Warmist Says: It's Never Snow in Washington!

Of course that is the marching orders for the present. De-legitimize science, period.

So we can just all trust you ditto heads and your junkie leader. Or follow the spittle flecked Glenn Beck people.

Really, people like your self are so damned contemptable. Willfully ignorant, and willing to do anything to stay that way.

Okay, so I just got done speaking with a customer of mine who used to work in remote sensing. For those of you unfamiliar with that term, it means using satellites to gather information. He said the raw data was worked over really hard by the time it left their business. Sometimes the data that they "refined" was sent back by the group they were wroking for, because it was considered not useable for their purposes. Care to guess what company they worked for? Al Gore was a principal, if that helps. My customers conclusion was warming is a fake. Such a fake he lost interest in working there and took a job somewhere else.

Oh, okay, so one person you know thinks it's a fake and now you do too. Well that does it for me. Count me in!! :lol:

:cuckoo:

No, I've thought it was junk science for the last five years. I just found out from an independent source the data is cooked to the point it makes claims opposite to the raw data. When this person questioned the information they generated they were told, it is what we get paid for. The exact reason I have put forward on why supposed scientist continue the charade.

bewareglobalwarming.jpg

I rest my case with regard to politicizing the issue. Al Gore didn't do the science; all he did was gather the information and make it public--in lay terms. But because it was Al Gore, the threat of global warming doesn't really exist at all except in the minds of us tree huggers.
He claims the "science is settled", even though he wouldn't know scientific method if it fell on him. Yet, he's perfectly willing to run around chiding the rest of the world and profiting handsomely off of it.

Ergo, he is the one politicizing the AGW tall tale and deserves to be skewered at every turn.

Skew away. That still doesn't mean YOUR assumption is true just because you say so. Not by a long shot.

Okay, so I just got done speaking with a customer of mine who used to work in remote sensing. For those of you unfamiliar with that term, it means using satellites to gather information. He said the raw data was worked over really hard by the time it left their business. Sometimes the data that they "refined" was sent back by the group they were wroking for, because it was considered not useable for their purposes. Care to guess what company they worked for? Al Gore was a principal, if that helps. My customers conclusion was warming is a fake. Such a fake he lost interest in working there and took a job somewhere else.

Oh, okay, so one person you know thinks it's a fake and now you do too. Well that does it for me. Count me in!! :lol:

:cuckoo:

No, I've thought it was junk science for the last five years. I just found out from an independent source the data is cooked to the point it makes claims opposite to the raw data. When this person questioned the information they generated they were told, it is what we get paid for. The exact reason I have put forward on why supposed scientist continue the charade.

Well, until you can produce better sourced facts to back up what you're saying, it's literally meaningless. "It's what we get paid for" almost sounds like it might have been the final brush off for an annoying person trying to make excuses for something else--like not paying a bill or unhappy over a product or something. You know the type:

Why?
Because a, b, c, d, e, that's why.

But I still don't get it. Why?
Because f, g, h, i and j.

Well I was promised this and that, and...
BECAUSE IT'S WHAT WE GET PAID FOR. Goodbye...

You really dont understand the unpredictable weather pattens that GW causes do you?
You don't really understand the predictable effects of money and power have upon weather 'science' do you?

I do...

Misinformation Campaign

Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Ross Gelbspan blames a 15-year misinformation campaign by the oil and coal industries.

"The point of this campaign was not necessarily to persuade the public that global warming isn't happening," Gelbspan said. "It was to persuade the public that there is this state of confusion."

A 1998 memo by the American Petroleum Institute said, "Victory will be achieved when … average citizens recognize uncertainties in climate science."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The Global Climate Coalition spent millions of dollars in the nineties running ads to convince the public that global warming was not caused by humans and that joining the Kyoto Protocol was a mistake. However, its own internal documents said, “The scientific basis for the Greenhouse Effect and the potential impact of human emissions of greenhouse gases such as CO2 on climate is well established and cannot be denied.”

The Global Climate Coalition said it represented 6 million businesses. Amongst them was Amoco, the American Forest & Paper Association, American Petroleum Institute, Chevron, Chrysler, Cyprus AMAX Minerals, Exxon, Ford, General Motors, Shell Oil, Texaco, American Electric Power, Dow, Dupont, Royal Dutch Shell, Ford, Daimler Chrysler, Southern Company, Texaco and General Motors.

GCC's members and supporters included the following companies and trade associations:

* Air Transport Association
* Allegheny Power
* Aluminum Association, Inc.
* American Automobile Manufacturers Association
* American Commercial Barge Line Co.
* American Farm Bureau Federation
* American Forest & Paper Association
* American Highway Users Alliance
* American Iron and Steel Institute
* American Petroleum Institute
* American Portland Cement Alliance
* Amoco
* Association of American Railroads
* Association of International Automobile Manufacturers
* Atlantic Richfield Coal Company
* Baker Refineries
* Bethlehem Steel
* BHP Minerals
* Chamber of Shipping of America
* Chemical Manufacturers Association
* Chevron
* Chrysler Corporation
* Cinergy
* CONRAIL
* Consumers Energy
* Council of Industrial Boiler Owners
* CSX Transportation, Inc.
* Cyprus-Amax
* Dow Chemical Company
* Drummond Company
* Duke Power Company
* DuPont
* Eastman Chemical
* Edison Electric Institute
* ELCON
* ExxonMobil
* Fertilizer Institute
* Ford Motor Company
* General Motors
* Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co.
* Greencool
* Hoechst Celanese Chemical Group
* Illinois Power Company
* Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corp.
* McDonnell-Douglas
* Mobil Corporation
* National Association of Manufacturers
* National Lime Association
* National Mining Association
* National Ocean Industries Association
* National Petrochemical and Refiners Association
* Natural Rural Electric Cooperative Association
* Norfolk Southern
* Northern Indiana Public Serv. Co.
* Ohio Edison
* Parker Drilling Company
* Process Gas Consumers
* Shell
* Society of the Plastic Industry
* Southern Company
* Steel Manufacturers Association
* TECO Energy Inc.
* Texaco
* U.S. Chamber of Commerce
* USX Corporation
* Union Carbide
* Union Pacific
* Virginia Power
* Western Fuels Association
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luntz Memo on the Environment

It’s common knowledge that high-powered corporate lobbying interests and their government allies use public opinion researchers

March 2003

It’s common knowledge that high-powered corporate lobbying interests and their allies in government use elite public opinion researchers to coach them on how best to mask their efforts with inoffensive language to advantageously slant public perception.

However, it’s rare to actually get an under-the-hood glimpse of the formulation behind such propaganda.

Environmental Working Group (EWG) recently obtained documents from a briefing book compiled by the lobbyists’ top public opinion researcher. Frank Luntz is known as the architect of House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s 1994 “Contract with America,” and he has a “who’s who” corporate lobbyist client list along with a large number of conservative politicians. The attached 16 pages are part of a briefing book for lobbyists and Republican politicians on how to spin a variety of topics to roll back environmental and public health protections while avoiding a public backlash — like the one they experienced in 1995-96.

It was Luntz who helped sweep Republicans into power in 1994, and it was also Luntz who warned them a year later that they were overreaching on the environment:

Republican pollster Frank Luntz, whose work steered much of the “Contract” campaign, warned GOP leaders in a memo last July that 62 percent of American voters — and even 54 percent of Republican voters — would prefer to see Congress do more to protect the environment rather than cut regulations.

"Robert F. Kennedy Jr., who flies around on private planes so as to tell larger numbers of people how they must live their lives in order to save the planet, wrote a column last year on the lack of winter weather in Washington, D.C.

In Virginia, the weather also has changed dramatically. Recently arrived residents in the northern suburbs, accustomed to today's anemic winters, might find it astonishing to learn that there were once ski runs on Ballantrae Hill in McLean, with a rope tow and local ski club. Snow is so scarce today that most Virginia children probably don't own a sled. But neighbors came to our home at Hickory Hill nearly every winter weekend to ride saucers and Flexible Flyers."

Read more at the Washington Examiner: RFK, Jr. 15 months ago: Global warming means no snow or cold in DC | Washington Examiner

Yep--they have put out an "alber alert" for Al Gore & Robert Kennedy Jr. in Washington D.C. who have curiously disappeared in this massive blizzard.

But here's the Best of the Best from MSNBC--got to watch it--LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMWfDEPT2W4]YouTube - MSNBC Reporter Insists Record Snow Out East Is Due to Global Warming[/ame]

As a general rule, scientists can hardly be placed in the same category of politicians--always looking for the what's-in-it-for-me angle. If a scientist has lots of letters behind his/her name, he usually doesn't have to worry a whole lot about personal finances. They don't spend 15-20 years in school with the attitude that they're gonna be billionnaires, but that they might contribute their learned talents and resulting experience to society.
So... Mann, Hansen and Jones weren't looking for what was in it for them? Millions... no as just reported by Sen. James Inhofe on the Jason Lewis Show, over SIX BILLION has been spent on Global Warming hoaxers.

You don't think for one second that these scientists couldn't turn snake oil salesman at the expense of their ethics and morals... assuming they had them to begin with?

Human nature is corruptible by it's very definition. Even Vestal Virgins frequently if not almost always were not pure. Your precious scientists can be corrupted by ambition, greed and power just as easily as any other man. They are not perfect.

You're right on one thing. Many... not even most... do not dream some day of becoming billionaires by their discoveries. What they crave is even more precious and nebulous to achieve: immortality. Almost to a man, they want the immortality of Newton, Einstein, Salk, Pasteur, Curie, Galileo, Pythagoras.

Every one of them wants to discover the next great secret of the universe... and those that are weak in character, will lie, cheat and steal, defraud, promise false hope and besmirch anyone who dares discover a flaw. History is replete with snake oil salesmen. Filled with cures and powders, perpetual motion and deus ex machina of all stripes and sizes. From Rainmakers, to Pirelli's Miracle Elixir, to Phrenology.

This is what you are defending. A culture of fraud and corruption for fleeting personal gain, pride, fame and the sour hope that somehow, their lie will not be uncovered in time, as all lies eventually are, when age fades the illusions and memories no longer hold fondly to former allies.

But you can remain in denial, in a Pollyanna universe that all science and it's occult practitioners are pure and honest and good. I deal in a world where they are, like every other man. Fallible, callous, and shallow. Meaning the best, but often failing even a modest step in that direction.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Mortared and tarred with the blood of those who both stood in the way and the criminals who were finally run down on it's bitter slabs.

And who is Jim Inhofe other than one of the biggest perpetrators that global warming IS a hoax? I have a difficult time believing someone whose greatest source of campaign contributions are from Big Oil.
Notice a subtle difference here.

Inhofe... is a politician.

Mann, Hansen, Jones... are SCIENTISTS!

Inhofe is allowed to be biased for his constituents and supporters

Scientists are supposted to be IMPARTIAL listening and following the data.

I rest my case with regard to politicizing the issue. Al Gore didn't do the science; all he did was gather the information and make it public--in lay terms. But because it was Al Gore, the threat of global warming doesn't really exist at all except in the minds of us tree huggers.
He claims the "science is settled", even though he wouldn't know scientific method if it fell on him. Yet, he's perfectly willing to run around chiding the rest of the world and profiting handsomely off of it.

Ergo, he is the one politicizing the AGW tall tale and deserves to be skewered at every turn.

Skew away. That still doesn't mean YOUR assumption is true just because you say so. Not by a long shot.
Which assumption are you talking about?

It's warmer- blame AGW. It's colder - blame AGW. It's the same -Blame AGW. That is what CULTS do. AGW IS A RELIGIOUS CULT.

Forum List

Back