Warning!!! dems be aware of straight ticket voting

It would stand to reason that it would work for both parties.

Don't vote straight ticket, or don't check it and then vote individually for each candidate even if you're voting for only your party. Seems pretty simple to me.

Careful Silence... you know how logic messes with some of the kids on this playground.

-Joe

can anyone produce a case where the vote was flipped to a dem from a R?

He's another great example of you going off half-cocked and then defending your idiot claim to the death. Neither party is targeted by these voting anomalies but STILL you continue with your persecution complex.

VotersUnite!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avoid Straight-Party Voting
Straight-party voting laws are confusing.
Misprogramming often counts straight-party votes incorrectly.

by Ellen Theisen, posted October 19, 2008
Straight-party voting (also called "straight-ticket" voting) means selecting a single bubble or box for a specific political party in order to register your vote for multiple candidates of that party. Only 15 states allow straight-party voting, and the laws vary widely from state to state.
We strongly recommend: avoid using the straight-party option. If you want to vote for all candidates of the same party, mark each candidate individually.

Here's why:

Voters, and even some election officials, are not clear on the laws in their states. Even if you understand exactly how straight-party voting is supposed to work in your state, the election equipment may be misprogrammed and your votes may not be counted as you intended.

Misprogramming has often caused voting equipment to tabulate straight-party votes incorrectly. For example, recent misprogramming in New Mexico and West Virginia was detected before the election. But in prior elections, misprogramming caused straight-party votes to be dropped or counted for the opposite candidate, for example, in Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, and Wisconsin.

There is no way to know how many straight-party programming errors were never caught! There is no way to know how many will occur in the 2008 general election!

Update: 10/21/08. Straight-party vote-flipping has already occurred in this election on two different e-voting machines in Texas -- the ES&S iVotronic in Dallas and the Hart InterCivic eSlate in Houston.

If you are unconvinced, click here for the confusing details about straight-party voting, emphasis voting, crossover voting, crossover voting in multiple-vote contests, overvoting in the straight-party option, and details about different straight-party voting laws in individual states. The details are particularly confusing in North Carolina, Oklahoma, and South Carolina.

Last edited:
It's going to be rough for the next 2 years after the Democrats win in Washington in November. We'll see a lot more companies moving operations offshore.

It seems that McCain is the one who is pro-outsourcing of America's jobs

John McCain, US Senator (R-AZ), stated in a Jan. 12, 2008 article titled "Remarks To Americans For Prosperity Michigan Summit" on his official campaign website:

"Globalization is here to stay. That is not something to fear. It is an opportunity to be seized. But globalization will not automatically benefit every American.
Change is hard, and while most of us gain, some industries, companies and workers are forced to struggle with very difficult choices. It wasn't government's job to spend millions to save buggy whip factories and haberdashers when cars replaced carriages and men stopped wearing hats. But it is government's job to help workers get the education and training they need for the new jobs that will be created by new businesses in this new century...

Older workers can use their experience and work ethic to adapt to the challenges of the next job, but often the starting pay of the next job doesn't measure up. We should give these displaced workers who move to a new job a few years of supplement to their earnings so that the impact of their economic dislocation is not so severe. They will be less resistant to taking a lower paying job and we will all benefit from having their experience back on the job.

I have always believed that before I can win someone's vote, I have to win their respect. And to do that I have to be honest with you. So here's a little straight talk I know the people of Michigan will understand. Some jobs that have left Michigan are not coming back. And the answer to that isn't to raise false hopes that somehow we can bring back lost jobs but to create new ones."

Is outsourcing jobs to other countries good for America?

and I can't imagine we'll lose more under Obama than we did under Bush

Bush Promotes The Outsourcing Of U.S. Jobs

but you know, keep trying to turn Obama into the boogey man out to ruin our country :cuckoo:

It seems that McCain is the one who is pro-outsourcing of America's jobs

Is outsourcing jobs to other countries good for America?

and I can't imagine we'll lose more under Obama than we did under Bush

Bush Promotes The Outsourcing Of U.S. Jobs

but you know, keep trying to turn Obama into the boogey man out to ruin our country :cuckoo:

Bush, McCain, Obama. They're all pretty much the same. However, Obama plans on increasing the already high tax rate on businesses. Since the US is #2 in corporate taxes, a little bit more will further force businesses to save money by moving operations offshore.

Bush, McCain, Obama. They're all pretty much the same. However, Obama plans on increasing the already high tax rate on businesses. Since the US is #2 in corporate taxes, a little bit more will further force businesses to save money by moving operations offshore.

you know, it's really cute how you and the Cons throw out this imaginary second highest corporate tax crap when the reality is most U.S. corporations don't pay ANY tax at all due to Bush tax cuts and loopholes.

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | U.S. | Reuters

Because their ideas are failed ideas and they can not win an election without lies and fixed elections.

AskQuestions.org - Article: Who Really Pays Taxes in America?

a breakdown on who really pays taxes

Corporate Tax Incentives Fail to Deliver

Corporate tax incentives have been used in the past to encourage socially valuable behavior, like locating a factory in an inner city, for example, or cleaning up pollution levels. But with corporate taxes already at their lowest levels in history, there is very little room left for further incentives. In 2000, only 8% (of more than 27 million American businesses that filed tax returns) were subject to the corporate income tax.

Current tax law favors the wrong kind of corporate behavior. Global companies can park assets overseas, for example, and evade taxes that smaller, local companies still have to pay. Corporations can also justify excessive CEO compensation and executive perks (like private jets) because the tax code makes those expenses tax deductible. Economists argue that the current tax code encourages waste and fraudulent accounting.

Some claim that expensive US income taxes give advantages to foreign corporations who pay less tax in their home countries, but the evidence does not support this claim. Total federal and state corporate income taxes in the US were less than the average for other developed countries.

Last edited:
you know, it's really cute how you and the Cons throw out this imaginary second highest corporate tax crap when the reality is most U.S. corporations don't pay ANY tax at all due to Bush tax cuts and loopholes.

Study says most corporations pay no U.S. income taxes | U.S. | Reuters

What is cute is that it is factual. That study says that 57% of corporations didn't pay income tax during the period between 1998 and 2005, which included a recession. Did you know that if a company doesn't make any money one year (because of, say, a recession), they don't pay income taxes? (I CAN'T HANDLE THE LOGIC!!!! :cool:)

Nice try. You're cute when you're angry. :eusa_whistle:

What is cute is that it is factual. That study says that 57% of corporations didn't pay income tax during the period between 1998 and 2005, which included a recession. Did you know that if a company doesn't make any money one year (because of, say, a recession), they don't pay income taxes? (I CAN'T HANDLE THE LOGIC!!!! :cool:)

Nice try. You're cute when you're angry. :eusa_whistle:

I laughed, really hard.

Seriously, and investors in corporations that do make money are double taxed. The corporation is taxed on what it makes, and investors may be paid dividends which are also taxed. Woohoo for taxes!

I laughed, really hard.

Seriously, and investors in corporations that do make money are double taxed. The corporation is taxed on what it makes, and investors may be paid dividends which are also taxed. Woohoo for taxes!

She usually gets mad and leaves once I post facts.

I would like to see if that stat holds up on actual taxes paid after all the bullshit deductions that corporations take and not just on the published 'rates'...

-Joe

Forum List

Back