War With Iran This Fall?

georgephillip

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2009
Los Angeles, California
Stop me if you've heard this before.
Wars and rumors of wars, right?

"A longtime CIA officer (Robert Baer) who spent 21 years in the Middle East is predicting that Israel will bomb Iran in the fall, dragging the United States into another major war and endangering US military and civilian personnel (and other interests) throughout the Middle East and beyond...

Obviously this is something that's been rumored many times in the past.
What's different right now is the slow-motion Depression settling over the global economy.

Wars and rumors of wars...
And the guns of August/bombs of September??

"Robert Baer has had a storied career, including a stint in Iraq in the 1990s where he organised opposition to Saddam Hussein. (He was recalled after being accused of trying to organise Saddam's assassination.) Upon his retirement, he received a top decoration for meritorious service...

"He obviously won't name many of his sources in Israel, the United States, and elsewhere, but the few he has named are all Israeli security figures who have publically warned that Netanyahu and Defense Minister Ehud Barak are hell-bent on war.

"Most former Mossad chiefs wary of Netanyahu

"Baer was especially impressed by the unprecedented warning about Netanyahu's plans by former Mossad chief Meir Dagan. Dagan left the Israeli intelligence agency in September 2010.

"Two months ago, he predicted that Israel would attack and said that doing so would be 'the stupidest thing' he could imagine. According to Haaretz...

But maybe not as stupid as Obama's response to such an act?
There's no doubt how the US Congress would react to an Israeli attack on Natanz.

CIA veteran: Israel to attack Iran in fall - Opinion - Al Jazeera English

Iran is one of the most peaceful countries in the Middle East. I love how we paint them out to be madmen.

Do you have a more credible link than one from a know enemy of the US? (al jazeera?, ya gotta be kidding right?)

if not, wouldn't this be more comfortable in the conspiracy section?
What's wrong with Al Jazeera? We support Al Qaida in Libya don't we? You better get with the program.

I do not think it would be the all out war you are implying. Israel bombed Iran before and what happened? zilch. Iran does not want to face nuclear annihilation so any attack by Israel against Iranian nuclear facilities will be met by bluster. They cannot afford to shit the oil off, they get too much from the petrodollars to do that. Of course they could have Hezbollah do some stuff from Lebanon but the Israelis would respond there with another invasion and scorched earth policy.

For the US there may be some minor consequences because of our influence with Israel. But there again look at what the Middle East gets from the US.

Last edited:
Iran is one of the most peaceful countries in the Middle East. I love how we paint them out to be madmen.

Yeah - they're such a fun-loving bunch over there in Iran - Chas' Compilation: Hanging in Iran

Listen up fuckface, I wasn't talking about civil liberties. However, I have no problem tracing the fact that Iran is it current state due to blowback by the USA and the coup of 1953.

Nonetheless, they haven't invaded a country in over 200 years and have a strict no first strike policy.

I remember when you kooks sided with Iraq and Saddam and killed over a million Iranians.

Yeah - they're such a fun-loving bunch over there in Iran - Chas' Compilation: Hanging in Iran

Listen up fuckface, I wasn't talking about civil liberties. However, I have no problem tracing the fact that Iran is it current state due to blowback by the USA and the coup of 1953.

Nonetheless, they haven't invaded a country in over 200 years and have a strict no first strike policy.

I remember when you kooks sided with Iraq and Saddam and killed over a million Iranians.

Fuckface? Do you French kiss your father with that mouth?

Seriously.

Grow some manners inbred.

You're not in the trailer right now, you're speaking with adults - or at least, you're attempting to.

Seriously.

You're not in the trailer right now, you're speaking with adults - or at least, you're attempting to.

This is coming from someone who initiated this conservation by negging me and calling me a fucking idiot....classic.

Go back to fucking your goat, you dumbass gomer.

Seriously.

This is coming from someone who initiated this conservation by negging me and calling me a fucking idiot....classic.

Go back to fucking your goat, you dumbass gomer.

You are an idiot, hence, the neg rep.

Are you too dense to comprehend the concept here, or do you need it dumbed down even more?

Surely if this prophecy were to become reality, Our Kenyan President would rush to the aid of......

IRAN

Without even a "by your leave" to Congress.

It would be tragically wrong to describe the laddie of indecision.
Or possibly John Bolton will save the day?

"Appearing before the House Foreign Affairs Committee on June 24, John Bolton, the former ambassador to the UN under President Bush, reiterated his calls for military action against Iran..."

War With Iran? US Neocons Aim to Repeat Chalabi-Style Swindle | Truthout

Forum List

Back