War Widow To Bush, You Are Not Serving The People

Bully come on. The mission was accomplished. The troops on the aircraft carrier were going home. Major operations in Iraq were over. They've been over for years.
But completing one mission doesnt mean the war is over.

Chimpy said that major combat operations in Iraq were over on that day. Since then, more than 2,000 US service men and women have died. He was either pollyanishly optimistic, or willfuly ignorant of the situation on the ground in Iraq. Either case shows him to be unfit to be C in C.

Problem is you guys have been claiming its all lies since President Bush took office. Conveniently they werent lies during the Clinton administration. They just became "lies" because President Bush was actually going to take care of the problem rather than just rattle saber for political position.

But in order for their to be lies, he has to have lied about something. Simply repeating the mantra "Bush lied" doesn't prove it.

Why has Chimpy and Co's rationale for the invasion of Iraq changed some 27 times? Why was the British government worried about Chimpy and Co's "...the intelligence and facts were being fixed around the policy..."?

here is a thorough listing of Chimpy's flip-flop's, disingenuousness, prevarication and,...yes...lies <a href =http://www.failureisimpossible.com/needtoknow/lies.htm>Bush Lies</a>

The Authorization for the Use of Military Force giving the President power to wage war against terror and any nation that supports terror isnt a declaration of war? The Iraq resolution authorizing the use of force to remove Saddam's regime for their support of terror isnt a declaration of war?

Tell me what exactly do you call bills that authorize the President to wage war? Declarations of "Let's be friends with these people by sending are military in to destroy them?"

Call it whatever you want, Congress has authorized it.[/QUOTE]

Soooo solly! That no makee declaration of war. No credible link between Saddam and Osama has ever been demonstrated, let alone proven, despite right wing-nut claims to the contrary.

Oh please, you have the audacity to lecture anyone on the principles of this republic when you oppose everything it stands for and actively support our enemies? The President isn't tossing aside the Constitution by exercising his inherent powers as commander-in-cheif. and I am sick and tired of holier than thou types such as yourself trying to actively rob the President of his constitutional powers and prevent him from fulfilling his responsibility to protect us just so you can blame him when something happens in an elaborate scheme for your own personal power.

Someone has to since some here obviously fail to grasp even the most rudimentary principles as laid down in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. If anyone is robbing anyone, it is Chimpy and Co in their attempts to justify a unitary executive branch which is a law unto itself. And I got no "schemes for personal power". What deliusion did you pull ythat from?

President Bush has served alot more people than you ever will. Remember back to the first Presidential debate? The media declared John Kerry the winner despite a number incredibly naive and deadly campaign promises. Why? Because Senator Kerry spent all day sitting in a salon getting his nails down while President Bush was out working with the people of Florida to rebuild after a hurricane disaster.

So please, by all means keep supporting the candidates who care more about their personal image then helping out the people and doing what's right to protect and rebuild America. Because actions speak a heck of alot louder then empty rhetoric.

Yeah buddy! He's served every high powered, big money interest ever tapped him on the shoulder like some crack whore turning tricks in doorways and back-alleys.

As for myself, I serve people every day...treating patients, comforting them and their families, helping them recover their health.

As for Chimpy helping rebuild Florida, houses and neighborhoods still stand vacant, blue tarps instead of roofs. And don't even mention the ongoing post-Katrina debacle.

Mornin' Bully.

I just HAVE to ask what the Dems (past or present) have done/will do to beef up security, and erradicate the terrorist threat? Please do not point to the BS white paper which says exactly nothing. I can honestly say that if the Dems can provide a DETAILED plan for the issues, I would certainly listen and consider...all I have seen from them so far is a bunch of criticism (a lot like yours!) with no solutions offered. I suspect the answer does not lie in merely denigrating the current President or administration.

Given that the Dems are not the party in power, and every measure they float is sunk by the GOP congressional leadership, what do you expect them to do?

But here is the democratic propsal to secure America, which is more than "Stay the course."

<center><a href=http://a9.g.akamai.net/7/9/8082/v001/democratic1.download.akamai.com/8082/pdfs/20060329_realsecurity.pdf#search=%22Democratic%20proposals%20for%20national%20security%22>Real Security</a></center>

Given that the Dems are not the party in power, and every measure they float is sunk by the GOP congressional leadership, what do you expect them to do?

But here is the democratic propsal to secure America, which is more than "Stay the course."

<center><a href=http://a9.g.akamai.net/7/9/8082/v001/democratic1.download.akamai.com/8082/pdfs/20060329_realsecurity.pdf#search=%22Democratic%20proposals%20for%20national%20security%22>Real Security</a></center>

Yep, that's the exact paper I was referring to...no substance and all rhetoric. History shows that the Dems have never tried to do any of those things...never. They have historically hated the military and in fact gone out of their way to sacrifice national security for the sake of socialization.

By the way, terrorism was a threat looong before the Republicans became the party in power. Not one Dem bubba did a thing about it...not one. Blowing up aspirin factories doesn't count.

As for what I expect them to do (whether or not they are the party in power) is to present legislation that makes sense; formulate a plan for national security that will work; propose ideas that fix things like illegal immigration; and do what is right for the nation and NOT just their political careers. I suspect if they did have detailed plans and proposals that made sense, they would not have to worry about their careers. And that goes for BOTH political parties.

Contrary to your assertion, a political party doesnt have to be in power to sponsor a bill. What Democrat sponsored Bill has been sponsored to fix these measures that the Republicans have sunk? Can you provide one or is this just the same empty rhetoric.

It's one thing to claim you have a plan. its another thing to actually take measures to impliment it.

Well, you just sunk the whole democratic platform, shame on you.:beer:

Well im just sick and tired of hearing "We have a plan" yet seeing no one do anything. And then making the excuse "Oh well Republicans have the majority so we cant do anything"

Bull. Is the Democrat party that absent anyone with any political savy?

If you have good plans to help the coutnry: propose legislation.

The best think that can happen is Republicans agree its good and pass it. Then The American people are benefited. And you can claim responsibility for it.

And if it is a good plan and Republicans oppose it, then you can use it as a campaign issue against the Republicans. "Republicans opposed this" It makes people vote on legislation and take a stand. If a Republican votes against a good plan. Then it becomes the perfect weapon against them in the campaign. especially if they are in tight races.

I don't understand why they dont even try to do anything. it cant hurt them.

The part about Junior crying is when the BS sign lit up, in fact it burned a few bulbs on that sign.

The story would have be more credible if it had Junior holding his finger up to the griefing woman's face, with Junior saying, "you want to smell my finger, I just scratched my ass with it."

Junior got testy in one of his press conferences. He didn't like to be reminded about the war in Iraq. For what the conditions are like over there in Iraq, Junior knows he's washed up.

Yeah, he will be gone in 2008.

The sad part of it is when he goes home, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank, while innocent people both home and abroad will be dying as a result of his failed policy.

The sad part of it is when he goes home, he'll be laughing all the way to the bank, while innocent people both home and abroad will be dying as a result of his failed policy.

Yeah...sure. While I am certain you believe that, there are many others who do not. It remains to be seen whether his policy has failed or not.

Yeah...sure. While I am certain you believe that, there are many others who do not. It remains to be seen whether his policy has failed or not.

CSM,

Right now there are several major problems with the policy in Iraq.

The Iraqis do not want U.S bases there and that will cause bombings against our soldiers until the end of time.

The Sunnis want a strong central government, while on the other hand the Kurds and Shittes want a weak central government, the disagreement on that issue alone will cause the country to break down into a civil war as neither will give in to the other. The Sunnis have nothing to lose going into a civil war because they have no oil in the region they control.

If a weak central government in Iraq get's it's way, the Turkish people will attack the Kurds. Meanwhile, Iran will continue their diplomatic influence on the Shitte tribe of Iraq.

The cost of staying in Iraq could spiral the United States into a second class power, similiar to what happened to the former Soviet Union. In fact that is the game plan of the terrorists and Junior is falling for it like the idiot that he is.

In other words it's a royal mess. You just fell for Cheney's lie about flowers and candy.

Wholly crap why didn't we think of this?
Eliminate Osama Bin Laden, destroy terrorist
networks like al Qaeda, finish the job in
Afghanistan, and end the threat posed by the
Taliban.

Eliminate terrorist breeding grounds by combating
the economic, social, and political conditions that
allow extremism to thrive;
OK for a second there I thought "eleminate", "destroy", and "end" meant wiping them out with our military. Thankfully they clarified it a paragraph down. The answer is not military action, its "combating the economic" conditions, in other words send them taxpayer money.

Redouble efforts to stop nuclear weapons
development in Iran and North Korea.
Yes, thats what we need to do, is just try really really really hard to stop them!

Achieve energy independence for America by 2020 by
eliminating reliance on oil from the Middle East and
other unstable regions of the world.
Increase production of alternate fuels from America’s
heartland including bio-fuels, geothermal, clean coal,
fuel cells, solar and wind; promote hybrid and flex fuel
vehicle technology and manufacturing; enhance energy
effi ciency and conservation incentives.
All while refusing to let us drill for our own oil in our own country!
Bush has promoted the same thing. Where are the details?

CSM,

The Iraqis do not want U.S bases there and that will cause bombings against our soldiers until the end of time.

The Sunnis want a strong central government, while on the other hand the Kurds and Shittes want a weak central government, the disagreement on that issue alone will cause the country to break down into a civil war as neither will give in to the other. The Sunnis have nothing to lose going into a civil war because they have no oil in the region they control.

If a weak central government in Iraq get's it's way, the Turkish people will attack the Kurds. Meanwhile, Iran will continue their diplomatic influence on the Shitte tribe of Iraq.

The cost of staying in Iraq could spiral the United States into a second class power, similiar to what happened to the former Soviet Union. In fact that is the game plan of the terrorists and Junior is falling for it like the idiot that he is.

In other words it's a royal mess. You just fell for Cheney's lie about flowers and candy.

Doggone, you must be psychic...

You speak for the entire Iraqii population, read the minds of all Sunniis, Shiites and Kurds in Iraq, spoken for the Turkish government and its people (as well as Iran) and even have inside knowledge of the terrorist's plans. You even managed to judge my position on all this based on one simple statement pointing out that we are offerring an opinion which some may not agree with.

CSM,

Iraqis dont want us there, but they have been asking us to stay.... thats a new one.

You guys have been complaining about civil war for a while. it hasnt happened. there isnt any evidence that it ever will happen. I think we have just as much chance if not more of a civil war in the United States.

The Cost of staying in Iraq is not as great as you seem to be exagerating. Its actually a small price to pay compared to what we have to deal with in the future.

There is no evidence of Iraq being a mess. In fact, compared to past wars in terms of costs and life lost and the speed upon which the rebuilding has occured this war is unprecedented in the modern era. You have no sense of what this war is compared to the history of such wars.

All while refusing to let us drill for our own oil in our own country!
Bush has promoted the same thing. Where are the details?

Not only has President Bush promoted the same things, but Democrats who claim they are for that have actively opposed it.

CSM,

Decide this on your own for them, have you?

So basically you are saying Sunni's are liberals.

Seems to me it's you that's being sold a bill of goods. You get your stuff out of the "Handbook for Lefty's," or what?

All I'm seeing is a lot of fingerpointing at Bush and/or his administration and absolutely NOTHING to back any of it up. What welcome breath of fresh air from the left YOU are.:rotflmao:

Well, Chimpy did say we'd be there "until the mission was complete". But wait! Wasn't it "Mission Accomplished" on 05/03/2003? Someone should really get him a thesaurus.

Yes, he did start the war in Iraq. Contrary to nore than 200 years of US history, he led America into a war of aggression based upon a tissue of lies.

I don't have any trouble at all with putting down anyone who is trying to kill me. But until Congress officially declares war on someone, we aren't at war. And, how do you wage war against an enemy that fades into the civilian populace? Intelligence and law enforcement.

The enemy is real, but they must be fought within the four corners of the law. To abandon the principles this Republic was founded upon, to toss aside the Constitution and the Bill of Rights to fight this enemy is a victory for them, and a loss for the free world. What part of that don't you understand?

And in response to the title of the thread, Chimpy has NEVER served the people. Unless, of course, they can pony up the big bucks to the GOP campaign finance committee.

With all due resepct bully .... feel free to take your left-wing lies and propaganda and fling yourself off a cliff. Do it for "the cause." Hell, take psychobitch with you.

Every damned one of oyour pathetic arguments get shot down every time you post them, and you still repost the same horse dung the next day as if you were never made a fool of the day before.

And you left-wingnuts dare wonder why you get called delusional.

With all due resepct bully .... feel free to take your left-wing lies and propaganda and fling yourself off a cliff. Do it for "the cause." Hell, take psychobitch with you.

Every damned one of oyour pathetic arguments get shot down every time you post them, and you still repost the same horse dung the next day as if you were never made a fool of the day before.

And you left-wingnuts dare wonder why you get called delusional.

The only thing I see presented as refutation of my arguments are puerile, inane, ad hominem attacks which have little bearing onn the issues under discussion.

And you wonder why I don't take the Administration's propaganda or its apologists seriously.

The only thing I see presented as refutation of my arguments are puerile, inane, ad hominem attacks which have little bearing onn the issues under discussion.

And you wonder why I don't take the Administration's propaganda or its apologists seriously.

Well, I certainly know why I don't take YOU seriously........:blues:

Forum List

Back