought the world to be flat, then proved that THEORY to be incorrect. You don't know for a FACT, 100% certainty that evolution is the ONLY explanation as to how man came to be.

There are many gaps, holes, unexplainable missing pieces in the THEORY of evolution, ergo, NOT FACT. For centuries, man thought the world to be flat, then proved that THEORY to be incorrect. You don't know for a FACT, 100% certainty that evolution is the ONLY explanation as to how man came to be.
Evolution, Like Gravity is a FACT.
It gets confirmed every single day, with every new fossil find, as sure as if you dropped something it goes 'down.'

In the 150 years+ Since Darwin proposed it, science/Sciences have exploded like never before in history.
EVERY New science that is relevant to it, is consist with, or helps Confirm it. (Carbon Dating, DNA analysis, etc)

Only because Evolution IS true, we can, and do, Predict what intermediate species will be found.
AND just ONE of any of Millions of Fossils not found in the right Strata/chrono-order could have disproved it
And yet it hasn't happened.
Evo is a FACT, sure as Gravity. Always works.
`

Last edited:
Evolution, archeology, religion, gravity, all theories that undergo revisions continually. That's why they're not facts.
No, that's very wrong and the [missed] point of the string.
Above are all Science/sciences and FACT-based except Religion, which is FAITH-based.
Science changes with New discovery/evidence; religion has No evidence.

`
Archeology continues to prove the evidence of religions. i.e. the flood, the Anunnaki, Puma Punku,the Nazca lines, Tiwanaku, the pyramids of Egypt and the Maya, Stone Henge. A lot of religion is history based.

And science has proved much magic with the ATOM being 80% empty space, and no one knows how they stay together. That makes you 80% empty space, even though you are 70% water, because the atoms that make up the molecules of the water are 80% empty space too. That goes a long way to proving the possibility of God. They've even found what they call the "God particle". Now why would scientists call it that if there was NO evidence?
Fucking bullshit. There was never a worldwide flood. And where do you find Stonehenge in the Bible? That there have always been religions is well known. We seem to have a thirst for explanations of what we see in this world around us. However, until we developed the rigors of the scientific method, those explanations were nothing more than smoke and mirrors.

Not a fact, it is a theory, big difference. And if we descended from an ape, why are there still apes?
I've asked the same question a number of times and never got an answer.
Bump for two. Table with silver platter.

Silly ass, the earth was proven to be round, and that circumferance measured, over 2200 years ago.

Eratosthenes' Calculation of Earth's Circumference

n 240 B.C., the Greek astronomer Eratosthenes made the first good measurement of the size of Earth. By noting the angles of shadows in two cities on the Summer Solstice, and by performing the right calculations using his knowledge of geometry and the distance between the cities, Eratosthenes was able to make a remarkably accurate calculation of the circumference of Earth. Let's take a closer look at how he did it!

Eratosthenes lived in the city of Alexandria, near the mouth of the Nile River by the Mediterranean coast, in northern Egypt. He knew that on a certain day each year, the Summer Solstice, in the town of Syene in southern Egypt, there was no shadow at the bottom of a well. He realized that this meant the Sun was directly overhead in Syene at noon on that day each year.

Eratosthenes knew that the Sun was never directly overhead, even on the Summer Solstice, in his home city of Alexandria, which is further north than Syene. He realized that he could determine how far away from directly overhead the Sun was in Alexandria by measuring the angle formed by a shadow from a vertical object. He measured the length of the shadow of a tall tower in Alexandria, and used simple geometry to calculate the angle between the shadow and the vertical tower. This angle turned out to be about 7.2 degrees.

Next, Eratosthenes used a bit more geometry to reason that the shadow's angle would be the same as the angle between Alexandria and Syene as measured from the Earth's center. Conveniently, 7.2 degrees is 1/50th of a full circle ( 50 x 7.2° = 360° ). Eratosthenes understood that if he could determine the distance between Alexandria and Syene, he would merely have to multiply that distance by 50 to find the circumference of Earth!

Eratosthenes' Calculation of Earth's Circumference

Gravity really is only a theory. They are still looking for the God Particle which would be that particle that gives the atom mass. Mass is why there is such a thing as gravity. Gravity is merely the physical manifestation of one object's attraction to another object. Once they find that particle gravity won't be a theory any more. That's what the super collider is supposed to do.

Until then the theory of gravity will only be a theory because there is no explanation of what it is.

Wrong.

The Copernician Theory has been proven. Yet, it is still considered a theory.

Wrong...once a theory has been "proven", then it's a fact. So many think they know what they don't.

Actually, things fall to earth because Liberals suck. If we taxed the hell out of green energy projects, we would all be able to fly.
Con logic. You've been listening to Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann again haven't you. Proud to be stupid.
Look, that is simply not true. A theory is high as it gets in science. It is a broad overarching explanation for a group of phenomena supported by observations, evidence, and facts. Facts are subordinate to Theory in science. And you can never prove a theory to be right. That is always open to falsification by observations, evidence, and facts.

Gravity really is only a theory. They are still looking for the God Particle which would be that particle that gives the atom mass. Mass is why there is such a thing as gravity. Gravity is merely the physical manifestation of one object's attraction to another object. Once they find that particle gravity won't be a theory any more. That's what the super collider is supposed to do.

Until then the theory of gravity will only be a theory because there is no explanation of what it is.

Wrong.

Wrong...once a theory has been "proven", then it's a fact. So many think they know what they don't.

Actually, things fall to earth because Liberals suck. If we taxed the hell out of green energy projects, we would all be able to fly.
Con logic. You've been listening to Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann again haven't you. Proud to be stupid.
Look, that is simply not true. A theory is high as it gets in science. It is a broad overarching explanation for a group of phenomena supported by observations, evidence, and facts. Facts are subordinate to Theory in science. And you can never prove a theory to be right. That is always open to falsification by observations, evidence, and facts.

Wrong.

So, you admit that you could be wrong, thank you.

Look, you are obviously completely ignorant of how science is done, or what the terminology in science means. ArmyT, there are countless sites on the net with information as to how science works, and sites devoted to biology. As long as you present willful ignorance as evidence, you will get the disdain of people who have actually taking scientific training.

Look, you are obviously completely ignorant of how science is done, or what the terminology in science means. ArmyT, there are countless sites on the net with information as to how science works, and sites devoted to biology. As long as you present willful ignorance as evidence, you will get the disdain of people who have actually taking scientific training.

if you could put down your pompous arrogance for a moment, you too may be able to understand that people can have a full understanding of science and disagree with your views. But you immediately jump to the conclusion that anyone that disagrees with you is stupid. That is called close minded. I am not denying that species evolved over time, I just do not believe that man descended from apes. And you don't have the facts to prove that. You think because I believe in creationism, that I am ignorant. Let me ask you one question, how long is a day to God?

.... But you immediately jump to the conclusion that anyone that disagrees with you is stupid. That is called close minded.
If you aren't blindingly stupid, you are brainwashed: the case with most godists here.
Of course there's no excuse for willfull blindness with info at your fingertips, indeed laid out in THIS very string.

LTCArmyRet said:
I am not denying that species evolved over time, I just do not believe that man descended from apes. And you don't have the facts to prove that. You think because I believe in creationism, that I am ignorant. Let me ask you one question, how long is a day to God?
And this only proves how you've been Mind-porked.
The Only reason you "don't" (read "WON'T") believe it is Genesis/your religious beliefs.

As well as all the info already posted by Old Rocks, I posted Several of Humans' 'anatomical Vestiges' from our previous Evolutionary ancestors, including the Coccyx/Former Tail stem location. AND/But...
You feel free to ignore info.

Why are humans any different for you? Goddidit. That's why.
It's BS indoctrination INSTEAD of (and that blocks) education.
`

Last edited:
.... But you immediately jump to the conclusion that anyone that disagrees with you is stupid. That is called close minded.
If you aren't blindingly stupid, you are brainwashed: the case with most godists here.
Of course there's no excuse for willfull blindness with info at your fingertips, indeed laid out in THIS very string.

LTCArmyRet said:
I am not denying that species evolved over time, I just do not believe that man descended from apes. And you don't have the facts to prove that. You think because I believe in creationism, that I am ignorant. Let me ask you one question, how long is a day to God?
The Only reason you "don't" (read "WON'T") believe it is Genesis/your religious beliefs.

As well as all the info already posted by Old Rocks, I posted Several of Humans' 'anatomical Vestiges' from our previous Evolutionary ancestors, including the Coccyx/Former Tail stem location. AND/But...

`

LTCArmyRet said:

`

Thank you and your ilk again for proving my point, I disagree with you and you call me stupid. How very close minded of you.. "either agree with me or I will brand you as stupid or brainwashed"........how very liberal left, intolerant of you.

In the craft I have worked in for over 50 years, we have little tolerance for willful stupidity. And we don't bother to be mealy mouthed, because a stupid asshole can get you killed or crippled. So don't expect me to cut you any slack concerning your willful ignorance.

We did not come from apes, we have a common ancestor. And have the fossils to prove it. And you have demonstrated with your posts that your understanding of science is almost nil.

Forum List

Back