War tax!

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
I am watching Larry King Live and he has former Governor Jesse Ventura on. Jesse is out there a little too much for me most of the time, but he had a GREAT idea tonight. IF Obama is going to ratchet up this Afghanistan police action, then we need to pass a War Tax! We CANNOT afford to maintain thr two police actions we have in Iraq and Afghanistan, so we must pay for them. What say you?

why don't we sell war bonds like we did in WWII?

One other idea Ventura had was that ANY member of Congress who votes to go to war, or send our troops into action in a country other than our own, must first identify a member of their own family who will be immediately called to duty to serve.

Hey, why not pass a "Stimulus tax" to pay for the stimulus? Why not pass a healthcare tax to pay for healthcare? (OK so they're doing that).
What a cynical maneuver by the Dems to let themeslves off the hook for the war.

Hey, why not pass a "Stimulus tax" to pay for the stimulus? Why not pass a healthcare tax to pay for healthcare? (OK so they're doing that).

So, it is OK with you to borrow money from Communist China to fight "wars" that offer us no return?

So, it is OK with you to borrow money from Communist China to fight "wars" that offer us no return?

No. Is it OK with you to borrow money from Communist China to fund "Stimulus Packages" that are nothing but waste and fraud?

I am watching Larry King Live and he has former Governor Jesse Ventura on. Jesse is out there a little too much for me most of the time, but he had a GREAT idea tonight. IF Obama is going to ratchet up this Afghanistan police action, then we need to pass a War Tax! We CANNOT afford to maintain thr two police actions we have in Iraq and Afghanistan, so we must pay for them. What say you?

Just what the middle class is aching for...more taxes.

The War in Afghanistan represents about 1/10 of one percent of the federal budget especially after deleting the money we'd still be paying for this self same military were it here rather than overseas.

This is just dumbass grandstanding and a total failure to comprehend reality in the Moslem world.

figures a palin supporter would be for a war tax for a useless exercise

we have ALWAYS taxed ourselves or sold bonds to pay for our wars.

GWB was the first president not to do such, and to borrow the money and put it on our children and children's children shoulders....

if we are in war, it is important that we pay for our own wars....not have future generations be stuck with it.....

BECAUSE we should feel the pain for our own actions, not pass them along....if we are not willing to fund our wars then we should not be AT WAR....

we have ALWAYS taxed ourselves ..... to pay for our wars.

I don't think taking away one's money through a war tax will incite pain...it will incite a lot of bitching and complaining....which seems to be what some on the left want.

Please name one war where a specific "war tax" was passed to pay for it. I cannot find a single example.

This is the third or forth 'War Tax' thread I've see in the last few days.

The left is just prepping the masses for Obama to break his no tax for anyone making under $250,000 campaign promise AND trying to contort the facts into a pretzel so they can BLAME BUSH for it.

You all are so transparent, it's like you have glass heads.

We said Obama was a tax n spent liberal...and so far we've only been half right...

He's spent and spent and spent and then spent some more and now he's pushing to spend even more on a no reform healthcare power grab.

Now he's got to tax...so he sends out his minions to BLAME BUSH.

This is Obama's war, the right war, the war we should have been fighting...

Those are HIS WORDS.

So if there is a war tax IT'S OBAMA'S WAR TAX.

For crapssake will this president ever take some responsibility?

Perhaps we should chip it and buy him a sign for his desk...

THE BUCK STOPS EVERYWHERE BUT HERE.

Last edited:
we have ALWAYS taxed ourselves ..... to pay for our wars.

I don't think taking away one's money through a war tax will incite pain...it will incite a lot of bitching and complaining....which seems to be what some on the left want.

Please name one war where a specific "war tax" was passed to pay for it. I cannot find a single example.

bitching and complaining is what we need, to keep our war ventures in CHECK....

that's what i meant by pain....people tend to be vocal, tend to express their will clearly, through their own pockets....

If the war is supported by ''we, the people'' then there won't be a problem with a tax or selling bonds....

The left is just prepping the masses for Obama to break his no tax for anyone making under $250,000 campaign promise AND trying to contort the facts into a pretzel so they can BLAME BUSH for it.

We said Obama was a tax a spent liberal...and so far we've only been have right...

He's spent and spent and spent and then spent some more and now he's pushing to spend even more on a no reform healthcare power grab.

So now he's got to tax...so he sends out his minions to BLAME BUSH.

Those are HIS WORDS.

I can only half agree with you. The fact is that the bill for the wars had to be paid but Bush and the GOP weren't interested in flipping that bill to the point where they just magically left it off the budget. Why? Because they knew Americans wouldn't be so gung ho for the war if they had to pay the piper in both money and the lives of their servicemen and women.

Why do you think they have been so effective at killing health care reform? I think it's because they are telling Americans how badly it will hit their wallet. That kind of thing works on Americans. Do you think that if BushCo got up in front of the American ppl years ago and said the wars will end up costing them close to a trillion dollars that they would have had as much support as they did? I certainly don't think so. But when you get up and lie to the public and say that the war will pay for itself with Iraqi money it sounds a lot better.

To try and now sluff that major eff up on Obama is a bit disengenuous, IMO.

We said Obama was a tax a spent liberal...and so far we've only been have right...

Those are HIS WORDS.

I can only half agree with you. The fact is that the bill for the wars had to be paid but Bush and the GOP weren't interested in flipping that bill to the point where they just magically left it off the budget. Why? Because they knew Americans wouldn't be so gung ho for the war if they had to pay the piper in both money and the lives of their servicemen and women.

Why do you think they have been so effective at killing health care reform? I think it's because they are telling Americans how badly it will hit their wallet. That kind of thing works on Americans. Do you think that if BushCo got up in front of the American ppl years ago and said the wars will end up costing them close to a trillion dollars that they would have had as much support as they did? I certainly don't think so. But when you get up and lie to the public and say that the war will pay for itself with Iraqi money it sounds a lot better.

I think after 9/11 we would have gone after Al Qeada and the Taliban that was protected them even if we'd had to mortgage Alaska to do it.

Those are HIS WORDS.

I think after 9/11 we would have gone after Al Qeada and the Taliban that was protected them even if we'd had to mortgage Alaska to do it.

It's a shame they didn't understand that at the time and actually ask Americans to pay for that war.

Iraq is another story.

That was their big chance to close the borders and impose strict immigration reform too. Huge opportunity lost.

Forum List

Back