Warning: Earth Needs More CO2

He also exposes again, one of the biggest lies of the AGW church:
When I was a schoolboy, my textbooks on earth science showed a prominent “medieval
warm period” at the time the Vikings settled Greenland, followed by a vicious “little ice
age” that drove them out. So I was very surprised when I first saw the celebrated
“hockey stick curve,” in the Third Assessment Report of the IPCC. I could hardly
believe my eyes. Both the little ice age and the Medieval Warm Period were gone, and
the newly revised temperature of the world since the year 1000 had suddenly become
absolutely flat until the last hundred years when it shot up like the blade on a hockey
stick. This was far from an obscure detail, and the hockey stick was trumpeted around
the world as evidence that the end was near. We now know that the hockey stick has
nothing to do with reality but was the result of incorrect handling of proxy temperature
records and incorrect statistical analysis.

I missed your post here - nice job.

Clearly the selectivity of global warming "science" renders it far more of a religious nature than actual science. The great irony is that so many who profess to believe in global warming also just as proudly profess a complete non-belief in the Almighty, and yet both belief systems are based upon the concept of faith....

When I was a schoolboy, my textbooks on earth science showed a prominent “medieval
warm period” at the time the Vikings settled Greenland, followed by a vicious “little ice
age” that drove them out. So I was very surprised when I first saw the celebrated
“hockey stick curve,” in the Third Assessment Report of the IPCC. I could hardly
believe my eyes. Both the little ice age and the Medieval Warm Period were gone, and
the newly revised temperature of the world since the year 1000 had suddenly become
absolutely flat until the last hundred years when it shot up like the blade on a hockey
stick. This was far from an obscure detail, and the hockey stick was trumpeted around
the world as evidence that the end was near. We now know that the hockey stick has
nothing to do with reality but was the result of incorrect handling of proxy temperature

Clearly the selectivity of global warming "science" renders it far more of a religious nature than actual science. The great irony is that so many who profess to believe in global warming also just as proudly profess a complete non-belief in the Almighty, and yet both belief systems are based upon the concept of faith....

with Al Gore as the prophet.

stalbert.jpg

You guys are obsessed with Al Gore.

It's very weird.

Meanwhile no one can deny that CO2 causes the earth to retain heat.

Still waiting for that to be disproved....

stalbert.jpg

stalbert.jpg

I disliked The Inconvenient Truth, too many skewed facts and fear mongering. We're not going to die off soon because of global warming, but it will impact our lifestyle, even in the short term.

You guys are obsessed with Al Gore.

It's very weird.

Meanwhile no one can deny that CO2 causes the earth to retain heat.

Still waiting for that to be disproved....

*yawn*

no one could deny that you're half a trick short of a one trick pony.

maybe you can take turns doing the c & p with rocks.

Truth and reason?

Every scientific society on the planet agrees with us, and the facts are irrefutable. CO2 causes the earth to retain heat, and we have increased CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years.

Still waiting on you to refute that.

Still waiting for you to answer the question I asked earlier, which indicates that you know that BIG GREEN dictates energy policy in this country , not big oil.

But the bigger problem is of a personal nature, shall we say mental, and your need is for a sense of importance, I'm going to help you, by dedicating a poem that might help you overcome this obsession with global warming:

For Chriss, Huggy, and the rest of their posse, by Jesse Jackson:
I Am
Somebody
I Am
Somebody
I May Be Poor
But I Am
Somebody
I May Be Young
But I Am
Somebody
I May Be On Welfare
But I Am
Somebody
I May Be Small
But I Am
Somebody
I May Make A Mistake
But I Am
Somebody
My Clothes Are Different
My Face Is Different
My Hair Is Different
But I Am
Somebody
I Am Black
Brown
White
I Speak A Different Language
But I Must Be Respected
Protected
Never Rejected
I Am
God's Child
I Am
Somebody

Retrieved from "http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/I_Am_-_Somebody"

Here's one article.

Global Warming Deniers Well Funded | Newsweek Project Green | Newsweek.com

And another.

Newsweek Hides Global Warming Denier's Ties To Big Oil - Democratic Underground

Lindzen, for his part, charges oil and coal interests $2,500 a day for his consulting services; his 1991 trip to testify before a Senate committee was paid for by Western Fuels, and a speech he wrote, entitled "Global Warming: the Origin and Nature of Alleged Scientific Consensus," was underwritten by OPEC. His research may be funded entirely by the government, but Lindzen himself -- his kids' college tuition, his mortgage payments -- have at least in part been funded by Big Oil and Big Coal, including OPEC for crying out loud!

And yet another.

ExxonMobil | Center for Investigative Reporting

Núñez’s contention is backed up by lobbying reports on file with the California Secretary of State. Those records don’t show precisely how much each company spent trying to modify or scuttle AB 32, but they do show that the world’s biggest oil companies lobbied on the bill, and that they poured millions of dollars into lobbying efforts during the months lawmakers were debating the merits of AB 32. Big spenders include ExxonMobil ($280,921); Shell ($1,182,717); Chevron ($1,832,467); and an industry trade group, the Western States Petroleum Association ($6,712,215).

Looks like millions.

A Really Inconvenient Truth | theTrumpet.com
"Take funding for global warming research, for example. Over the past decade, research intended to prove the veracity of man-made global warming has been funded to the tune of $50 billion, while global warming skeptic research has received a comparatively measly $19 million. That’s over 260,000 percent more funding for the alarmists!"

This is BILLIONS.

Truth and reason?

Every scientific society on the planet agrees with us, and the facts are irrefutable. CO2 causes the earth to retain heat, and we have increased CO2 by 40% in the last 200 years.

Still waiting on you to refute that.

Yet another overly broad generalization that either intentionally or by accident, leaves out the actual facts on this subject. The 380ppm CO2 value that has been assigned to today has been bested a number of times in relatively recent history - the overall average in the 19th Century was approximately 321ppm. The 20th Century was 338ppm. The highest 20the Century reading was in 1942 when CO2 rose to just over 420ppm. As such, our current CO2 levels are considerably lower than they were approximately 70 years ago - though it should be noted CO2 levels can and do fluctuate regularly, as opposed to the IPCC's version of relatively flat CO2 levels prior to widespread industrialization - such a
CO2 flatline has never existed.

Either way, take the time to review this information - information that was provided in another form earlier:

http://www.anenglishmanscastle.com/180_years_accurate_Co2_Chemical_Methods.pdf

Now you are just being silly....

Mauna_Loa_Carbon_Dioxide.png

European Tribune - Community, Politics & Progress.
Professor Delgado Domingos, one of the leading Portuguese environment scientists, gave a long interview to the Sábado Notícias [Saturday News] magazine, a supplement of the centenary Jornal de Notícias.
–“ There are measurable climate changes but there is also an enormous manipulation in reducing everything to CO2 and equivalents. The main gas producing the green house effect is water vapour. The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.”

Yet another overly broad generalization that either intentionally or by accident, leaves out the actual facts on this subject. The 380ppm CO2 value that has been assigned to today has been bested a number of times in relatively recent history - the overall average in the 19th Century was approximately 321ppm. The 20th Century was 338ppm. The highest 20the Century reading was in 1942 when CO2 rose to just over 420ppm. As such, our current CO2 levels are considerably lower than they were approximately 70 years ago - though it should be noted CO2 levels can and do fluctuate regularly, as opposed to the IPCC's version of relatively flat CO2 levels prior to widespread industrialization - such a
CO2 flatline has never existed.

Either way, take the time to review this information - information that was provided in another form earlier:

http://www.anenglishmanscastle.com/180_years_accurate_Co2_Chemical_Methods.pdf

Professor Delgado Domingos, one of the leading Portuguese environment scientists, gave a long interview to the Sábado Notícias [Saturday News] magazine, a supplement of the centenary Jornal de Notícias.
–“ There are measurable climate changes but there is also an enormous manipulation in reducing everything to CO2 and equivalents. The main gas producing the green house effect is water vapour. The present alarm on climate change is an instrument of social control, a pretext for major businesses and political battle. It became an ideology, which is concerning.”

EXACTLY - and this is very much in line with what the great scientist Dyson feels on this subject as well.

Nice to see a growing number of common sense folks kicking in the teeth of the hysterical members of the Church of Global Warming.

Well done!:clap2:

Kinda reminds me of Coulter:
"Though liberalism rejects the idea of God and reviles people of faith, it bears all the attributes of a religion. In Godless, Coulter throws open the doors of the Church of Liberalism, showing us its sacraments (abortion), its holy writ (Roe v. Wade), its martyrs (from Soviet spy Alger Hiss to cop-killer Mumia Abu-Jamal), its clergy (public school teachers), its churches (government schools, where prayer is prohibited but condoms are free), its doctrine of infallibility (as manifest in the "absolute moral authority" of spokesmen from Cindy Sheehan to Max Cleland), and its cosmology (in which mankind is an inconsequential accident)."

Just needs the catechism of 'global warming.'

EXACTLY - and this is very much in line with what the great scientist Dyson feels on this subject as well.

Nice to see a growing number of common sense folks kicking in the teeth of the hysterical members of the Church of Global Warming.

Well done!:clap2:

The real explanation for these prophets of doom is in Dalrymples "the persistence of ideology," which includes:
"Who, then, are ideologists? They are people needy of purpose in life, not in a mundane sense (earning enough to eat or to pay the mortgage, for example) but in the sense of transcendence of the personal, of reassurance that there is something more to existence than existence itself. Even in the most advanced economies, one will always find unhappy educated people searching for the reason that they are not as important as they should be."

Sad, but, ya know what, it keeps 'em off the street corners.

Lordy, lordy, all this yap-yap, and not a single atricle from real scientists supporting your idiotic positions. But then, you people have been divorced from reality for a long time. Anyone quoting ol' she/he/it Coulter has to be a few bricks short.

Lordy, lordy, all this yap-yap, and not a single atricle from real scientists supporting your idiotic positions. But then, you people have been divorced from reality for a long time. Anyone quoting ol' she/he/it Coulter has to be a few bricks short.

We've already quoted the scientists, fuckhead.

and Al Gore is SO much more reputable than Coulter.:cuckoo:

Human CO2 is a tiny % of CO2 emissions
Human CO2 is a tiny % of CO2 emissions
The skeptic argument...As human CO2 emissions are much smaller than natural CO2 emissions, man's impact on climate is minimal.

What the science says...
Manmade CO2 emissions are much smaller than natural emissions. However, the CO2 that nature emits (from the ocean and vegetation) is balanced by natural absorptions (again by the ocean and vegetation). Human CO2 emissions upsets the natural balance.

The carbon cycle

Consumption of vegetation by animals & microbes accounts for about 220 gigatonnes of CO2 per year. Respiration by vegetation emits around 220 Gt. The ocean releases about 330 Gt. In contrast, human emissions are only around 26.4 Gt per year.

Land plants absorb about 440 Gt of carbon per year and the ocean absorbs about 330 Gt. This keeps atmospheric CO2 levels in rough balance.

:eusa_liar:

:eusa_liar:

Is that supposed to be your nose going up Al Gore's ass?

My god!!!!! The earth is actually undergoing CO2 depletion!!!!

For the sake of all humanity, go out and buy an SUV, turn up the A/C, run the furnace at 78 degrees, burn as much firewood as you can - do this NOW to save us from certain climate change disaster!

The science says it is so - EARTH NEEDS MORE CO2!!!!!!

http://www.epw.senate.gov/public/in...Store_id=84462e2d-6bff-4983-a574-31f5ae8e8a42

I read down to the third sentence in his opening statement:

"I am not a climatologist"

and I stopped reading.

Question: Do you go to the Dentist, when you have a skin rash?

No you don't. Now, shut the fuck up and stop posting bullshit from non-experts to support your lies.

Forum List

Back