War plan falling apart

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
Afghanistan War? No problem President Obama said. We can increase troops for 18 months and start leaving. We just need the Afghanis to step up and the Pakistanis to cooperate.

US complains of Pakistan harassment of diplomats - Yahoo! News

The U.S. Embassy in Pakistan complained Thursday that its diplomats are being harassed and detained as they travel around the country, illustrating heightened tensions between the allies as America expands its presence here.

Zardari told the visiting lawmakers that Pakistan should be given the drone technology itself, and urged that "U.S. actions should remain on the Afghan side of the border," according to a statement from the president's office.

He also pushed the U.S. to speed up its delivery of financial aid and to channel it through the Pakistani government, something some observers fear could feed graft.

Afghanistan War? No problem President Obama said. We can increase troops for 18 months and start leaving. We just need the Afghanis to step up and the Pakistanis to cooperate.

The U.S. Embassy in Pakistan complained Thursday that its diplomats are being harassed and detained as they travel around the country, illustrating heightened tensions between the allies as America expands its presence here.

Zardari told the visiting lawmakers that Pakistan should be given the drone technology itself, and urged that "U.S. actions should remain on the Afghan side of the border," according to a statement from the president's office.

He also pushed the U.S. to speed up its delivery of financial aid and to channel it through the Pakistani government, something some observers fear could feed graft.

Did you hear about this? America's $7.5 BILLION DOLLAR HANDOUT to Pakistan is considered "offensive to Pakistanis?" And Obama sent John Kerry to Pakistan to convince them to take our money and NOT TO HATE AMERICA for giving them a multi-billion dollar welfare payment.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sblpbm8dZSU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sblpbm8dZSU[/ame]

The Pakistanis have some national pride and independence. Good for them. Kerri and Obama trying to explain why they should take the money, what should prove interesting. My guess is you don't have to convince the government, just the people. Even a poor Pakistani understands the US wants something in return. They don't want to pay.

The Pakistanis have some national pride and independence. Good for them. Kerri and Obama trying to explain why they should take the money, what should prove interesting. My guess is you don't have to convince the government, just the people. Even a poor Pakistani understands the US wants something in return. They don't want to pay.

So I suppose the Iraq surge, having a variety of operation code names, one of which included paying locals to gain cooperation didn't work? We'll never know how much [taxpayer] cash was thrown at those guys who were once killing our soldiers and Marines.

Did you hear about this? America's $7.5 BILLION DOLLAR HANDOUT to Pakistan is considered "offensive to Pakistanis?" And Obama sent John Kerry to Pakistan to convince them to take our money and NOT TO HATE AMERICA for giving them a multi-billion dollar welfare payment.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sblpbm8dZSU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sblpbm8dZSU[/ame]

I liked Hillary's response directly to THEM: "Then don't take it." But of course they did, and they will.

So I suppose the Iraq surge, having a variety of operation code names, one of which included paying locals to gain cooperation didn't work? We'll never know how much [taxpayer] cash was thrown at those guys who were once killing our soldiers and Marines.

I think we are still pitching money MaggieMae. The US response to guerrilla warfare was special forces. Pullout of Afghanistan and Iraq. Insert special forces anywhere in the world we feel necessary on a raid basis, not occupation.

I think we are still pitching money MaggieMae. The US response to guerrilla warfare was special forces. Pullout of Afghanistan and Iraq. Insert special forces anywhere in the world we feel necessary on a raid basis, not occupation.

I think it eventually will come to that. This is all new warfare against an enemy with participants in just about every country on earth. We can't continue to jump into the middle of every hot spot. Yet there are those who now want diversion from Afghanistan to Yemen. Huh? Yemen has ALWAYS been a hotbed for terror.

Plan? What plan? I don't see a plan. Al Qaeda and the Taliban have already won over there. It's very sad.

Uhhhhhhh.....which war plan...the failed March of 2009 strategy, the current failing strategy or is there a future soon to be announced failure.....?

Last edited:
The well thought out, took forever to come up with, under-manned, hail mary plan.

Forum List

Back