WARNING! 3 Days To Thaw A Turkey

Thunk

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2019
Minnesota
It takes 3 days to thaw a frozen turkey in the fridge...I would give it 5 days to be safe!

I hate telling people on thanksgiving-eve to give up on the bird because it's still rock solid. It's too late.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up.

This PSA has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Thunk :)

For a quick thaw put your frozen turkey in the kitchen sink and cover in cold water....it will thaw in 15 hours

Saturday night would be a good day/time to take the bird out of the freezer & put it in the fridge.

Sunday night at the latest!

And don’t buy fresh turkeys in the supermarket....I have purchased two that was full of ice inside they were frozen and thawed :cranky:

But you do know Thanksgiving isn't until next week??????

Today is the 18th, T-Day is 28th. We still got 10 days to mess it up :thup:

How long if you leave it sitting out at room temperature?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Depends on how long it takes for the dog to smell it.
Which is why it pays not to have pets in the first place. :) :) :)

How long if you leave it sitting out at room temperature?

You don't want to do that.

By the time the inside is thawed the outside of the bird will be rotting (or "turning").
Thank you.

God bless you two always!!!

Holly

It takes 3 days to thaw a frozen turkey in the fridge...I would give it 5 days to be safe!

I hate telling people on thanksgiving-eve to give up on the bird because it's still rock solid. It's too late.

Just thought I'd give you guys a heads-up.

This PSA has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood Thunk :)

I take a 25 Turkey.... A veritable ice Boulder... Strip the wrappings and put it in the oven at 225 for 3 hours ...
At that point you can remove the innards. Once the innards are removed I add water to the baking pan, seal the pan with several layers of heavy foil and turn the heat up to
275 for the next four hours. At that point I raise the temp to 450 and once it reaches 450 I shut off the oven and let it sit for another 2 hours. Perfect every time.

Jo

Just giving an early warning so people have time to prep.

The bird should come out of the freezer and into the fridge on saturday night so we have less than a week.

Just giving an early warning so people have time to prep.

The bird should come out of the freezer and into the fridge on saturday night so we have less than a week.

Yeah I kinda figured that but couldn't resist a friendly yank on your chain. :113:

Forum List

Back