Warm Bagels and Heavy Winds

the wind is about 90 mph in Atlantic City and gusting at about 110 mph. moving north.

lots of rattling outside.

i just heard police are evacuating the brooklyn bridge. i assume it's going to be closed if it hasn't already been.

Might be a good time to close all the doors to your various rooms and stay away from the windows.

the wind is about 90 mph in Atlantic City and gusting at about 110 mph. moving north.

i just heard police are evacuating the brooklyn bridge. i assume it's going to be closed if it hasn't already been.

Might be a good time to close all the doors to your various rooms and stay away from the windows.

we have a two-bedroom co-op. lol. if we go where there are no windows we'll be in the bathroom. :lmao:

if there's a problem we'll move closer to the door. but i don't see spending the next 24 hours in the bathroom.

oy. lol.

have you ever been in a nyc bathroom? we're not talking florida-sized. :D

the wind is starting to get very loud now. i'm hearing stuff rattling around. including our terrace door sort of banging.

Did you board up your windows? Are you above the first floor? If you didn't board up, and you are over the first floor, you guys need to stay away from the windows. They can easily blow out in winds like that.

The only room in my house (in Florida) that doesn't have windows is my big walk-in closet. We've spent LOTS of time in there over the years. I usually take an inflatable full-size mattress in there with flashlights and lots of blankets/pillows/books and the kids.

Stay safe, girly.

Last edited:

we have a two-bedroom co-op. lol. if we go where there are no windows we'll be in the bathroom. :lmao:

if there's a problem we'll move closer to the door. but i don't see spending the next 24 hours in the bathroom.

oy. lol.

have you ever been in a nyc bathroom? we're not talking florida-sized. :D

I hear you. We had eight people crammed into a tiny hallway during Andrew, 4 of them ages 1 - 5. Just keep your interior doors shut then. It keeps the wind from getting into all the rooms in case one of your windows goes.

the wind is starting to get very loud now. i'm hearing stuff rattling around. including our terrace door sort of banging.

Did you board up your windows? Are you above the first floor? If you didn't board up, and you are over the first floor, you guys need to stay away from the windows. They can easily blow out in winds like that.

The only room in my house (in Florida) that doesn't have windows is my big walk-in closet. We've spent LOTS of time in there over the years. I usually take an inflatable full-size mattress in there with flashlights and lots of blankets/pillows/books and the kids.

Stay safe, girly.

we didn't board up anything. no one here did. and we're above the first floor.

a walk-in closet?

*sigh*

Close the drapes and blinds if nothing else jillian........ Its flying glass you have to worry about.

Stay safe Jill and everyone!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3eu1gW-bQ8]Bruce Springsteen - Atlantic City - YouTube[/ame]

Close the drapes and blinds if nothing else jillian........ Its flying glass you have to worry about.

good suggestion. i checked. all closed. they actuallyjust posted a warning to stay away from windows and doors if the winds become strong.

and a piece of the atlantic city boardwalk just went into the water. VZ bridge closing. marine parkway bridge closed. and in hoboken, no driving anymore.

landfall is supposed to be between 5 and 6. catagory 1 storm, gusting at 90 mph ... cat 2 starts at 96 mph

Last edited:

good suggestion. i checked. all closed. they actuallyjust posted a warning to stay away from windows and doors if the winds become strong.

and a piece of the atlantic city boardwalk just went into the water. VZ bridge closing. marine parkway bridge closed. and in hoboken, no driving anymore.

If it really gets to bad jillian..... hunker down in the hallway outside the front door of the apartment..... less outside windows there ya know.... but still inside and safe.

yeah, im watching on the weather ch.

If it really gets to bad jillian..... hunker down in the hallway outside the front door of the apartment..... less outside windows there ya know.... but still inside and safe.

what's astounding is it's still about two hours from landfall. wild stuff.

Greetings from Zone A (Jersey Shore).

So far so good. 35mph winds, 50mph gusts. Main concern is power because the condominium community where I live is all electric -- everything.

Winds have picked up considerably in the past three hours but we still have power. However the worst is yet to come and I can see a few tall trees leaning toward and almost touching some overhead power lines. It's a very unnerving sight.

If it gets to unnerving.. head for the hallway.

If it gets to unnerving.. head for the hallway.

could probably do.

Forum List

Back