warm and cold

Old Rocks

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2008
Portland, Ore.
Interesting pattern here

Arctic Oscillation Chills North America, Warms Arctic : Image of the Day

Snow fell in the U.S. Deep South, severe storms battered the East Coast, and International Falls, Minnesota, set a new temperature record: -46 degrees Fahrenheit (-43 degrees Celsius) on January 21. But in areas north of the United States and southern Canada, temperatures were above normal. In fact, unusual warmth forced residents of Iqaluit, capital of the Canadian territory of Nunavut, to cancel their New Year’s snowmobile parade.This map of the United States, Canada, eastern Siberia, and Greenland shows temperature anomalies for January 9 to 16, 2011, compared to the same dates from 2003 through 2010. The anomalies are based on land surface temperatures observed by the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Aqua satellite. Areas with above-average temperatures appear in red and orange, and areas with below-average temperatures appear in shades of blue. Oceans, lakes, and areas with insufficient data (usually because of persistent clouds) appear in gray.

Because this image shows temperature anomalies rather than absolute temperatures, red or orange areas are not necessarily warmer than blue areas. The reds and blues indicate local temperatures that are warmer or colder than the norm for that particular area. The overall configuration of warmer-than-normal temperatures in the north and cooler-than-normal temperatures in the south probably results from a climate pattern known as the Arctic Oscillation (AO).

Last edited:
Arctic Sea Ice News & Analysis

January 2011 compared to past years
January 2011 had the lowest ice extent for the month since the beginning of satellite records. The linear rate of decline for the month is –3.3% per decade.

Ice extent for the Arctic as a whole increased at an average of 42,800 square kilometers (16,500 square miles) per day through the month of January, which is about average.

Yep, it's certainly getting cold out there. The global temp average might actually drop by up to a whole degree. Interesting say whot?

UAH Update for January 2011: Global Temperatures in Freefall Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Strange article in which he says CO2 has risen 40-45% since the advent of the Industrial Revolution, then says...

It is interesting to note that, even though carbon dioxide is necessary for life on Earth to exist, there is precious little of it in Earth’s atmosphere. As of 2008, only 39 out of every 100,000 molecules of air were CO2, and it will take mankind’s CO2 emissions 5 more years to increase that number by 1, to 40. [Fair Use Excerpt]

It seems to me he's claiming in this paragraph that CO2 has only gone up 2.5%!!! What gives? When are you deniers going to make up your minds?!?!

Yep, it's certainly getting cold out there. The global temp average might actually drop by up to a whole degree. Interesting say whot?

UAH Update for January 2011: Global Temperatures in Freefall Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

Strange article in which he says CO2 has risen 40-45% since the advent of the Industrial Revolution, then says...

It is interesting to note that, even though carbon dioxide is necessary for life on Earth to exist, there is precious little of it in Earth’s atmosphere. As of 2008, only 39 out of every 100,000 molecules of air were CO2, and it will take mankind’s CO2 emissions 5 more years to increase that number by 1, to 40. [Fair Use Excerpt]

It seems to me he's claiming in this paragraph that CO2 has only gone up 2.5%!!! What gives? When are you deniers going to make up your minds?!?!

Have you ever taken a science class? Or higher math?

Have you ever taken a science class? Or higher math?

:eusa_shhh:

Interesting pattern here

Snow fell in the U.S. Deep South, severe storms battered the East Coast, and International Falls, Minnesota, set a new temperature record: -46 degrees Fahrenheit (-43 degrees Celsius) on January 21. But in areas north of the United States and southern Canada, temperatures were above normal. In fact, unusual warmth forced residents of Iqaluit, capital of the Canadian territory of Nunavut, to cancel their New Year’s snowmobile parade.This map of the United States, Canada, eastern Siberia, and Greenland shows temperature anomalies for January 9 to 16, 2011, compared to the same dates from 2003 through 2010. The anomalies are based on land surface temperatures observed by the Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectroradiometer (MODIS) on NASA’s Aqua satellite. Areas with above-average temperatures appear in red and orange, and areas with below-average temperatures appear in shades of blue. Oceans, lakes, and areas with insufficient data (usually because of persistent clouds) appear in gray.

Because this image shows temperature anomalies rather than absolute temperatures, red or orange areas are not necessarily warmer than blue areas. The reds and blues indicate local temperatures that are warmer or colder than the norm for that particular area. The overall configuration of warmer-than-normal temperatures in the north and cooler-than-normal temperatures in the south probably results from a climate pattern known as the Arctic Oscillation (AO).

Interesting pattern here

Indeed.
So. who ya think may be in charge of weather patterns here? Al Gore or perhaps (shudder) can I say the word....God
Ya may want ta think about getting off the secular broohaha and join many in asking God to once again bless America. Like you or Hansen have control or even understanding of anything.

Interesting pattern here

Interesting pattern here

Indeed.
So. who ya think may be in charge of weather patterns here? Al Gore or perhaps (shudder) can I say the word....God
Ya may want ta think about getting off the secular broohaha and join many in asking God to once again bless America. Like you or Hansen have control or even understanding of anything.

If there is a God, he is far too busy dealing with all the people then something like Mother Nature. She can handle this all on her own.

Last I heard Mother Nature (whoever that is) was limited to this planet. God being omniscient is perhaps by position CEO over Ms Nature.

Since we humbly have not even control over our own lives, what makes us think we know effin anything?

Last I heard Mother Nature (whoever that is) was limited to this planet. God being omniscient is perhaps by position CEO over Ms Nature.

Since we humbly have not even control over our own lives, what makes us think we know effin anything?

I thought God granted you free will so you could make the determination of your eternal fate. Seems to me if you can't control your own life then Gods plan is doomed from the start. Or conversely if God really does control all aspects of your life then you aren't responsible for anything you do so if a person wishes (because after all it is God doing it) to lead a life of debauchery it must be OK with God...eh whot?

Last edited:

I thought God granted you free will so you could make the determination of your eternal fate. Seems to me if you can't control your own life then Gods plan is doomed from the start. Or conversely if God really does control all aspects of your life then you aren't responsible for anything you do so if a person wishes (because after all it is God doing it) to lead a life of debauchery it must be OK with God...eh whot?

Your double speak speaks for itself.

Actually there is free will for people to be as idiotic as these comments. Now if you want something better, there is a way. If you want to be a rebel so be it. There is a price to pay for everything.

Actually there is free will for people to be as idiotic as these comments. Now if you want something better, there is a way. If you want to be a rebel so be it. There is a price to pay for everything.

You made a statement. I followed the satement to the end of it's logical conclusions based on common tenets of the Church. I have the utmost respect for churchgoers, but please leave the prosthelizing in the religious threads shall we?

I think that your view is absolutely correct for this environment:clap2:but only human nature is responsible for this imbalanced.

New Topics

Forum List

Back