Warm weather causes 40' wall of snow isolates town

Do you wonder why it's raining not snowing in-----in Valdez, Ak? Katayusha - right over your head - huh?

:eusa_eh:

No, I wasn't wondering that at all. Because unlike you, I'm not an idiot. Just because it's Alaska doesn't mean that it always snows and never rains.

And please tell me you're not even more of an idiot than I initially thought, by trying to claim that global warming has made the difference between it raining that day instead of snowing.

The warm Japanese current?? people see Alaska and default to all snow.

Gee, an avalanche in Alaska? This is totally unexpected and out of the ordinary.

Gee, another dumb fuck comment from SE.

The warmth that caused the avalanche and melting snow is very much unexpected and out of the ordinary. It is January in Alaska.

Evidence that it was caused by warming?

And not a skier. Now that Alaska is so balmy, maybe we should all invest in farm land and resort property there.

Gee, an avalanche in Alaska? This is totally unexpected and out of the ordinary.

Gee, another dumb fuck comment from SE.

The warmth that caused the avalanche and melting snow is very much unexpected and out of the ordinary. It is January in Alaska.

Because prior to the invention of the Internal Combustion engine, our weather and climate were "ordinary"?

"It wasn’t just Alaska. Greenland has been about 5°C warmer than normal

So what? Shit happens.

I pity people whose intellect is so shallow that they have no choice but to resort to ad hominem attacks because the point their ideology forces them to make is so lame it won't stand up on it's own.

Get off your self appointed pedestal. Stop being an idiot, and I won't point out that you're being an idiot.

Alaska Avalanche Information Center in Valdez, forecaster Sarah Carter said “This was an abnormal event,” and Carter said “If we do have weather patterns that produce storms with warmer temperatures, we could indeed see avalanches of this caliber more frequently.”

And if Martians invade Earth, there will be more Martians on Earth. Doesn't prove that Martians exist.

Looks like the poor denialists just aren't capable of understanding what the word "global" means. It's third-grade level stuff, but it seems to be beyond their intellectual grasp.

In the USA, the average temperature anomaly for January 2014 was merely -0.1C, as a warm west mostly offset the cold east.

Average US temperature for January 'normal' despite winter storms | World news | theguardian.com

For the world, the January 2014 UAH temperature anomaly is +0.29C, according to Roy Spencer. That is, "warm".

UAH Global Temperature Update for January 2014: +0.29 deg. C « Roy Spencer, PhD

Forum List

Back