WARNING! 3 Days To Thaw A Turkey

It takes 3 days to thaw a frozen turkey in the fridge...I would give it 5 days to be safe!

I hate telling people on thanksgiving-eve to give up on the bird because it's still rock solid. It's too late.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up.

This PSA has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Thunk :)
try a smoked turkey, they are already cooked and they taste great

try a smoked turkey, they are already cooked and they taste great

I have and I love them!!!

But I feel so bad when I see some poor slob on here on thanksgiving-eve saying their bird is still frozen solid & asking what to do.

At that point it's too late :crybaby: :crying: :shok: :th_booboo: :wtf: :(

We're getting closer...start thunking about pulling that bird out of the freezer!

I heard on the news yesterday that washing your turkey before it is cooked can cause food poisoning. Sadly it was never said what to do instead. There's a shocker. (sarcasm)

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. WBIR is the station.

Seems like Thanksgiving has kind of lost its meaning/purpose in modern times. Just going to the store and buying what you want isn't anything at all reflective of gratitude, sacrifice and harvest.

^^^ Kind of lost its meaning/purpose in modern times? My question is how many people still do on Thanksgiving Day what the day is really meant for?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Indeed,,,, I took ours out of the freezer this morning and put it in the fermentation chamber I use to ferment beer. I set the temp at 38 degrees.
Wednesday morning I will unpackage it and put it in a large bin of salty water to brine it and to finish thawing if necessary.

**NOTE** - If on Thanksgiving morning you realize the ol bird is still partially frozen - you can immerse in hot water in the sink for 20-30 minutes and it will thaw it completely. DO NOT do this for more than 30 minutes, as that is the time the FDA states organisms will start developing in the water.

Also... do not put a Turkey out in room temperature for more than 30 minutes. The only exception to this is if you are dry brining with salt, of course the salt will prevent any nasties from developing

Tonight is the night folks!!!

If you pull the bird out of the freezer TONIGHT it will get 4 days of thaw time in the fridge before it's time to cook it.

Last chance to get your turkey out of the freezer.

It may be too late already.

Forum List

Back